News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Autobrake Manual Activation After Landing

Started by emerydc8, Thu, 18 Oct 2018 06:37

Holger Wende

Hi,

This term "moved" raised my attention:
Quote from: emerydc8 on Mon, 22 Oct 2018 12:16
...the AB switch will move to disarm on the ground if a thrust lever is moved forward when you have it set to 1-max, ...

It seems AB are disarmed not only if thrust levers are moved forward but also if thrust levers are stable not at idle (or very close to idle?) on touch down. It happened to me from time to time when I forgot to adjust my levers properly for the final approach.
But what confuses me, is the announcement "autobrakes off", although autobrakes are disarmed only.
Is this "nitpicking" or is there some other reason behind.

Thanks, Holger

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Holger,

I think the relevant disarm trigger on the ground is not the lever movement but the lever position. If you land with a high thrust setting (accidentally) the autobrakes would fight against the engine thrust; and the pilot's intention even might have been a touch-and-go landing.

The words in the PNF call-out "autobrakes off" are airline specific. The main purpose of the call is not so much whether the system is off or disarmed but that the system is no longer active and that manual braking is now required.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Holger Wende

Thanks a lot for the reply, Hardy.

I only recently realized (or re-discovered?) this extremely useful Throttle lever synchronization/3rd push feature  :)
I think I discovered it first in one of Britjets training tutorials, only then started searching the forum.

I did not find this simulation feature in the 10.1.7 manual though.
In case I overlooked it excuse my ignorance please, if it's really missing add it to any potentially next manual releases please, it's so very useful!

Best regards, Holger

Hardy Heinlin

The manual with its 600 pages cannot discuss all details. That would require 6000 pages ...

The undocumented details are in the forum :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sat,  3 Nov 2018 16:38
The manual with its 600 pages cannot discuss all details. That would require 6000 pages ...

The undocumented details are in the forum :-)

Just like real aircraft, except that the forum isn't so easily located  :-)