News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Mouse Macros

Started by kryten, Sat, 4 Nov 2017 15:21

kryten

Hi,
  Is anyone aware of a program for creating Mouse Macros in PSX. When I used FSX I was able to create them using FSUIPC4. An example was for fuel cutoff switches. I was able to program 4 switches on my CH Products TQ to do this and meant that I did not have to use the mouse. Any similar program for PSX would be very useful in improving the realism.

Phil

kryten

judging by the number of replies there does not seem to be a program to do the job. I've seen posts from people asking if USB buttons could be allocated to various buttons within PSX (such as fuel cutoff switches, autobrake switch etc) and being told that it was not possible. I think that being able to allocate a USB button or switch to any function in a layout would be a great advantage. There are several great addons for PSX and hope that someone will  release a mouse macro program for PSX.

Phil.

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

The thing with PSX is that it has the most magnificent network interface of any sim in the world and that hacks such as mouse macros or USB switch assignments basically deny that there is a better option. I do get it that for many people, mouse, keyboard, and USB (stick) switches are the only available/affordable interface options, so these programs could be relevant, but they are not typically produced by the big simmers.

Hoppie

brian747

While the number of directly-assignable USB functions is relatively limited, there are many more functions that are assignable using keystrokes. I use JoyToKey (payware, $7 U.S. when I bought it) to convert unused hardware buttons into keystrokes, and as a result I hardly ever have to resort to mouse or keyboard.

For brief details, see page 26 of Getting Started with PSX Part 1, available from this page: http://aerowinx.com/html/misc.html

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).