News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

VisualPSX networking

Started by kryten, Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:27

kryten

Hi,
I'm having a problem networking VisualPSX. The answers to the questions below may seem obvious but I'm getting desperate and want to exclude my misunderstanding something simple. I think I know the answers but just want confirmation.

1) when using a client PC to only display an FSX outside view does PSX need to be installed and running on this client PC?

2) when using a client PC to only display an FSX outside view does VisualPSX need to be installed and running on this client PC?

Phil

joergalv

Hi Phil,

quite some time since I last used / configured VisualPSX, however if I remember correctly:
'No' to both of your questions.
No direct communication between PSX and FSX. All done via VisualPSX / TrafficPSX, etc.
To get VisualPSX <-> FSX communication established, simconnect is required to be installed and configured.
HowTo should be outlined in the VisualPSX documentation.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Joerg

siliconbase

Hi joergalv

What are you using instead of visualpsx?

Thanks
Bora

Quote from: joergalv on Tue, 14 Nov 2017 18:52
Hi Phil,

quite some time since I last used / configured VisualPSX, however if I remember correctly:
'No' to both of your questions.
No direct communication between PSX and FSX. All done via VisualPSX / TrafficPSX, etc.
To get VisualPSX <-> FSX communication established, simconnect is required to be installed and configured.
HowTo should be outlined in the VisualPSX documentation.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Joerg

joergalv

Hi Bora,

I switched from FSX to P3D (v4.1 now) some time ago. Therefore I use
http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=3629.0 now.

For FSX users, VisualPSX seems to be the only option I think.

Regards,
Joerg

kryten

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Joerg, I just wanted to make sure that the aircraft position goes from PSX to VisualPSX on the server to FSX on the other PC and not PSX to VisualPSX on the server to VisualPSX on the other PC and then to FSX.

Bora, although I would prefer to use VisualPSX I have managed to get a connection between the PCs using Wideview. I can get PSX and FSX to connect on the same PC but not between PCs. Therefore I could install Wideview in FSX on all PCs with Wideview on the "PSX" PC configured as server and on the other PCs as clients. The result is that the aircraft position goes from PSX to FSX on the "PSX" PC via VisualPSX and then to FSX on the other PCs via Wideview. Not ideal which is why I just want to use VisualPSX alone.

Phil