News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Visual PSX and FS9.

Started by Mariano, Mon, 15 Nov 2010 20:58

Mariano

Hi everyone,

This is a quick one. Will Visual PSX be compatible with FS9? I hope so...

Thanks,

Mariano

Garry Richards

Hi Mariano,

I announced recently that VisualPSX would only be for FSX and received only one reply asking about FS9. Yours is the second.

If there is enough interest I would consider writing an FS9 version as well, so if others are keen to see this please indicate your wish in this thread.

I find FSX to be far superior to FS9, although it does need powerful graphics processing to make the most of it.
Garry

Mariano

Thank you Gary.

Maybe I'll register on this forum under one hundred other names and can get you to make an FS9 version. Oops, too much information ;-)

Anyway, hope I can have some backing on this one.

Thanks,

Mariano

OKD

Hey Mariano

I am with you, and better start "lobbying"... :mrgreen:
OK....I am ok, if you are ok...!!

Peter Lang

Quote from: Garry RichardsI announced recently that VisualPSX would only be for FSX and received only one reply asking about FS9. Yours is the second.

Hi Garry,

I also would be very happy if Visual PSX could support FS9 :-)

Peter

Richard McDonald Woods

Hi Garry,
Surely the continuing use of FS9 should now be deprecated. It's old now and, as you say, FSX is far superior technically.
Cheers, Richard

Pierre Theillere

Hi all!

I join the club for FS9 support... as I don't even have FSX, and I don't see any extra interest for it, as I used to be very happy with FS9 combined with PS1. Maybe I'm a bit marginal, but I'm not so much an "eye-candy" guy; as a summary: the smoothest, the best!
Pierre, LFPG

Franco

Hi All,

I'm with Mariano.......

Kurt

Hi just out of curiosity, - why FS9 instead of FSX? - Is there a special thing that makes it more suitable?

Best regards.

F
Best regards
Kurt

Robert Staudinger

Hi Garry,

I'm with Mariano and as Pierre says: FS9 works smooth and reliable.

Robert (#6 now)

Peter Lang

Quote from: FlygenringHi just out of curiosity, - why FS9 instead of FSX? - Is there a special thing that makes it more suitable?

my reasons are:
-  FS9 runs smooth and reliable (see Pierre)
-  to get FSX as smooth as FS9 you have to buy very strong hardware.
-  I have a lot of addons. At least half of them I would have to buy in the new version
-  I don't need more "eye candies" than available in FS9

The only reason for me to get FSX on my harddisk would be: no VisualPSX for FS9

Peter

martin

Quote from: Garry Richardsplease indicate your wish in this thread.
+1    :D  

Quote from: FlygenringIs there a special thing that makes [FS9] more suitable?
Yes. I have it. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Martin

Mariano

Peter,

You have read my mind. You saved me from posting exactly the same thing.

Thanks!

Mariano

Phil Bunch

Is it possible to buy FS9 on the normal retail market?

I wonder also about FSX since MS seems to be trying to move it into the cloud.
Best wishes,

Phil Bunch

Garry Richards

Quote from: Garry RichardsIf there is enough interest I would consider writing an FS9 version as well, so if others are keen to see this please indicate your wish in this thread.
Why, oh why, did I write that? :roll:
Garry

John Golin

Quote from: Garry Richards
Quote from: Garry RichardsIf there is enough interest I would consider writing an FS9 version as well, so if others are keen to see this please indicate your wish in this thread.

Fortunately for you, you did not quantify 'enough'...  :lol:
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Hardy Heinlin

By the time when PSX is ready for release you guys will discuss what's better FS17 or FS18 -- and whether one should better buy a 18GHz quadro or a 12GHz octaviano.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Matt Sheil

Quote from: Hardy HeinlinBy the time when PSX is ready for release you guys will discuss what's better FS17 or FS18 -- and whether one should better buy a 18GHz quadro or a 12GHz octaviano.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

:mrgreen:

Zinger

I have both FS versions since day one, with more than a thousand hours on them. FS9 is nearly perfect. Except that once I used FSX SP2 on a capable PC, I never went back. Display quality is a generation ahead. Even Under Vista, but especially now under Windows 7.

I would have liked two PSX versions- stand alone and the other- MSFS add-on.
MSFS has everything necessary for smooth cooperation with ATC networks, world scenery and advanced weather generation. All written and updated by thousands of people who specialize in what they do.
Regards, Zinger

jlpilot

Hi Gary,

Just out of curiosity, is the FS9 Visual PSX a dead project or is it still under consideration? Just can't seem to beat the frame rates and performance of FS9 with today's processing power and, it doesn't look half bad with Active Sky and a few add-on airports. :mrgreen:

Kind regards,

Jermaine.

Quote from: Garry Richards
Regards,

Jermaine.