News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

4k monitor (27-inch)

Started by double-alpha, Thu, 18 Apr 2019 02:34

double-alpha

Hi,

I intend to get a new monitor.
I'm interested in buying a 4k (3840 x 2160) 27-inch, instead of my standard 27-inch (1920x1080).
What do you think ?

Is a 4k a better choice (with PSX) than the standard one ???
Will I notice significant improvement using psx ?

Another question : is it possible to use a 4k and a standard (for example, the standard for external view and the 4k for PSX)

Thank you.

torrence

I have had a 4K laptop for awhile.  It's beautiful and PSX looks great on it on the laptop screen ... BUT on my laptop screen it makes the size of text and displays so small that they are hard to read. Since  I usually use a two monitor setuup, with my laptop expanded to the large (~50") big screen, setting both for standard HD is OK.  So what's best at the moment depends on how you are using PSX.  If it's simple, display on one large HD screen, I'd say PSX would be great, but you do have to worry about frame rates etc.  I'd try it out on someone's 4K system and your computer before committing.  Some of the folks on the Forum with more complex multi-computer/monitor set ups may have suggestions.  PSX can deliver the graphics if you have the compute power and screen resolution.

Cheers
Torrence
Cheers
Torrence

double-alpha

Thank you Torrence for your feedback.

Regards

Adrien