News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

Zangdaarr

Hi There !

I followed the manual and edited my simconnect.xml, started a flight, tried to connect, and while PSX is connected without any issue, SimConnect cannot be joined.

I used my local ip address and the port of 5000, does this issue happened to any one ?

Zangdaarr

Hi There,

Trying to connect MSFS and WidePSX, can't connect to simconnect, is the current version of WidePSX still compatible with the latest microsoft update ?

Otherwise, I maybe have an issue with simconnect or missed something during the configuration ?

brian747

(I hope Philippe won't mind me jumping in here, since the problem seems a fairly simple one).

Yes, WidePSX is compatible with MSFS (it definitely works for me).   

First of all, I assume you're using the current version of WidePSX (v2.5.7, from memory)?

Did you carefully follow the important simconnect instructions on pages 5 - 6, and also on page 8, of the WidePSX manual? (I ask this because if you're having simconnect problems it sounds as though this is the problem).   

Incidentally, do pay special attention to the item in red on page 8: it is vital that you edit the address fields to be the IP address of your computer (which Hardy kindly tells you - you'll find it in italics on the Preferences | Basics tab of the Instructor).

When you get everything right, you will find that simconnect connects like a dream.   

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Zangdaarr

Hi There,

I did not follow anything from pages 5, 6 and 7 because they are marked "FSX/P3D ONLY FOR MSFS GO TO PAGE 8".

However I did follow page 8 and correctly filled the address tag with my local computer IP.

I finally manage to install the SDK and I was able to connect this morning. I initially suspected my vpn as it can causes issues with MSFS but it was not the case at the end
I do not know if everyone has the developer mode activated in order to connect ?

The other difference is the port I used, initially I set 5000. This time I let the 29747 port. Could it be it ?

Zangdaarr

So I made a first test flight and it worked very well, I am amazed by this software.

I think I read that it's a payware so I'd like to buy it but could not find a registration process anywhere, where should I go to properly license my copy ?

pacwest18

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a recent change in behavior of WidePSX and MSFS. I'm running WidePSX 2.5.7 and starting in the past month, the altitude synchronization is off even when using the stock 747-8 aircraft model. At cruising altitudes, MSFS positions the aircraft roughly 1500 feet below PSX altitude. I've verified that the barometric pressure is set to STD in both simulators.

Not a huge issue, but it does mean that the virtual MSFS ATC is constantly bugging me about not being at my assigned altitude. Also, I haven't tried my first landing yet since this issue appeared: I'm hoping MSFS doesn't put me 1500 feet below ground level on arrival :).

Best...

asboyd

Quote from: Zangdaarr on Fri, 13 Aug 2021 15:45
So I made a first test flight and it worked very well, I am amazed by this software.

I think I read that it's a payware so I'd like to buy it but could not find a registration process anywhere, where should I go to properly license my copy ?

Check out the first post, you can download it from there... it is now freeware based on Philippe's update.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

pacwest18

Quote from: pacwest18 on Thu, 26 Aug 2021 20:10
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a recent change in behavior of WidePSX and MSFS. I'm running WidePSX 2.5.7 and starting in the past month, the altitude synchronization is off even when using the stock 747-8 aircraft model. At cruising altitudes, MSFS positions the aircraft roughly 1500 feet below PSX altitude. I've verified that the barometric pressure is set to STD in both simulators.

Not a huge issue, but it does mean that the virtual MSFS ATC is constantly bugging me about not being at my assigned altitude. Also, I haven't tried my first landing yet since this issue appeared: I'm hoping MSFS doesn't put me 1500 feet below ground level on arrival :).

Best...

I discovered the answer in this post regarding a bug in a recent MSFS update:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/vatsim-ivao-pilotedge-users-be-aware-of-an-important-bug/426142

cagarini

Yes, MFS now models non-ISA pressure lapse rates, and the effects of high ad low temperatures on the geopotential height.

