News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

GodAtum

Quote from: brian747 on Wed,  2 Jan 2019 20:38
QuoteQuote from: GodAtum on Wed,  2 Jan 2019 15:15
   A question about speeds. It looks like simconnect is reporting odd speeds (GS of 319 and IAS of 156, when actually in PSX it's GS of 577 and IAS of 330.

"This is normal."

Normal? Hmm....

I vly for a Virtual Airline, whose monitoring software connects to the scenery generator, not to PSX. Does this mean that if I use WidePSX then my VA would receive reports of "odd speeds" and not the actual (PSX) GS/IAS?

Cheers,

Brian

That is why I asked. Unfortunately the speeds reported to most VA software, Vatsim, IVAO etc are incorrect.

JP59

Hi Brian,

This is « normal » for WidePSX. If your VA takes values from P3D they will be wrong.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

brian747

Hi Jean-philippe,

QuoteIf your VA takes values from P3D they will be wrong.

:(    Unfortunately, I believe that's how *all* VAs do it: at least, I have yet to hear of one who can obtain these values directly from PSX. I've been with my existing VA for too long to change now, in any case.

Thank you for your reply (and thank you, GodAtum, for your confirmation),

Kind regards,

Brian

(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

GodAtum

Hi Jean-philippe,

On pushback, I respond the "start engine 4". The next call is the engineer saying set parking brakes. Am i missing the calls to start other engines?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: JP744 on Wed,  2 Jan 2019 18:26
The common error is to forget the very last message when you finished starting engine 1. You must say to the ground engineer he is cleared to disconnect and leave. He will confirm and « Arrival phase standing by... » will be displayed in WidePSX. If you forget this last step you get what you described with the EXT PRW flashing. After some flights using the module you will get used with the sequence.

I've implemented quite some of these "wait for event X to happen to advance the state machine" things, in both sim and real aircraft avionics. It's guaranteed to become a mess if the system can't resynchronize itself using events that "can only mean that the state machine missed a few steps". Like, if your ground speed exceeds 1 knot, you most definitely are no longer connected to power. And if your weight on wheels goes AIR MODE, you most definitely are no longer in Departure Mode (and actually not in Arrival Mode, either).

For the real-world OOOI logic I managed even to create a completely stateless system. It looks at a bunch of sensors (wheels, beacon, parking brakes, engine oil pressure, flaps, doors, ...) and instantly determines where in the sequence it is, without needing any memory of where it came from. Extremely useful when your box restarts in mid flight, somebody f***s up the power transfer, or somebody pulls a C/B because they wrongly think it will solve something.

Imagine a bunch of pilots, or their union, cornering you because they believe you're messing up their pay system because you are in bed with the company.

Now also imagine the government cornering you because they believe you're messing up their delay registration system because you are in bed with the pilots union.

In Brazil.

Hoppie

JP59

Hello,

Quote from: GodAtum on Thu,  3 Jan 2019 00:23
On pushback, I respond the "start engine 4". The next call is the engineer saying set parking brakes. Am i missing the calls to start other engines?

Yes there is one call for each engine.

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Thu,  3 Jan 2019 00:26
I've implemented quite some of these "wait for event X to happen to advance the state machine" things, in both sim and real aircraft avionics. It's guaranteed to become a mess if the system can't resynchronize itself using events that "can only mean that the state machine missed a few steps".

Hoppie, this definitely makes sense. As the code writer I know the sequence by heart but I realise end users needs a monitoring and resyncronization process to avoid the robot to stuck. Thank you for your advise and experience share.

Thank you also GodAtum for reporting your end user feeling and issues. First I will do a little video to show the sequence in detail. I will also add some automation in case of the end user forgets a step, like Hoppie said, to avoid the robot to stuck.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

GodAtum

Thank you Jean-philippe, that will be very helpful for an old codger like me  ;D

beat578

Hi Jean Philipe
I just saw, that P3D has no Airliners. So there is no Base 747-400 included when you Install P3D V4. What Airplane Model would you suggest for P3D to use with your scenery Bridge? PMDG look fancy, but is way too expensive, just to serve as a nice model.
Would be great, if you knew some alternatives.

