News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Coming soon - PSXTools

Started by JP59, Thu, 13 Jul 2017 09:57

JP59

Hello,

I'm actually writing my new add-on called PSXTools. Instead of writing several add-ons, the goal of PSXTools is to be an "all in one" add-on suite with "modules" like :

- AloftWX module (which is in fact PSXAloft integrated as a PSXTools module)
- Hardware printer output module
- Ground services an environment simulation (will not be implemented in the first Beta releases). This is my next task.
- More modules can be added later. Some ideas (just ideas at the moment) :

- FSX/P3D traffic display on PSX ND (with TCAS stuff)
- I'd like to display "real" ActiveSky weather through PSX weather radar.

The ground services module is writen for my hardware simulator needs. I don't know if somebody will be interested by using it. However, it will be possible to enable/disable every module in the user interface. PSXTools is designed as a toolbox, and you can use any tool you need.

The aim of this new module will be to simulate ground and cabin staff actions and conversations with cockpit, from power-up to taxi out, and from taxi in to securing (doors, refueling, EXT PWR,...) simulating some random delays or problems. It is in fact the "Services" PSX page automated and sequenced. I was frustrated to use the PSX service page during my simulated flights. In a simulator you need immersion, and playing with a mouse and keyboard is not very realistic in a 744 (we are not in a A380  ;)). So everything will be sequenced and automated depending of the phase of cockpit preparation.

I have one question. Does somebody uses PSXAloft in "static" mode (without SimConnect) ? This functionality is very limited and restricted and I'm thinking to remove it in PSXTools.

Now back to coding, cheers to all !

cavaricooper

JP-

Excited to read of your next project. I use PSXAloft simply by setting and forgetting- I do not load a FP. I plan with and rely on rely on PFPX data, and use PSXAloft to feed in accurate waypoint winds.

Whilst you are wearing your development hat, could I trouble you to examine why Forecast winds do not populate when PSXAloft is active?

The hardware module is also eagerly awaited, as I will be able to then reduce the number of concurrent programs running, AND run a receipt printer for BACARS. Is there a way to intercept/cancel the re-occurring PSX ACARS messages about new Wx data being received every few minutes?

I think it is amazing, and a testament to PSX, that we are fortunate to collectively benefit from the work that this unique simulator has inspired. This forum has got to be one of the most altruistic communities on the planet, and I remain obliged, Ta JP!

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

JP59

Hello Carl,

Quote from: cavaricooper on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 10:54

Whilst you are wearing your development hat, could I trouble you to examine why Forecast winds do not populate when PSXAloft is active?

You mean descent forecast winds ? They do since PSXAloft v.2.2 release. Did you try ?

Is there a way to intercept/cancel the re-occurring PSX ACARS messages about new Wx data being received every few minutes?

Please be more precise. I do not understand your request, I'm sorry.

I think it is amazing, and a testament to PSX, that we are fortunate to collectively benefit from the work that this unique simulator has inspired. This forum has got to be one of the most altruistic communities on the planet, and I remain obliged, Ta JP!

Thank you. We mostly have to thank Hardy. Without his "open network" designed software, nothing would be possible.

Best regards,

JP59

Carl,

I do not load a FP.

There was a bug with FMC descent winds datalink which is corrected in PSXAloft v.2.2. But if you do not load ActiveSky flight plan, as you said, it is normal you don't get any FMC datalink, even with PSXAloft v.2.2. Please read PSXAloft manual for more informations.

Cheers,

GodAtum

Amazing :) Just an idea, maybe merge with PSX.net;D

tango4

Hi Jean Philippe,
And glad to see you back here !

I recently bought P3D V4 and was so pleased with the general smoothness that I decided to try again psx.net.externalsim along with PSXaloft.

Everything working perfectly but I just have discovered a potential small bug in PSXAloft wind uplink.

I am talking about the wind uplink fro cruise waypoints, not the descent forecast which seems to be working fine.

The issue is that when it reads the wind table in the activeflightplanwx.txt, it seems to read to wrong altitude and to be displaced by "one notch".
For example at a given waypoint i will display in my FMC after loading the winds aloft, it will display at FL340 the wind value that should be at FL300, it will display at FL390 the value that should be at FL340.
And when flying at flight level 340, of course it injects the correct value, almost the one that is being displayed at FL390 in the FMC.

Hope this is clear enough !

Good luck on your endeavors !

Charles

JP59

Salut Charles,

I noticed this bug also this afternoon when making a debug flight of PSXTools. Do you also have FL300 wind info blank on the CDU screen ? It seems to be the same issue as descent uplink previous bug, so not very difficult to fix. I will fix it for PSXTools release.

Thank you very much for your report.

Cheers,

tango4

Yes exactly it is blank on FL300 exactly as you describe.

Thanks a lot for your quick answer !