News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX Visuals

Started by awais1407, Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:05

awais1407

Hi Hardy,

Will the PSX visuals include various types of cloud formations, rain/snow/thunderstorm effects etc ?

Regards,
Awais M.

Hardy Heinlin

awais1407

Hey Hardy,

Isn't there any possibility of even very basic effects. I have seen thunderstorms and possibly rain effects in PS1.3.

There were also many neat little effects in PS1.3, like for example you can see beacon and strobe lights reflect back when flying through clouds. These little details makes PS1.3 a very immersive simulation, and would be great to see in PSX.

Also, will  the user be able see taxiways.

Regards,
Awais M.

Hardy Heinlin

PSX will probably include the same effects as in PS1, but not "various types of cloud formations".

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

I also assume PSX won't include different taxiways per airport, but possibly standard parallel taxiways per runway?

Hardy Heinlin

I assume so, too.

awais1407

Ok, and will the PSX world have land and water? And possibly, very basic mountainous terrain in certain areas?

Regards,
Awais M.

Hardy Heinlin

Matt Sheil

Quote from: awais1407Ok, and will the PSX world have land and water? And possibly, very basic mountainous terrain in certain areas?

Regards,
Awais M.
It should be very easy to connect to FSX and maybe other scenery generators.
The main problem with simulator programs is they try and do both, the best scenery and the best aircraft module, it just does not work and ends up being a compromise.
PSX will run solid and do what it is designed to do.
FSX, Xplane and other nice pretty software packages will add the extra's like scenery, visual weather, stars, moon, night, day.
This way you do not have the systems of a simulated aircraft slowing down nice scenery.

Think of PSX as an Aircraft simulator and FSX as a scenery Generator.

But PSX like PS13 will provide a generic scenery Horizon and runways for operation on a laptop or away from a multicomputer setup.

Cheers

awais1407

Hi Matt,

I personally have always been happy with the amount of visuals available in PS1.3.

However, I wouldn't mind a few extra things such as visible taxiways, differentiation between  Land and Water, and some basic terrain.

Regards,
Awais M.

Tetsuo

I'm so looking forward to buying a PSX.  Is there a PAPI with the runway?
Sory for my poor English.  
tetsuo  RJOO

Hardy Heinlin

Franco

I personally think that scenery generation greatly improves PS. I just tried with Flightgear and I like it very much.

Walter Kranl

I understand that an external scenery generator can be displayed on a separate monitor (or separate computer). Is it possible to display the (external) scenery within the front windows of PSX? Or is this window only for PSX's internal scenery?

Walter

Hardy Heinlin

The PSX windows are only for PSX's internal outside view.

Don't run MSFS on the same machine as PSX. MSFS is too fat for a 2-sim-combo on a single computer.

Cheers,

|-|ardy