News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

B747pilotusa

thank you very much for your help, got it , live weather will be

JP59

Hello,

WidePSX version 2.5.8 is up. You can download the new version by using the updated link provided in the very first post of this thread. Unzip the file, and place the whole extracted WidePSX folder in your existing WidePSX root folder. Say "Yes" when asked to merge/overwrite all the existing folders and files.

What's new in version 2.5.8 ?

- You are now able to use your Scenery Generator's or a third part pushback system instead of the WidePSX/PSX pushback. See the new user manual provided page 24 for details.

- Ground services simplified (silent / automated) mode added. See the new user manual page 24 for details.

- Added third mode in the AloftWx module "Turb. Only" for those wanting to use this module to only simulate CAT areas. See the new user manual page 20 for details.

- Several minor improvements, modifications and bugs cleared. See the provided "Revision History.txt" file for details.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

B747-400

Hello,

thx a lot for your update!

Just the right time, as I'm installing my new Visual-PC these days!

Best regards
Hans

JohnH

Thanks so very much for the update, just trying now on a 2 PC setup and all is working great!

John

asboyd

Great new features JP. All I need now is a replacement video card.... my old 1070 died the death of a thousand artifacts......

Need more casual work I think :)

Cheers,
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

B747-400

..... moved ....

Steve Hose

Thank you very much for your efforts JP, a great update.

Regards, Steve.

B747-400

Hi Jean-Philippe,

installed the new version, everything is working very smooth - excellent!!

Is there any chance to autostart your great tool? I mean that it connects automatically on the Network tab and automatically starts the Generator Bridge on the SceneryGenBridge tab?

I have PSX and your tools running on my Server, and there is no keyboard installed. So, this would be extrem helpful!

Thanks and best regards
Hans

B747-400

Hi Jean-Philippe,

one more question:

Using the standard Asobo 747-8i from MSFS I have troubles with the lights. Only the left runway turnoff light of nosegear is working. I went through the messages of this thread and found a message, that this has been fixed; but perhaps I missed the essentials about this issue (33 pages are a lot to go through  :o)

If there is a better 747-400 model out there to use, pls advice.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Hans

JP59

Hello Hans,

I don't plan to update WidePSX now, but I will think about adding an auto connect feature in the future, no guarantee. About the flight model, the lights are an issue, but as I said a lot, this is a SimConnect / Flight model issue at the MSFS side, I can't do anything.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

B747-400

Hello Jean-Philippe,

sounds good! In the meantime, I established a solution for an unattended start of my FS Server.
PSX, MSFS, WidePSX are all started automatically, MSFS moves into a position on ramp, and WidePSX connects ... et voilà.

Regarding the lights:
yes, I saw the long thread. Eventually I established a solution here as well. I tweaked the systems.cfg, and now all lights are working, I can switch all lights with PSX. Most important, the taxi and landing lights. I don't know, if my approach is correct in regard of how it is intended from MS to work. But for me, I got what I want: working lights with my switches in the sim.

I think MS has lot bugs to fix: binding keystrokes to lights ON / OFF are not working properly on the 747. The A 320 is reversed, etc. etc. ...

Best regards
Hans

JP59

Glad to see you found a workaround. Providing a new functionality is not so easy, as you need to think about people who still want to use the software like they did before. The best way is to make this functionality « user selectable » but it requires a lot of work and can make the user interface more complex. I'll keep that in mind and see if it is « easily » do-able in a future update.

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

B747-400

I absolutely understand (I spent > 15 years of my lifetime as a SW developer ...  :o but very useful nowadays ;))

An idea could be a design-table: Switch in PSX = Node in MSFS aircraft - but as you said: future ...

Have a great WE
Hans

B747pilotusa

Hello friends , quick question , why when I connect widePSX to P3D the cockpit on the P3D shakes, if I close the WIDEPSX normal cockpit , but when I connect and and scenery generator bridge is start everything is shaking on the P3D, I'm using PMDG on P3D

Some pence could help me

Thank you so much

jC

B747-400

Hi JC,

does it stop afer a few moments or is it shaking continuosly?

I'm using MSFS, and as long as the sim is loading and generating the scenery, I get some wired displays: shaking ground, falling objects and cars, visible loading etc. But after a few seconds it established, and all is fine.

Sometimes, for example, runway lights are hovering over the RWY, etc. In this rare situation I reload same situation again, and that fixes it.

Try the same with another plane than PMDG, to narrow down the problem.

Best regards
Hans

B747pilotusa

Thank you very much , the shake is continually, doesn't stop , I use MSFS 2020 and all good except than required a lot of power of my PC , so that is why I decided to changed for P3D I will try another airplane than PMDG would see , but every time I connect WIDEPSX start shaking if I disconnect  the shake stop

Thank you

Dirk Schepmann

Hi JC,

I guess the shaking occurs because the PMDG 747 interprets the movement differently than a simple puppet aircraft.

In the options of PMDG you can disable several "shaking options" (turbulence, ground etc.). You might try this and see if it helps.

Best,
Dirk

B747pilotusa

thank you very much I will try these settings would see if it fix the problem, I will let you know guys because everything works perfect except for the shake

JC

JP59

Hello JC,

You will not be able to use WidePSX with the PMDG 747 because it has its own internal systems which are in conflict with the WidePSX commands. WidePSX is usable with the default FSX/P3D 747, or some "basic" add-ons like the POSKY 747 or iFly 747 which are used by a lot of the WidePSX users.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe