News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

JP59

Hello,

WidePSX update 2.5.5 is now available. Registered users received an email with a download link. Below is the link to download the new free trial version (25 minutes limited). See the RevisionHistory.txt file included to see the update release notes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0t37cuq2o5ma6p/WidePSX_TRIAL_2.5.5.zip?dl=1

Cheers,
Jean-philippe

JP59

Hello,

WidePSX version 2.5.6 update is available. Registered users received an email with the download link. The new trial version is available here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/1spsvif71jz5wfx/WidePSX_TRIAL_2.5.6.zip?dl=1

Release notes :

v.2.5.6/001 When using MSFS, the engine 1 starter is forced indefinitely ON by MSFS after loading the aircraft on a runway, leading to engine 1 synchronization issues when connecting the Scenery Generator Bridge. To prevent issues, the 4 starters status are now only updated prior the Scenery Generator Bridge connection, for the algorithm to know the INITIAL status of the starters only.

v.2.5.6/002 Default aircraft height when using MSFS changed to 13.0

v.2.5.6/003 Update 2.5.5/004 Modified : New checkbox "Send True TAS to VATSIM" added in the TrafficRadioXPNDR Tab. When using MSFS and this checkbox is selected, WidePSX will send the true TAS to the Scenery Generator, and by consequence to VATSIM instead of a fixed zero TAS. It will enable the wing flex on equipped flight models which can lead to wing tips lights wrong positioning during flight when using some flight models

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

SIMU-3G7

Hi

Thanks,
Jean-philippe version WidePsx2.5.6 is sending the correct speed on Vatsim :-)

Best Regards
Enjoy your Week-End

Gilles
Up There With The Best Of The Best...

andrej

Dear Jean-philippe,
I send you an email via Aerowinx forum this morning. Looking forward to your reply. :)

Best!
Andrej

andrej

Please delete. Thanks!
Andrej

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Andrej,

I added a code to your posting to limit the visible display of the image to 500 pixels, so you can now upgrade your image to (much) bigger than that. Re-upload the image, and use the <Modify> button to update the link if you need to. The letters are not readable at this moment.

Hoppie

PS. Don't fly to Miami now. We have Eta coming in and there's still a lot of covid around.

andrej

Dear Jeroen,
thanks for your message. I am happy to say, that after re-starting vPilot and WidePSX, I am able to get the voice again. Frankly, I have no idea what caused the error, and how it was fixed.

I am bringing you some fresh beer, wine, and Schweinshaxe in the cargo hold. :)

Cheers,
Andrej

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Let's meet at the Miami Air hangar on the North side. I know people there.    :-D

Hoppie

asboyd

Can we use the new widePSX 747 models with P3DV5?
I no longer have the original files that JP posted some time ago...

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

JP59

Hello Alex,

The recently converted models for MSFS are not « WidePSX » models. This conversion project is totally independent of WidePSX. WidePSX can be used with any flight model, not only the POSKY, even if it is the most popular. For this purpose there is a Height Reference setting box in the Scenery Generator Tab you can adjust to fit the model you are using.

The original POSKY model is available in several liveries at this archive website : http://web.archive.org/web/20140625120530/http://poskyarchive.com/

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

JohnH

I am just trying WidePSX v2.5.6 with FS2020 v1.10.11.0 (released today Nov 10, 2020) and everything seems to be working ok. I am using the 'cargolux' livery.

John

Dennis B

I can also confirm that WidePSX 2.5.6 is working great with the latest MSFS2020 and latest PSX (10.129).

dvflight1974

Finally found out how to modify our 747 Textures and make them nice and shiny :-)

JP59

Hello,

Just one word : Woww ! Congratulations for this discovery. Are you planing to share it with the community ? I really hope ! I want the same in my Hangar  ;D

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

dvflight1974

Hello JP!

Absolutely will I'll make a Youtube video showing folks! Is there a link in the forum to where I can find all those liveries that have been make so far by the community? If so share them here and I'll convert them all and reupload together with a video of how it's done

funkyhut

@dvflight1974
Well done. That really looks incredible and thanks for offering to share the process.
You can download from here.
http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=6128.0
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

GustavoLaPasta

Hi everyone, i've got an issue with widePSX.
I read the WidePSX manual but i can't come up with a solution.

As the manual says, WidePSX synchronization can make PSX simulator nervous and indeed in my PSX it causes several aircraft bouncing, the FO saying "60kts" frequently and aircraft sinking below the ground.

Today i was on stand at HECA in FS2020, i did connect connect WidePSX with PSX as slave and my parked PSX aircraft kept bouncing above and below the ground for 10sec and eventually settled stationary 400 ft lower than airport elevation.
If i reposition PSX using the instruction station on RWY23L i can clearly see the runway lights above me in PSX while my FS2020 posky747 is standing normally on the runway.
I tried to load a different .situ file, i tried to disconnect and reconnect the main and boost server but no matter what i do, i keep having my PSX aircraft below the ground in Cairo (HECA).
(WidePSX startup synchronization with PSX in other airports is successful).

if i reposition PSX with WidePSX disconnected everything is normal in PSX.
I don't know if i am doing something wrong.
Thanks for your help

JP59

Hello Gustavo,

This behavior is normal in some situations. The first thing to do is to wait. In some cases, the Scenery Generator can take up to one+ minute to settle, and load the full scenery. During this time you will see very odd things, like the aircraft below the ground, bouncing, etc... this is normal.

In some (rare) ground loading situations, the PSX aircraft keeps bouncing, and even (in very rare cases) crashes. The ONLY thing you have to do is to reload the PSX SITU. This will force WidePSX to reset the synchronization process and everything will come back to normal. For this purpose, the good habit is to always save the SITU (or load from a saved SITU) in PSX before to connect WidePSX.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe