News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

GustavoLaPasta

Quote from: JP59 on Tue,  8 Dec 2020 07:47
Hello Gustavo,

This behavior is normal in some situations. The first thing to do is to wait. In some cases, the Scenery Generator can take up to one+ minute to settle, and load the full scenery. During this time you will see very odd things, like the aircraft below the ground, bouncing, etc... this is normal.

In some (rare) ground loading situations, the PSX aircraft keeps bouncing, and even (in very rare cases) crashes. The ONLY thing you have to do is to reload the PSX SITU. This will force WidePSX to reset the synchronization process and everything will come back to normal. For this purpose, the good habit is to always save the SITU (or load from a saved SITU) in PSX before to connect WidePSX.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

Thank you Jean,

i have done as you said but still i can't get the aircraft on the runway or apron at HECA unfortunately.
I have loaded the default cold and dark.situ > changed the aircraft location to HECA RW23L Takeoff tab (aircraft was perfectly aligned and standing on the runway) > saved again the situation by creating a new .situ file.

I then connected WidePSX and as expected the aircraft sinked below the ground and remained there.
After every parameter was stable i loaded my new. situ file and unfortunately again the aircraft started jumping and remained below the runway. :/

All other airports are perfectly ok, i can get WidePSX to work everywhere except at HECA for some reasons. Don't know what to do.
Thanks for your help
Rgds

Gustavo

JP59

Hello Gustavo,

Please send me the SITU file by email. Which Scenery Generator are you using ? Is HECA default or add-on scenery ?

Regards
Jean-Philippe

GustavoLaPasta

Thanks,

just sent it now, should be in your inbox.
I'm using FS2020 default scenery for HECA with POSKY747 model.
Thanks

Regards

GodAtum

I had an issue with HECA in MSFS2020 when landing. Looked like there was an elevation mismatch.

JP59

Hello GodAtum,

May you precise if it was with MSFS « alone » or using WidePSX ? I also suspect an elevation mismatch in MSFS for this particular airport. Anyway, WidePSX injects the Scenery Generator's elevation to PSX. So if the elevation is wrong in MSFS, it will cause this kind of behavior. I will run a test at HECA ASAP, with some debug outputs to monitor the local elevation given by MSFS and see if it's coherent. I will post my results here.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

GustavoLaPasta

Quote from: GodAtum on Wed,  9 Dec 2020 16:35
I had an issue with HECA in MSFS2020 when landing. Looked like there was an elevation mismatch.

ahhhh, now i understand. It would make perfectly sense because WidePSX works fine at all other airports, except Heca.

Thanks a lot

asboyd

I have an 80mm thermal printer (ex POS) attached to my PC. It is configured as Generic Text and set as default printer.
When I enable the printer in Wide PSX and try to print and ATIS message from the ACARS CDU. I get a lot of line feeds but no text. Is it possible to change the format of the print output?

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

JP59

Hello Alex,

I don't know what you mean by format ? Did you try to manually set the line feeds in the boxes of the Printer Tab ? Did you try to tweak the options in your printer's driver settings ? I also suggest you to try with a « standard » printer just to confirm if the issue comes from the printer. Let me know your results.

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

bakki

Merry Christmas all,   

Hi JP,

Off topic. - Is the WidePSX Program still able to be purchased??
Tried to use the internal mail system, but no responds.. know all are busy at this strange time:) 

Hope all er well, be safe!

Regards Kim / Denmark 

Petri

Merry Christmas to you all,

I too would like to know if WidePSX is still available for purchase. I have tried to contact JP twice with no response.

Best regards,

Petri

cavaricooper

Are you using the forum contact form?

C

PS- JP please modify your quote to remove the unintended address.

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

JP59

Hello,

Sorry but for an unknown reason all the PSX forum emails are falling in my spam. I answered to all the requests and will check my spams regularly.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

Petri

Thank you Jean-Philippe! Payment sent already.

Best regards,
Petri

GodAtum

Hi JP,

When MSFS crashes, WidePSX forces me to close and reopen itself. Then that resets the ground services, meaning when I land, I don't get any. Maybe add a ground service state as landed/parking?

JP59

Hello GodAtum,

I think when you start the ground services module while in flight, it automatically switches to the arrival mode. Did you gave it a try ? You can set any value in the boxes (ZFW,...) as they are irrelevant for the arrival process. Just fill the required boxes to make WidePSX happy and allowing you to press the « Start Module » button in flight.

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

GodAtum

Quote from: JP59 on Thu, 31 Dec 2020 07:08
Hello GodAtum,

I think when you start the ground services module while in flight, it automatically switches to the arrival mode. Did you gave it a try ? You can set any value in the boxes (ZFW,...) as they are irrelevant for the arrival process. Just fill the required boxes to make WidePSX happy and allowing you to press the « Start Module » button in flight.

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

Ah OK, I'll try that thanks.

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,
I have set IP and port numbers in the sim connect xml and in WidePsx the same, connected to  main and boost server, but can not connect to simconnect.xml, on port 29747.
Do I need to change this port number?
Or is there something else I need to look at?
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Ivo de Colfmaker

A day at this forum is a day learned!

dabok

Hi all,

Is the any setting to make in MSFS2020 or WidePSX for wx injection into MSFS2020 from WidePSX? Most of the time I fly with real weather so I set this in both programs. And this works fine. But when I change wx in PSX to something else nothing happens in MSFS. Am I doing something wrong here? Not using the aloftWX tab, btw. I just connect both sims, and start the scenery generator. Also using the transponder tab.
Rgrds,

Edwin

JP59

Hello Edwin,

There is actually no way to send the PSX weather to MSFS. About the reverse, you can only inject "invisible" weather from MSFS, or an external winds aloft generator like Active Sky to PSX using the AloftWx module. See the WidePSX user manual for details. By using the real live weather in both MSFS, Flight Planning tool and PSX, you can get an accurate result, sufficient for a realistic flight.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe