News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

JohnH

If you are running both PSX and FS2020 on the same PC with 1 screen, you need to create a PSX 1/2 screen layout, on the lower 1/2 of the screen. Then run FS2020 in windows mode on the upper 1/2 of the screen. Is this what you are doing?

John

JP59

Hello,

Did you start the Scenery Generator Bridge ? Connecting the 3 servers from the Network Tab is not enough, you also need to start the Sceenry Generator Bridge. There is a Start button in the Scenery Generator Tab.

Quote from: airlinejets on Sun, 11 Oct 2020 19:10
John, it did not work. I get all the green connections, simconnect, PSX main and boost are working but I get no visuals.

Best regards
Jean-Philippe

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: airlinejets on Sun, 11 Oct 2020 19:10
... I get no visuals.

Just in case you expect any MSFS visuals to appear inside PSX: This won't happen. The idea is to use the MSFS frame as a windshield, and you just place that MSFS windshield wherever you want within your monitor arrangement.

Regards,

|-|ardy

airlinejets

Thank you John, Jean-Philippe and Hardy. I got it working. I guess I was expecting the visuals to appear in PSX and that's not the way it works. I'm anxious to get a flight going now.

Another small ting, is there any way to keep the MSFS window from closing when I click in the PSX screen?

Again thank you,

Michel

JohnH

If you send me an email I can send you a PSX layout that occupied the lower half of the screen. Then you run FS2020 in windows mode and resize it for the top half.

John

airlinejets

Quote from: JohnH on Sun, 11 Oct 2020 23:39
If you send me an email I can send you a PSX layout that occupied the lower half of the screen. Then you run FS2020 in windows mode and resize it for the top half.

John

I've sent you an email John.

thank you,

Michel

JohnH

Quote from: airlinejets on Mon, 12 Oct 2020 00:05
Quote from: JohnH on Sun, 11 Oct 2020 23:39

John

I've sent you an email John.

thank you,

Michel

I have sent you my modified 1/2 screen layout file, John

pacwest18

Verified that the PSX "time jump to" feature is supported by WidePSX. Skipping ahead to various waypoints both repositions the MSFS aircraft and updates the MSFS world time as well.

JP59

Hello,

WidePSX version 2.5.2 is available. Registered users received an email with a link to download the update. The new free trial version can be downloaded here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/a501gfh75cjatk7/WidePSX_TRIAL_2.5.2.zip?dl=1

What's new in version 2.5.2 :

- Graphical user interface reworked. Some buttons and checkboxes have been removed due to redundancy. The Graphical User interface is now refreshed automatically with the corresponding layout according with the settings, without application restart necessary.
- AloftWx module : Static or Dynamic mode are now selected by the user with two radio-buttons, no more automatically
- TrafficRadioXPNDR module is now automatically started with the Scenery Generator module
- To avoid confusions Boost server port is now automatically set to 10749 and displayed in light grey in the Network Tab
- Some minor bugs fixed
- As many radio-buttons or checkboxes as possible can now be modified even during the application work, without restart necessary. Only critical items requires a restart due to technical reasons
- A new user manual is available and included with all the packages

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

JohnH

I just updated to v2.5.2 and have it working now but did have a problem.

I am running a 2 PC networked setup, PC1 is PSX, PC2 is MSFS v1.9.5.0
I had previously modified the simconnect.xml so didn't make any changes to that file.

When I started v2.5.2 PSX Boost Port defaulted to 10747 which was greyed out and didn't connect.
When I changed it to 10749 everything works as expected.

Thanks very much for the new update!

John

JP59

Hello John,

I checked the code. Value is well set to 10749 by default, displayed in light grey. The only reason why you can get 10747 is if you have this wrong value previously saved (when exit the application). For all new users starting with a "fresh" configuration file, the value will also be set to 10749 automatically.

textPsxBoostPort.setText("10749"); // 2.5.2/003 (Added)
textPsxBoostPort.setText(FileSettingConfig.getPsxBoostPort());
if(textPsxBoostPort.getText().equals("")) // 2.5.2/003 (Block added)
textPsxBoostPort.setText("10749");

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

airlinejets

Quote from: JP59 on Wed, 14 Oct 2020 17:55
Hello,

WidePSX version 2.5.2 is available. Registered users received an email with a link to download the update.

I have not received this email.

Michel

JP59

I send emails to the address you used for the PayPal payment as it is the only address I can get a record. Please contact me by email and tell me which address you used for the PayPal. I will update your email in my list and send you the update.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

airlinejets

Quote from: JP59 on Thu, 15 Oct 2020 19:18
I send emails to the address you used for the PayPal payment as it is the only address I can get a record. Please contact me by email and tell me which address you used for the PayPal. I will update your email in my list and send you the update.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

Email sent, thank you.

Michel

dvflight1974

Hello guys!

I'm very new to Aerowinx PSX and done a few flights successfully! Loving it! Now I'm really battling to get PSX connected to MSFS - Ive downloaded WidePSX 2.5.2 trial and got all the "connected" greens showing up in Widepsx but nothing happens! Ive got MSFS loaded up with the 747 at eg EHAM on the runway. Ive got PSX loaded up and paused in a situ. Gone to the network settings to check that boost network is running which it is, and network set to main server and started (Client accepted) When I change the scenario in PSX absolutely nothing happens in MSFS. At this point I'll be willing to give someone a few dollars to connect up on skype and help me out with what I might be doing wrong!

JohnH

On the 'Network' tab did you select the MSFS radial button?

On the WidePSX screen are you also selecting the 'SceneryGen Bridge' tab are you also selecting 'Start Scenery Generator Bridge' ?

John

dvflight1974

Yes done all of that and shows green. Before going to WideFSX 2.5.2 is was on v2.5.1 same thing happened except that in that version when I changed situ's I saw the times change in the sim but the aircraft would not change location! It's an odd one and a little frustrating lol - Like I said I'm willing to connect up with someone who can help me over e.g Skype and I can share my desktop

JohnH

what is your setup? all on one PC, or using two PC's

John

dvflight1974

Got it all on one PC I use the 127.0.0.1 ip as I dont have a network card - just a wifi card that connects to my router - The wireless card had and ip but inputting that into the fields of WidePSX doesnt connect

JohnH

check this for one PC setup

Edit your Simconnect.xml by adding this section, see manual for more info,

<SimConnect.Comm>
        <Descr>Static IP4 port</Descr>
        <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
        <Scope>127.0.0.1</Scope>
        <Port>29747</Port>
        <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
        <MaxRecvSize>41088</MaxRecvSize>
    </SimConnect.Comm>

Run the WidePsx.jar file, you will then see the Network connection screen

Enter the following,

PSX host IP - 127.0.0.1
PSX boost - 127.0.0.1

PSX host port - 10747
PSX boost port - 10749

SimConnect host IP - 127.0.0.1
SimConnect host port - 29747

click - enable SimConnect bridge

click - connect

If all goes well you should get 3 green lights beside PSX main, PSX boost, SimConnect.

At the top tabs select - SceneryGen bridge

click - Enable scenery generated bridge

click - Start scenery genetator bridge,

John