News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

2 Engines

Started by Steve_Beckett, Sat, 24 Nov 2018 16:50

Steve_Beckett

Hi. I'm trying to practice 2 Engine approaches. As expected, I loose the A/T but LNAV & VNAV remain available? Centering the rudder trim below <1500RA (approaching 1000ft AGL) causes the A/C to go unstable. Have I missed an update, it always used to authentically replicate the a/c. Im on version 10.1.2.

Thanks in advance, Steve Beckett

Toga

LNAV & VNAV will remain available, yes.

You will become unstable centering the rudder trim at at all times with LNAV / VNAV engaged.

Below 1500ft RA the AP will deal with the rudder only when APP is engaged.

LOC & V/S is advisable when performing 2 e/o app's as TOGA isn't used in the event of a G/A.

HTH.

T

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Steve,

with 2 E/O, LNAV/VNAV were unavailable in a very old PSX version. That wasn't correct. Proven in the big sims.

Automatic rudder only works in LAND 2 and 3 *. That's normal in all versions.

Both FDs and all APs must be off to disengage ILS modes. That's normal in all versions. If you cycle just one FD switch, be sure that your virtual PNF sits in the other seat to move the other FD as well.

In any case, may I recommend to download version 10.55? It's worth it.

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4191.0

Regards,

|-|ardy

* and in multichannel TOGA.

Steve_Beckett

Hi Hardy

Thanks for the reply. Big error on my part, yes I had single channel autopilot hence the rudder not working as expected. Did a screen shot.. Not sure why ?.... as the ILS into CPT Cape Town should have facilitated multi channel autopilot engagement.

However re LNAV/VNAV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE_aFbaucqA&feature=youtu.be

My LNAV/VNAV confusion seems to come from the BRITJET video I was watching previously. (link above) at 4.40sec into the presentation it's stated that whilst you can press the LNAV and VNAV buttons they won't engage! This is indeed how I remember being instructed during training but it may well have changed with the NGFMC (or perhaps earlier). Certainly theirs nothing in the FCOM and FCTM which supports this statement , though I'm still looking. The QRH (Flight Patterns Section) shows LNAV and VNAV as an option to an Enroute fix. However it doesn't specify mode engagement.

Thanks once again for the help and I've now updated to 10.54.

Britjet

Hi Steve,

The video was based on much earlier versions of PSX, and indeed (apparently) the aircraft. I can't remember the link to the discussion on this (although I'm sure Hardy will find it) but I remember being talked out of it by the "Big sim" proof.
Where it came from I don't know, but it's not related to an NG update, it relates to the legacy system.
Peter.

cagarini

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sat, 24 Nov 2018 17:33

In any case, may I recommend to download version 10.55? It's worth it.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Oops, missed 10.55 ?  Where is it ?

G-CIVA

Probably ready by Wednesday.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Hardy Heinlin

Steve_Beckett

Hi Peter (BRITJET)  Thanks for the reply. Notwithstanding the LNAV/VNAV change, it's a cracking video for simplfying two engine operation, (great briefing) and really useful for me as it's part of my 'day two' training/ check next month.

Britjet

Thanks for the kind comments Steve...
Peter.