News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

GodAtum

That's fantastic J-Philippe  ;D

But bad news. Simconnect is blocked from running over a network at the moment, so any WidePSX instances running on other PCs will not connect to the MSFS PC. Hopefully they will fix it in a patch.

Maybe using WideFS might be a workaround, but I don't have a license.

cavaricooper

Yes, both Navigraph and Little NavMap need executed programs to function on a remote machine. For that matter even FSUIPC is now an EXTERNAL program. This Sim is different in many ways..l

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Fudge

QuoteWow you only using 1 PC and 3 projectors?
Yes, but they are 'only' 1080P Projectors, so still less resolution than a single 4k monitor. Frame rate is around 40FPS in the sim with a few tweaks.

QuoteFudge,

I like your pic. I take it that is MSFS? It looks like it.
If so, how have you managed to get the wrap-round view?
It looks amazing. At the moment I have a 3-screen projector setup but I'm only using the Centre projector as MSFS doesn't do different view windows?
Peter

Yes it was the new msfs. Use Nvidia Surround view and Fly Elise Immersive display ultimate to wrap the projectors. Can't set different views currently so it is not an exact science. Screen is around 150 degrees, which is easier to fudge than 180! Do get that fisheye effect and odd bits on the edges. Msfs sees the projectors as one large screen nearly 6000 pixels wide. Zoom in and out to achieve something close.

JP59

Hello,

Quote from: GodAtum on Thu, 24 Sep 2020 10:19
That's fantastic J-Philippe  ;D

But bad news. Simconnect is blocked from running over a network at the moment, so any WidePSX instances running on other PCs will not connect to the MSFS PC. Hopefully they will fix it in a patch.

Maybe using WideFS might be a workaround, but I don't have a license.

There is maybe a workaround, unfortunately I am still away from home to test. If anybody wants to give a try and report, follow the instructions below :

Please close MSFS if already running, and open your SimConnect.xml file. This file is by default located at : C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache. If you added a previous block for WidePSX, remove it. After removing, please do the following :

Insert the following, substituting the server IP address and port number you want to use on your server, right after the <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename> statement:

<SimConnect.Comm>
<Descr>Global IP Port</Descr>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>192.168.1.10</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>29747</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>True</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>

Then save the file, run MSFS and WidePSX on a networked computer and see what happens ;-)

If it doesn't work, just remove the block you added above.

Cheers,
J-Philippe

GodAtum

Thanks, when you say server IP, do you mean the MSFS PC?

JP59

Yes. Set your MSFS PC's IP between <Address> and Port between <Port> then set the same values in WidePSX Network Tab (SimConnect IP/Port). Please first try with a single instance. First things first ;-)

GodAtum

Great that works. Running MSFS on 1 PC, and WidePSX on another.

Will now try with another MSFS PC.

BTW, with Steam, I used a Gmail alias to register a new account (email@googlemail.com instead of email@gmail.com).

JP59

That's a very good new ! Thanks for the testing and feedback.

Cheers,
Jean-Philippe

GodAtum

Unfortunately hardy's tip does not work. WidePSX connects to port 10755, I then load the next pref file for the boost server and try to re-connect to 10756, but it fails. Then load the 1st pref file with 10755, but WidePSX fails to connect.

JP59

Do you run 3 WidePSX instances from 3 separate folders ?

GodAtum

No just testing with opening and closing a single WidePSX an changing the port.

JP59

Did you close WidePSX and restart before attempting to connect to a different Boost ? Edit : you seem to say this in your previous post. If yes, you need to wait for Hardy to have a look at this.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

GodAtum

Yes, I'll wait for Hardy's help. BTW, does running separate boost servers count towards the 4 licenses?

Hardy Heinlin

Sorry, I can't help. I have no MSFS and no add-ons whatsoever.

GodAtum

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu, 24 Sep 2020 22:27
Sorry, I can't help. I have no MSFS and no add-ons whatsoever.

Please could you help with running multiple boost servers on the same PC? Does running separate boost servers count towards the 4 licenses?

1/ Start AerowinxNetStar.jar
2/ Load boost1.pref with port 10755
3/ Start AerowinxNetStar.jar again
4/ Load boost2.pref with port 10756

10755 connects, but 10756 does not.

Hardy Heinlin

The Aerowinx license allows you to run up to 4 PSX copies within a local flightdeck mockup at the same time, regardless of the number of computers or boost servers.

As for the usage of AerowinxNetStar.jar:

It makes no sense to start AerowinxNetStar.jar multiple times. It's designed to avoid exactly that.

You click AerowinxNetStar.jar, and that click will start multiple PSX instances.

What each PSX instance will do is defined by each instance's pref file.

A pref file stores the information displayed on the Preferences pages (Basics, Screen, Audio, USB). Plus some hidden variables that you can change with a text editor.

On the Basics page you can determine whether this instance will automatically start a boost server, for example.

|-|ardy

Sorry, I don't know why your add-on can connect to 10755 but not to 10756.

GodAtum

Thanks, looking at the manual i need to also configure AerowinxNetStart.ini with:

QuotePSXBoost01.pref
PSXBoost02.pref
PSXBoost03.pref

So works well now.

JP59

Hello,

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu, 24 Sep 2020 22:46
Sorry, I don't know why your add-on can connect to 10755 but not to 10756.

I swear 10756 port is not blacklisted by WidePSX  :D

Cheers,
Jean-Philippe

Hardy Heinlin

GodAtum, you can test your pref file management like this:

On the Basics page, as we know, the boost server's port number is not displayed, but the port numbers of the main server and the main router are shown: Under "Main network" by the two checkboxes (•) 10747 and (•) 10748

When you create a pref file that has this setting ...

Port10747=10999

... and you load this pref file in PSX while PSX is running, the first checkbox will look like this:

(•) 10999

This is just a test so that you know whether you're using and editing the correct pref file. If this principle works for you, this principle will also work when you edit and load the port number for the booster, the only difference being the booster's port number is not displayed on the Basics page. But PSX loads the edited port number nevertheless.

|-|