News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

GodAtum

Quote from: kiek on Mon, 30 May 2022 20:58
Quote from: GodAtum on Mon, 30 May 2022 13:21
Anyone use Realtraffic/PSXseeconTraffic? The traffic appears fine in MSFS but doesn't show up in PSX. i have the traffic checkbox ticked in WidePSX.
PSXT does not work for PSX. You should use RealTraffic directly to inject Traffic in PSX. However,  It will not -like PSXT - spawn ai aircraft in MSFS.

Ah OK, I guess I need the professional version of TealTraffic so I can run one for MSFS and one for PSX?

kiek

Quote from: GodAtum on Tue, 31 May 2022 10:32
Quote from: kiek on Mon, 30 May 2022 20:58
Quote from: GodAtum on Mon, 30 May 2022 13:21
Anyone use Realtraffic/PSXseeconTraffic? The traffic appears fine in MSFS but doesn't show up in PSX. i have the traffic checkbox ticked in WidePSX.
PSXT does not work for PSX. You should use RealTraffic directly to inject Traffic in PSX. However,  It will not -like PSXT - spawn ai aircraft in MSFS.

Ah OK, I guess I need the professional version of TealTraffic so I can run one for MSFS and one for PSX?
No, the Professional version is still one program.

asboyd

Sorry to bring this up but can I ask how you allocate the various ground service languages?
I am going to record some and wanted to know what criteria is used to allocate the various entries under sounds.

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

JP59

Hi Alex,

The voice selection vs Airport location is hard coded in WidePSX. However, you can replace the "default" French accent voicepack (Sounds folder) with your own one. If no Airport ICAO are entered in the Ground Services Tab, then the default voicepack will be played by default. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

asboyd

I am guessing then that YSSY uses the default.... :)

Thank you for your reply, I really like using your add on when friends drop by, so they can get a feel for a cold and dark start up with timings and control.

Cheers,

AlexB

B747pilotusa

hello everyone

Does anyone have a problem with the connection of widePSX when using Hotspot on the computer to connect a client,

when the client is connected it disconnects the main server, it was working great, I guess was either a windows update or the new fs2020 update

when connecting a client fs2020 lost connection and Widepsx disconnected from the server of the PSX

any suggestion will be very welcome

my best regards

JC

asboyd

Does hotspot connect to the boost server or just the main?
WidePSX connects to both main and boost and according to what I have found only one client can connect to a boost server at a time (which if you are only running one instance of PSX can be a problem).

I found WidePSX would disconnect if I tried to use another boost client, so now I have several boost servers running. Just incase I need an extra one...

Cheers,
AlexB

Britjet

The latest FS2020 update cleaned out  Simconnect. Check if your WIDEPSX section is still in there.
Peter.

B747pilotusa

Hello My friends

after all day yesterday trying to figure out what happens, i found this by the end of the day

Certain websites do not load (properly) when a device connects to my hotspot (Windows 11)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-websites-do-not-load-properly-when-a/a3608e37-a539-43bc-84f0-704e40056d2a

i uninstall the update and it fix the problem,

my best regards

JC

andrej

Quote from: Britjet on Thu, 16 Jun 2022 10:31
The latest FS2020 update cleaned out  Simconnect. Check if your WIDEPSX section is still in there.

Hello Peter,

I must be going senile, but where is the Simconnect file located? I simply love how Asobo makes every update a little better and little worse....

Thanks!
Andrej

Britjet

I don't have a PC to hand, but from recall It's in the main FS packages branch - the LOCALCACHE>PACKAGES.
I think the instructions in the WIDEPSX folder give its location?
Peter

hampt

Hi Jean

Thanks for the product.  I think it is great.  I am new to PSX and therefore WIDE PSX also.

I have been able to install it after some time trying to figure out some things and trouble getting it to connect to MSFS.

It now connects. 

However when I load the 747-8 aircraft from MSFS (with crash inhibited as well as overs stress and no icing ), It seems to start the reposition.

Then it seems to go into the earth screen goes black and stays black and stays in the ground it seems.

If I close down PSX, it then comes out of the ground makes some noises and displays.

Are there any suggestions what I may be doing incorrect?

