News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

Christian Wiegand

It seems as if I happen to miss the simconnect.xml file. The path that JP744 mentions is not existent for me. I have the steam edition of MSFS2020. Any help? Thx

edit: typo

JohnH

just go to win 10 file explorer, click on your drive where you installed FS2020, and do a search for simconnect.xml

John

Christian Wiegand

I did that but is it possible, I do not have this file at all? I searched the whole computer but it does not show up. Hidden files and folders are set to visible.

How can I add a screenshot of my

C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Packages\...

?

JohnH

not sure but in FS2020 try going to options, general, developers, and set it to 'on'

then when you go back into the sim you will see a menu bar at the top of the screen, click 'help' SDK installer, save the file then install same? I installed it in the 'community' folder.

John

pilotngb

Quote from: Christian Wiegand on Thu,  3 Sep 2020 18:58
I did that but is it possible, I do not have this file at all? I searched the whole computer but it does not show up. Hidden files and folders are set to visible.

?

Under \Packages\ there should be a folder called Microsoft.FlightSimulator_xxxxxxxxxxx and then within that click on LocalCache to find your simconnect.xml file.

JP59

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.

Quote from: JohnH on Thu,  3 Sep 2020 18:44
If you start the FS2020 747-800 at a gate the engines will be off, you can still connect however you will not be able to retract the flaps or landing gear unless you start the engines

I repeat, outside visuals are not what WidePSX was designed for...

Quote from: JohnH on Thu,  3 Sep 2020 18:44
Traffic Xpndr says 'closest aircraft 400nm', however I do not get any indication on the PSX pfd with TFC selected

Do you see a list of aircrafts on the WidePSX traffic tab ? If not, it is normal you don't see anything on the ND. However if you see an airplane in MSFS and it doesn't appear in the WidePSX Traffic Tab, this is an issue. Please clarify.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

JohnH

It doesn't seem to matter cockpit or outside view, if you start at a gate the engines are off. You can still control the aircraft with PSX, taxi and takeoff but you cannot retract the flaps of gear.

Will give the traffic another try.

John

Tércio Sampaio

Hi Jean-Philippe,

yesterday I sent you an email message through this forum about some questions about your WidePSX including infos to buying it. You received that message?

Thank You!

JP59

Hello,

Quote from: JohnH on Thu,  3 Sep 2020 21:28
It doesn't seem to matter cockpit or outside view, if you start at a gate the engines are off. You can still control the aircraft with PSX, taxi and takeoff but you cannot retract the flaps of gear.

Will give the traffic another try.

John

One last time, the MSFS exterior visual stuff simulation (engines, gear, controls, lights (except landing lights) are not synchronized by WidePSX. WidePSX is a WINDSHIELD VIEW add-on.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

JP59

Hello,

Quote from: Tércio Sampaio on Fri,  4 Sep 2020 04:21
Hi Jean-Philippe,

yesterday I sent you an email message through this forum about some questions about your WidePSX including infos to buying it. You received that message?

Thank You!

No. I checked my email address in my forum profile and it is OK. Please send to ptorne78@gmail.com directly.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I'm getting lots of "Mail delivery failed" messages from the forum notification system these days. The forum cannot deliver any mails to the address you set in your forum profile.

"Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.2.0 Mail rejete. Mail rejected. ofr_506 [506]"

I don't know what this means. Maybe your system suspects spam or something.

Regards,

|-|ardy (forum admin)

JP59

Hello Hardy,

Thank you for the information. Nothing abnormal at my side at the first sight. I changed my address on my forum profile page to the below address to be on the safe side.

To all, please contact me directly at : ptorne78@gmail.com

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

CHEDHKG

Bonjour Jean-Philippe et al.

I have also been  trying WidePSX (mind though the trial version only) and encountered some issues.

Here is my setup and modus operandi (following Jean-Philippe's post above):

In MSFS & PSX:
1/ Start MSFS and position the 747 in VHHH for example
2/ Start PSX with some random situation (ready for take off in YSSY for example)

In WidePSX:
0/ Fire up WidePSX and establish the connections (PSX is on one computer, MSFS & WidePSX are on another one)
1/ The connection to PSX main and boost seem ok (Green connected message)
2/ The connection to SimConnect seems ok (Green connected message)

Now, when I start the scenery generator, the tab "SceneryGen Bridge) lights up in green, which seems to indicate that it is connected, but this instantly freezes MSFS which becomes totally unresponsive and the MSFS view stays in VHHH

However, when I quit WidePSX, it unfreezes MSFS and positions the aircraft where it should be, in YSSY.

The above seems to indicate that there is some communication between PSX + WidePSX + MSFS but not how it should be.

If anyone has encountered that problem, or has a hint on how to solve it.....

JP59

Hello,

You seem to have a connection ok, but I never saw this issue during my testings. My first ideas :

- did you desactivate crash detection in MSFS ?
- do you have any other SimConnect add-on connected to MSFS which could be in conflict with WidePSX ?
- did you try several times, from « fresh » MSFS at other MSFS initial locations and/or with other PSX SITU (try to load PSX airborne SITU also) ?

The initialization process can take a while before MSFS to « satabilize » (sometimes up to 30 seconds depending on your system performance). During this time MSFS is doing very odd things (aircraft jerking and scenery going up and down,...)

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

CHEDHKG

Merci Jean-Philippe,

But indeed, I tried all what you suggested but invariably, as soon as I hit the "Start scenery generator bridge" it freezes MSFS (which can be confirmed by the FPS freezing in developper mode)

All unfreezes as soon as I quit WidePSX and the plane gets where it should be (but then of course, as WidePSX is off, nothing gets uopdated anymore)

-Stephan

GodAtum

?

On Steam, my simconnect.xml file is in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\

JP59

Stephan,

It can be a lot of things unfortunately. Just an idea : did you use WidePSX with FSX/P3D before ? If yes, please remove the runways.csv file in the WidePSX folder. This file is no longer necessary with MSFS and may lead to issues (just an idea, not tested yet).

If still problem, please send me your SimConnect.xml file to ptorne78@gmail.com

Regards,
Jean-Philippe

foolen

Hi all,

I think I've followed the instructions posted above but I cannot get FS2020 to react and follow PSX. I have placed the airplanes at similar locations and WidePSX seems happy (except for offset) but still no go. Any suggestions, perhaps I'm missing some really obvious step that's not even in the instructions?

Not sure if this is required but I've also installed the SDK, do I need to do something to start Simconnect other than inserting the lines in the xml-file?

Br,
Andreas

JP59

Hello Andreas,

Please check carefully on the WidePSX Network Tab, if PSX Boost Port is well set to 10749 as it is a common error which can lead to this kind of behavior.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

Christian Wiegand

Quote from: GodAtum on Fri,  4 Sep 2020 08:45

?

On Steam, my simconnect.xml file is in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\

thank you, found. strange that I didn't find it using the search function.