News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

dvflight1974

Yes Done all of that all green :-) Still wont do anything inside MSFS

JohnH

what is it you are expecting to see?

with one PC you need to spilit the screen with MSFS2020 on the top half and PSX on the lower half?

John

dvflight1974

It's exactly what I am doing. If I'm in PSX and standing at a gate at eg. EHAM I'm expecting to see my aircraft Mstanding at the gate in MSFS but it's not doing that I have my screen split into the appropriate halves. My aircraft in MSFS does not move to the location designated by PSX, it remains on a runway which I loaded up at

JohnH

In PSX instructor page, network, do you have bothe Main and Boost set to Start?

John

dvflight1974

yes I do although main is running all it says at the moment is "started listening for clients"

Boost shows: "Client Accepted"

JohnH

With PSX if open 'instructor' preferences, what does 'this client connects to' say either 127.0.0.1 or localhost. Whatever it says it what you should enter in simconnect.xml for IP address?

John

dvflight1974

Configured to exactly what it's telling me. It certainly changes out the time in MSFS but it's simply not putting the aircraft and the location (Situ) as per PSX's location

funkyhut

Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

JP59

Please send me by private email :

- Screenshot of WidePSX Network Tab
- Screenshot of the PSX Preferences / Basic Tab
- SimConnect.xml file

Regards
Jean-Philippe

lentik

I tried WidePSX and after it is connected it is very smooth ... thank you for that plugin and your work, please keep it up :).
But, what i see at the moment is, i can fly and all is working fine, but after ca. 20 minutes MSFS 2020 crashed (Steam version) without any error window or something like that.
You guys experienced the same issue?

JP59

Hello,

This is one of the million known bugs of MSFS. This game is an open payware Beta who don't say its name  :(

Nothing related with WidePSX. My last flight I had a freezing crash with the TBM on final after 2 hours of flight. So frustrating >:(

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

lentik

Ok thank you for sharing your experience ... so we will wait for a final release of MSFS 2020, which will be hopefully more usable.

Sebastian

Britjet

Just FYI..
I have done many flights with MSFS and wide PSX, using the default 747 and repaints, as well as many hours with other default types just moving about getting screen shots etc.
I haven't had a single CTD. Strange that others are having these problems.
Peter

lentik

So maybe its just a matter of configuration ... or, also possible, just different hardware which has different stability atm.

JP59

I can't complain also. Some people have CTDs every 10 minutes or less. Some can't even play the game. The FS forum is full of very angry posts. This early release is a big mess. I can sometimes play for many hours and days without any crash, and get one without knowing why. This is what is the most frustrating.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

Quote from: Britjet on Fri, 16 Oct 2020 10:18
Just FYI..
I have done many flights with MSFS and wide PSX, using the default 747 and repaints, as well as many hours with other default types just moving about getting screen shots etc.
I haven't had a single CTD. Strange that others are having these problems.
Peter

pacwest18

Hello. I'm experiencing what seems like a cap on the vertical speed that is sent from PSX to MSFS 2020 when running WidePSX. For example, when taking off in PSX under a light load, my PSX climb rate can be around 4000 feet per minute, however MSFS shows the aircraft climbing at something closer to 1000-2000 fpm (even though the vertical speed gauge shows a higher value).

I realize that the gauges in MSFS probably can't be trusted given how data is fed to MSFS from PSX, but even visually, it appears that the aircraft is climbing at a much slower rate than indicated within PSX. This means that PSX reaches a stable cruising altitude many minutes before MSFS shows the aircraft leveling off at the same altitude.

On the other hand, descending from cruise seems to work fine, although the vertical speeds involved are much smaller in magnitude so maybe this issue only arises under more extreme situations? Curious if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

Kind regards all.

JP59

Hello,

First you can't trust the MSFS gauges. As you said they are showing wrong values because the aircraft is totally controlled by WidePSX. The MSFS aircraft is a dummy aircraft.

Which version of WidePSX are you using ? You are describing exactly the issue I identified and fixed with version 2.5.1 release. Since this version there is no vertical speed damping during takeoff, except when using the legacy WidePSX 2.0 Scenery Generator Bridge.

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

funkyhut

Lens Correction
Not sure if this is helpful but I saw on the MSFS forum that turning on Lens Correction addresses the zoom fish eye effect. I've tried it and I think it does make a difference.
Thanks.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

pacwest18

Quote from: JP59 on Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:49
Hello,

First you can't trust the MSFS gauges. As you said they are showing wrong values because the aircraft is totally controlled by WidePSX. The MSFS aircraft is a dummy aircraft.

Which version of WidePSX are you using ? You are describing exactly the issue I identified and fixed with version 2.5.1 release. Since this version there is no vertical speed damping during takeoff, except when using the legacy WidePSX 2.0 Scenery Generator Bridge.

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

Hello J-P.  I am using version 2.5.2.

Best,
Stacius

JP59

I will try to reproduce what you described, but...

Quote from: pacwest18 on Sun, 18 Oct 2020 10:32
This means that PSX reaches a stable cruising altitude many minutes before MSFS shows the aircraft leveling off at the same altitude.

...how can you see that the MSFS aircraft has reached its cruise altitude without looking its instruments ? The attitude is synchronized with PSX so when PSX is leveling off, the MSFS aircraft's attitude is the same. There is something I don't understand with your conclusion. Is it just a "feeling" ? If not, what are the reliable values you are using to conclude that PSX has leveled-off before MSFS ? MSFS instruments are not reliable while using WidePSX.

- At which level-off altitude did you notice what you described ?
- Can you confirm you have "MSFS" selected as Scenery Generator in the Network Tab ?

Regards,
Jean-Philippe