I didn't yet understand ( I believe it wasn't documented in the SDK ) how the values are adapted. They can use one of the formulas that is widely used for temperature compensation in "true altitude" calculations, or using the feed that they receive from Meteoblue, which as geopotential height data too.

Meanwhile there are some problems with the implementation and I believe while some were solved by SU5 HF2 there are still a few loose ends...

Christian Wiegand

Quote from: pacwest18 on Thu, 26 Aug 2021 20:10
Hi all,

Best...

I do experience the same problem and it's annoying for VATSIM online flights. Has it been adressed meanwhile?

best regards
Chris

asboyd

I am not sure WidePSX is being supported any more as it was opened up as freeware a few months ago and left as
is...
Have you tried the "set height ref" and the "inhibit offset above..." and "Use new lift... " settings.
I had to play with them to get PSX to work with Fly Tampa YSSY in MSFS....

I do prefer P3D though, so I am hoping that the software will work with P3D V5.3....

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

terron

Hi!
I'm new with WidePSX, so I would like to know is it possible to setup a scenery generator with 3 different image generator PC? Like with the PSX.NET.ExternalSim. Now we are using P3Dv4 and PSX.NET.ExterlnalSim.

Thanks!

Laszlo

kwieser76

HI
I have the same issue that on Vatsom the controller see a different altitude as I have.
The storage is that other Pilots in the network see me at the same altitude as I have just the controller has a different altitude.

Also, the date in vatspy are correct with PSX just the ATC Client see the wrong altitude .. ma
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

CHEDHKG

Guys,

I noticed that this happens when the "Live Weather" was on in MSFS. As soon as I turn it off, the altitude reported is correct. Mind you that this was on IVAO and not VATSIM, but probably the same issue on both networks.

-Stephan

kwieser76

but the question is why in the network (in my case VATSIM) for the other aircraft my altitude was correct and just for the controller it is different?
The solution to switch off the live weather is for not a solution to solve the problem.
I really hope that we find out what is the real problem so that someone can fix it.

thx
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Kurt,

from what I have learned this seems to be a fundamental issue deep inside MSFS. If I understand correctly, MSFS now correctly works like a real airplane in terms what it reports to the ATC client (pressure altitude) but breaks with backwards compatibility (behaviour of FSX, P3D, X-Plane, ... )

The developer of VATSIMs vPilot has written a report here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/vatsim-ivao-pilotedge-users-be-aware-of-an-important-bug/426142/363

So, this issue affects any pilot using MSFS. Whether MSFS is used stand-alone or hooked up to PSX does not matter.

But it doesn't look like there is any easy fix, see Ross' message in the Asobo forum for details.

Markus

kwieser76

Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

andrej

Quote from: kwieser76 on Tue, 11 Jan 2022 14:22
thx Markus... so we just have to wait  :'(

I am afraid that is all for now as this is quite a peculiar situation. But VATSIM for example (as an official partner of the MSFS) know about this issue.

I fly only through MSFS and via VATSIM and I always get advised from the ATC, that my reported altitude is different vs. planned. I inform ATC that I am connected via the MSFS and they understand. I did not have to log off yet.

Cheers,

Andrej

B747pilotusa

Hello everyone,

Quick question how I can sync the weather from PSX TO MSFS2020, everything  work between PSX-WIDEPSX-MSFS2020 but except the weather

I can setup the weather at PSX BUT it doesn't sync with MSF2020

I will really appreciate if someone can give me a guidance to do it

My best Regards

Jc

Dirk Schepmann

Hi Jc,

Unfortunately, this is not possible. In fact, it is not a limitation of WidePSX in this case, it is a limitation of MSFS 2020. The weather simulation of MSFS uses data from a global weather model and it is not even planned by Asobo to support weather Injektion by 3rd party apps.

But in general, there is an acceptable agreement between weather in PSX and MSFS if you use live weather in both sims.

Best regards,
Dirk