Also are there any B744 models that can be downloaded into MSFS that anyone is aware of.

Not sure the Posky ones are around any more.

Kind Regards

Yu

Quote from: hampt on Thu, 30 Jun 2022 06:22
It now connects. 

However when I load the 747-8 aircraft from MSFS (with crash inhibited as well as overs stress and no icing ), It seems to start the reposition.

Then it seems to go into the earth screen goes black and stays black and stays in the ground it seems.

If I close down PSX, it then comes out of the ground makes some noises and displays.

Are there any suggestions what I may be doing incorrect?

Also are there any B744 models that can be downloaded into MSFS that anyone is aware of.

Not sure the Posky ones are around any more.

Kind Regards
=================================================================
I have exactly the same issue , I tried to find some solutions from other forums , But nothing I found , The only one solution I found was "using other airplane" , I have tried to use another airplane in FS2020 ,And I discovered  that except the B748 , other airplane still working well , I am not expert on computer programs ,But for me, it is the best solutions I found so far

hampt

Hi thanks for that.

Just had a quick go.  Not sure which aircraft you necessarily launch.  I tried the 787.  Seemed to work.

May I ask is there any particular aircraft you find best?

Also many ways all a bit new to this. May I ask do you disable controls in MSFS then so then controls only controlling the PSX 747?

Any recommended settings for views?

Thanks for your patience.  Even though literally just tried to see if could get it to work, wow.  Was great to see.

I am coming across from P3D platform with the PMDG add ons plus many others to P3D.

So combining PSX to MSFS has created a whole next level as well.  :)

Thanks again the help and reply.  Much appreciated

Yu

HI
There is no particularly aircraft you necessarily to launch , Anything but B748 , It is OK to use C152 , My personal option is to use B787 , Because the size of the airplane , If you use A320 or smaller airplane , After you landed , The wheels are not on the ground ,The airplane looked like "floating" on the ground , It make everything looked weird

I did not disable controls in FS2020 , All I did is just mute the FS2020 , All configuration setting like flap and landing gear.....are exactly the same as PSX , So I can control the airplane configuration in PSX and FS2020 at the same time , This will make your airplane configuration looked properly anytime while you are on external view

About the view setting , I use two monitors for my computer ,One for cockpit view(FS2020) , The other one for the instrument panel (PSX) , You can set your FS2020 in windows mode , So after you turn on FS2020 ,PSX and widepsx , All you need to do is just drag your FS2020 to your another monitor , Then  you are good to go

hampt

Hi

Thanks for the info.  Will try more with it.

Thanks again

Yu

hampt

Hi

Think getting things to work fairly well.

Just wondering if anyone knew if able to get PSX to feed the weather to MSFS and Vice Versa.

Also if have a Active sky for P3D, is there a way to get weather from this injected into the the CDU and MSFS?  or any suggestions on what some may do for weather.

I do like the function in PSX , where can set Take off Minima, or NPA Minima Weather or CAT 1, 2, 3 ILS etc.  Hence interested in being able to inject weather from PSX to the Visuals of MSFS.

I have been able to get time of day to change etc. 

Thanks again.

asboyd

I use active sky with P3D but I always run PSX and Active sky in real-time mode.
I know some people like to use there own settings to try things out for training, etc. but I am normally taking off from YSSY and most of my friends that take part want to see the weather they have just come in from.... :)

I am sure you can import an AS weather plan into WidePSX.... maybe that would help.... More descriptions on page 17 of the WidePSX manual...

Cheers,
AlexB

Dirk Schepmann

Hi,

I don't think that WidePSX can control the weather in P3D or MSFS, but there is a workaround if you want to practice certain weather conditions.

There is a powerful tool called FSiPanel which allows you to change the weather conditions to CAT I, CAT II conditions etc. in P3D. The tool has many other options (many of them are already included in PSX, by the way).

So in theory you could set your desired weather conditions in PSX and manually set similar conditions with one mouseclick in P3D with FSiPanel.

Do note that FSiPanel cannot control weather in MSFS because the API for 3rd party applications to control weather is not ready yet. So if you are using MSFS, there is no technical possibility to synchronize anything at the moment.

Hope this helps,
Dirk