News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FS 2020, or FLIGHT SIMULATOR...

Started by cagarini, Tue, 1 Oct 2019 07:06

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Don't overlook that smiley: :-)

cagarini

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun, 15 Dec 2019 12:08
Quote from: jcomm on Sun, 15 Dec 2019 10:16
with the new Physics & Weather, if HH could create he's 744s as a native MFS add-on, that would look even better

Says the enthusiast without knowing the code, yet claiming a native MSFS 747 would be better.

Was just a thought...

I really don't know what the new flight dynamics model and the new SDK will allow for. And.. of course I believe I understand the code in PSX is so complex that porting it to something compatible with MFS would be even more complex...

My problem was always getting PSX to run acceptably, for me, with external visual generators ( exception being Tellurium when used as a "moving-map" ). X-Plane, FSX and P3D have always made it difficult for me to accept the merge, and I always ended playing PSX stnadalone, even with all of it's "World Visuals" limitations.

Martin Baker

I'm getting great results with PSX and P3D coupled via Gary's externalsim - best of both worlds - and I'm no techie. It took a fair amount of thought setting it up, but works almost flawlessly - the only issue is that I occasionally have to restart P3D as it fails to respond to the link, but PSX continues absolutely reliably while that happens, so I can continue to fly. That wouldn't be the case if they were combined. I have no doubt that Gary's team will continue to enhance the experience, either with P3D or MSFS2020.

If you're having any difficulty setting it up, I'm sure people on this forum will be only too happy to help.

M

cagarini

Quote from: Martin B on Mon, 16 Dec 2019 14:04
I'm getting great results with PSX and P3D coupled via Gary's externalsim - best of both worlds - and I'm no techie. It took a fair amount of thought setting it up, but works almost flawlessly - the only issue is that I occasionally have to restart P3D as it fails to respond to the link, but PSX continues absolutely reliably while that happens, so I can continue to fly. That wouldn't be the case if they were combined. I have no doubt that Gary's team will continue to enhance the experience, either with P3D or MSFS2020.

If you're having any difficulty setting it up, I'm sure people on this forum will be only too happy to help.

M

Apart from some fancy effects we get in both XP and P3D versions, and I also used the P3D port to ELITE first as a beta tester and then as a user of the last version released recently and it has some of those effects too, my maisn problem is that in order to be able to profit from both worlds I would need to take the plunge and invest in at least a 2nd PC to run P3D or XP properly.

PSX always ran smooth as silk on my desktop - not the case with P3D, even with my rather conservative settings, like nill autogen and so on... If I has P3D running on a more up-2-date machine I am sure the results would be tempting.

Thanks for your answer anyway !

Martin Baker

Fair point! I run P3D and one instance of PSX on one computer, both absolutely smooth, but have another 4 monitors connected to 2 Mac minis with another 4 instances of PSX. The more you invest in the hardware, the better the experience!

ahaka

We will see what the future will bring. PSX and FS2020 together could well be combining the absolute best of both worlds. :)

Antti