News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Flight plans created with PFPX contain no SID once loaded into the FMC

Started by riccardo.rasconi, Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:11

riccardo.rasconi

Dear All,

I may be overlooking something (I am no expert virtual pilot) but my problem is the following.
I carefully read the tutorial about how to create a flight with PFPX+TOPCAT (which I own) and I think I perform all the steps correctly. I create the plan and export it for PSX (adding the underscore, in order to have the flight plan immediately available to be recalled in the FMC).

The problem is that despite I leave the SID and STAR inside the plan, when I load the plan in the FMC as company route, the SID is not there. I always have to re-introduce it manually through the DEP/ARR FMC page.
Is this normal or am I missing something?

Thank you so much for the help!

Bests,

Riccardo

Hardy Heinlin

Dear Riccardo,

I don't think that PFPX route legs can include conditional ("floating") waypoints. They are often required to construct SIDs, STARs, and approaches.

Regards,

|-|ardy

brian747

Hi Riccardo!

You might perhaps find it helpful to take a look at my "Getting Started with PSX – Part 2" tutorial, available from http://aerowinx.com/html/misc.html, which discusses in some detail certain aspects of using PSX with PFPX (and TOPCAT) for simming purposes.

Please note especially pages 28 and 29, which suggest removing the suggested SID and STAR in PFPX prior to saving the route. (If the route was saved containing a SID and/or STAR it would no longer be generally applicable for the two airports concerned, but be specific to occasions when the planned runways were in use — so no, you're not missing something: the SID and STAR need to be entered at the appropriate time depending on the runways being used and, as ever, the requirements of ATC. When simming using PFPX and PSX, anyway).  :-)

I should also mention a slight caveat concerning the fact that the tutorial was written 2½ years ago using the following versions of the programs concerned:

 PSX release version (10.0.0)
      PFPX v1.15, and
      TOPCAT v.2.74 beta 1.

Since I'm writing this reply when PSX is up to v.10.1.7, PFPX to v.1.28.8, and TOPCAT v2.74 is no longer in beta, some differences may have resulted as time has gone by.

Cheers,

Brian

(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

riccardo.rasconi

Dear Hardy and Brian,

thanks a lot for the replies!
Understood!

Bests,

Riccardo