Cheers
Beat LSZH

JP59

Hello,

Project Opensky 744 is the best free 747 for scenery generators.

Regards,
Jean-phiippe

G-CIVA

Quote from: beat578 on Thu,  3 Jan 2019 12:47PMDG look fancy, but is way too expensive, just to serve as a nice model.

Indeed ... not only an expensive option in cash outlay but it will eat resources since by using it you will load up every aspect of its graphic, sound & navdata memory usage if you use it inside your scenery generator.

A very simple option is to opt for the default FSX B747-400 if you are not intending to take a peek outside for those eye candy shots.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

GodAtum

I use the POSKY 747 model from here https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/55/716

Taxi and landing lights work, but doors dont open so GSX breaks.

JP59

You can opened the doors with the POSKY panel (Shift + 9) in P3D. I will see if I can implement it automatically with the Ground Service Module. Does GSX only needs one entry door to be opened to work ?

Regards,
Jean-philippe

GodAtum

Quote from: JP744 on Sat,  5 Jan 2019 09:24
You can opened the doors with the POSKY panel (Shift + 9) in P3D. I will see if I can implement it automatically with the Ground Service Module. Does GSX only needs one entry door to be opened to work ?

Regards,
Jean-philippe

Thanks  ;D ;D ;D I'm no expert but I think it needs 1R and 2R for boarding and catering, plus cargo for loading.

beat578

Well I will have to go for that model then. Thanks. Because Prepar3d V 4.4 does not have the 744 as model anymore. they took out all airliners that FSX had before. That was a reason I did not switch earlier. But now, FSX really gets old and i would have to reinstall it form scratch, so i decided to let him rest in bits and go for the new 64-bit Version. Hopefully I can get everything started. I am already confused with all those add on's like BACARS, WidePSX, RealTraffic and what else may be around.I'll let you know if i got it to work right.

JP59

Hello,

As requested, I reworked the Ground Services module user interface, in order to get a more intuitive and comprehensible experience. As you can see in the screenshot below, the actions awaited by the robot are now clearly written in bold red in the "TODO" section. You just have to follow the instructions.

I also added an automatic resynchronization in case of the user is taking off while forgetting a pre-flight action. In this case the arrival sequence will be automatically set to standby and the pre-flight sequence threads will be killed.

A bug has also been cleared (EXT PWR was flashing during taxi out when APU was set to OFF).

All this updates are included in WidePSX version 1.0.9 available both for free trial and registered versions here : http://widesimulation.com/products/

Registered users received a download link by email.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

beat578

JP59

Hi,

Sorry for the second update in two days. I found some ideas last night to make the Ground Services module again more intuitive. The user manual Ground Service section has also been re-written to detail the new module process. I think I can't make it more intuitive and easy to use now  :)

Everything is in the new WidePSX version 1.1 package available for both free trial and registered versions here : http://widesimulation.com/products/

Registered users received an update package download link by email.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

junkun459

Hi Jean
thank you for your update.
I tried GndService module from "refuelig and boarding completed" state today.
It is good help to check TODO: text line.
I started engine 1,2,3,4 in sequence as ground stuff said.  But I wanted to start engine 4,3 simultaneously first, then 2,1 simultaneously.
Can I use this sequence in near future?

Junji

JP59

Hi,

Quote from: junkun459 on Sat, 12 Jan 2019 14:43
Can I use this sequence in near future?

You can start whatever engine you want of course, but the robot will always follow the sequence 1,2,3,4.

Best regards,
Jean-philippe

beat578

Sorry to Brother Alain JP. The Models work now, installiert all and Even someone liveries ... they Look great. Now i still struggle with sim connect. Psx is connected and Green. P3d i made the roaming folder in my User Directory visible and Put your  sim connect file in it. I enternd the Port 29747 in widepsx. Still there is the Not connected. Do i have to adopt something Else in p3d? Thanks for your help. Or how do i search a free port?