News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

dabok

Rgrds,

Edwin

GustavoLaPasta

Hello everyone, i have a question regarding online flying using VATSIM while flying with PSX747 connected to Fs2020 as scenery generator through WidePSX.

Which altimeter readout source would an online Air traffic Controller read by looking at our track on the radar? would that be the altimeter from Fs2020 or the altimeter from PSX?

because i have noticed that the two altimeters settings, the Fs2020 and PSX are not synchronized automatically.

Thanks for your help.

JP59

Hello,

VATSIM reads the Scenery Generator's altimeter value. The upcoming version 2.5.7 of WidePSX will come with an altimeter setting synchronization between PSX -> Scenery Generator (one way synchronization).

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

GustavoLaPasta

Quote from: JP59 on Mon, 15 Feb 2021 16:29
Hello,

VATSIM reads the Scenery Generator's altimeter value. The upcoming version 2.5.7 of WidePSX will come with an altimeter setting synchronization between PSX -> Scenery Generator (one way synchronization).

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

That's awesome thanks!

florismulock

I am very interested in this wide psx. Is it hard to install? I sended a private message to you earlier, but i gues your busy. Looking forward to your reply.

JP59

Hello,

I replied the 6th of March to your email. As I said in my email, your questions will be answered by using the free trial version of WidePSX and reading the user manual included. The 2.5.6 trial version can be downloaded here :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1spsvif71jz5wfx/WidePSX_TRIAL_2.5.6.zip?dl=1

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

GodAtum

Maybe a silly question, but how to I get WidePSX ground services to play nicely with GSX. Basically I need WidePSX to load ZFW, fuel and do the pushback. But GSX to do the passengers and luggage.

Maybe an option in WidePSX to disable the crew interaction steps?

funkyhut

I may not fully understand your issue as I don't have GSX in MSFS 2020 but in Wide PSX, bottom right of the GndServices tab is a selector to select Ready for pushback. I just fill in the blanks when ready to go and then start the module.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

asboyd

GSX can handle the same things as WidePSX in groundservices, however WidePSX does not have the connection to activate the tug, the fuel trucks, jetways etc which GSX does.
So being able to use GSX and WidePSX in combination with each other would be a nice to have. Maybe WidePSX could send codes to MSFS or P3D to activate the GSX menu commands.... I think there is a 3rd party sdk for GSX, maybe not....

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

beat578

Quote from: asboyd on Fri, 12 Mar 2021 02:12
GSX can handle the same things as WidePSX in groundservices, however WidePSX does not have the connection to activate the tug, the fuel trucks, jetways etc which GSX does.
So being able to use GSX and WidePSX in combination with each other would be a nice to have. Maybe WidePSX could send codes to MSFS or P3D to activate the GSX menu commands.... I think there is a 3rd party sdk for GSX, maybe not....

AlexB
I guess you mix something up here. GSX (level 1 and 2) is for P3D V4 and V5 only. There is no GSX for MSFS at the moment, all catering trucks, baggage loader and Pushback (and also the jetway) are MSFS Native. And the Problem is, that in some airports the Jetway will hed in front of the airplane (happens with Posky in LSZH for example) and yu don't know why. So at the moment, you only have tools like pushback helper or the payware pushback express to have little (very little) control over certain Ground service stuff. I guess it must be developed and implemented into SDK further before we see tools like GSX with passenger happen in MSFS.

But yes, it would be amazing to have that kind of connection to GSX like the FSdreamteam Airbus has, where your boarding actions steer GSX. out of PSX.

Wide PSX does push back PSX and you can see that in the MSFS window. We have to keep in mind, the idea behing WidePSX is to give Cockpit view, so you won't see the truck and catering and all that fancy stuff anyway (maby the jeway, but thats the only one). It would be hard to implement something like that, especially because you have different solutions on the market, doing the same thing. You can not build bridges to every add-on. But yes, i love that eyecandy stuff too it really would be amazing.

asboyd

GSX is about to be released for MSFS, they have already finished alpha testing... so maybe some time soon :)

Cheers,

GodAtum

Sorry I mean P3D. The problem is it clashes. So WidePSX does it's own baggage and passenger loading, while GSX does its own thing.

It'll be nice to have WidePSX ONLY do the fuel and pushback.

JP59

Hello all,

I fully understand your wishes but they are far beyond the aim of WidePSX. I do not plan to work on compatibility or interaction with GSX.

Kind regards,
Jean-Philippe

glubbfreund

Hi Jean-Philippe,

do you plan to sync anti ice, wipers and weather as soon as the MSFS SDK allows to do so?

Thanks in advance and greetings from a happy WidePSX user

JP59

Hello glubbfreund,

Yes, as soon as the SDK will allow to interface the MSFS -8 systems. However the weather interaction is not on my plans as it seems to be very far beyond my competence.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

Joe Corrigan

Just wondering if it will be possible to connect to PSX in an airborne configuration in a future update?

Cheers,

-Joe

beat578

Hi Joe

You can already load any SITU File in PSX, not matter if airborne or not. Wide PSX will only provide the scenery to the situation, it does not mind where you start or where you move your plane to. Just be aware that MSFS (or Prepar) nead some time to load the scenery after you jump to a new place.

The other way rount, it would never work. As said, PSX does SEND the location data to the scenery over WidePSX. You can synchronize the other way round, but it is intended as help to get your plane (and PSX) to the right place. it is not intended to bring PSX into the air. I don't want to end in a cold and dark cockpit in PSX some 10'000 feet above ground...

Once PSX and widePSX and your scenery Generator are connected, you can load any SITU you like.

Kind Regards
Beat

florismulock

I am very interested in this awesome scenery generator.  Could the maker of this generator give me a message how i can pay for the full version? 

Could you please send the information to sirolfmulock@hotmail.nl

asboyd

If you read the first paragraph of the initial post you will see that JP has mentioned sending a PM using the forum mail.

Cheers,
AlexB

Hardy Heinlin

Note for users that use the Aerowinx forum's email form:

1. Please check your spam folder. Some services think Aerowinx mails are spam.

2. Do not reply to "noreply@aerowix.com" mails. Use the address of the actual sender.