News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WidePSX 2.5.9 : FSX, P3D and MSFS Compatible Scenery Generator Bridge

Started by JP59, Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:17

Bastien

Quote from: rioflo on Thu, 27 May 2021 07:22
Dear all

I have finally a PC with MSFS2020 besides my main PSX Mac-Setup and was very much looking forward to use WidePSX but the indicated dropbox Link seams indeed not to work.

Isn't WidePSX available anymore?
Is there another source to at least be able give it a try?

Thanks very much and regards
Flavio

Yes indeed, the dropbox link is dead! You should contact Jean-Philippe directly via the mail notification in the forum.

JP59

Hello,

The download link is back and WidePSX 2.5.7 will remain available as a legacy software for these many persons who gave me so much during the last 7 years. Thank you gentlemen for all your public and private support messages during the last weeks. The actual version is the last public release of WidePSX.

I am happy for the enthusiasts community with the recent announcements regarding Aerosoft. As a PSX customer I will remain a silent user of this forum, mainly to download the updates, and follow the NavData announcements.

Cheers to the 99,99% of wonderful people here, and Goodbye.
Jean-Philippe

Eric Volmer

Bonjour, Jean-Philippe.
That's the best news of today!
I did not use WidePSX much so far, since I was occupied by learning my new PSX 744 software.
But I intended to use it more, since WidePSX offers a unique solution to connect PSX with MSFS2020 and the famous POSKY Boeing 747-400.
Thank you very much for your return here!
Best regards, Eric

GustavoLaPasta

Quote from: JP59 on Sat, 29 May 2021 18:12

Hello,

The download link is back and WidePSX 2.5.7 will remain available as a legacy software for these many persons who gave me so much during the last 7 years. Thank you gentlemen for all your public and private support messages during the last weeks. The actual version is the last public release of WidePSX.

I am happy for the enthusiasts community with the recent announcements regarding Aerosoft. As a PSX customer I will remain a silent user of this forum, mainly to download the updates, and follow the NavData announcements.

Cheers to the 99,99% of wonderful people here, and Goodbye.
Jean-Philippe

I hope you won't leave the community JP!
We need your support and skills as developer, i enjoy a lot your twitch streams also.
WidePSX has been a gamechanger for me, i can finally run PSX with FS2020 and train particular approaches with a precise realistic terrain view that is not even close to the scenery projected by LevelD sims in our airline.
Keep up the good work, the community needs you!

Regards

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: JP59 on Sat, 29 May 2021 18:12
Being silent or always positive are the best things to do here. If you criticize, you're out. If you share ideas that are not deemed worthy of some "heroes" intelligence, you're the "stress test", the "volcanic ash". If you speak too loud, your face is posted like a monkey with offending comments.

Good morning, Jean-Philippe,

not you, the debate was the stress test. "Four engines out" was a metaphor for "database out". Nobody posted monkey photos. You're exaggerating.

Criticism is an important element in our open community. I'm sure you agree.

Best wishes,

|-|ardy

Hessel Oosten

+ 7856,3 !

H.

p.s.

I wrote already to "the involved"
-NOW- is the moment to unite !

Please, take it !!

cagarini

Kurt

Best regards
Kurt

JP59

Good morning,

When I first posted about the NavData on the forum, my only goal was to warn and help the community in search of a solution. I did not only criticized, I also shared many ideas. Like almost every time during text « away » conversations a lot of words have been misinterpreted on both sides. Maybe I am too sensible, maybe I misinterpreted, but I have been very hurt by some posts, not only the ones showing my face. And when you feel attacked and hurt, you often react aggressively even if it was not your first intention. I'm not trying to justify, only to explain. Seeing my photo with mocking comments is something I will never have thought possible on this forum. It happened.

My goal has never been to enter in such a polemic, but the fact is that this is exactly what I did, and every time I posted a new message, trying to justify and defend, I made the polemic growing even more. Now it's time for peace and cool down. PSX is entering in a new era, and hats-off Hardy for being able to change your whole business model for the enthusiasts interests.

In my last -edited- post (which was initially absolutely stupid) I said the WidePSX users gave me so much. I hope it hasn't been misinterpreted. I was talking about the invaluable satisfaction to see my work appreciated and daily used by a community. This feeling is why I am so proud of what I've done. This work will continue to be available for free, and I sincerely wish all the best for the upcoming scenery generator bridge for MSFS. It is absolutely normal to see a new software to replace the older, if it is more efficient and smooth. And at the end it will be a good thing for the community.

I sincerely hope this post will definitely clarify and close the case. At my side, what I only wish is to forget this nightmare. Time and distance repair everything.

With my best wishes to all of you, and my apologies for the unwanted polemic.
Jean-Philippe

Steve Hose

Now THAT's a +1!

To borrow slightly from Shakespeare's Hamlet, it is humility and reason that separates man from beast.

All the best JP.

Steve.

beat578

Late to the party but still: Thank JP Your kindness and that great piece of work. And we all tend to be a bit more open to frustration the last month (me at least) starting to get annoyed by being bound at home for so long.

Have a great time! I am proud to still be one of the voices you use.

Kind Regards
Beat