News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Differential Braking

Started by Guy, Sun, 12 Feb 2017 22:15

Guy

Hi Hardy,
I use a rudder pedal/brake made by Precision Flights Controls. Braking only works if I depress both brakes at the same time (I can brake gradually when I use both pedals. I would like to use differential braking to make sharp turns (I don't have to pay for the tire wear) but unless I depress both pedals, there is absolutely no braking action, even if I depress either pedal fully.
In Preferences ->USB, both brakes indicate 984 when not activated . Values change gradually and independently from each other when depressing  gradually. When fully depressed one of them reads around -150, the other one -50.
In both cases I have set the neutral to -100.
I had some problems setting the neutral: for some settings the brakes worked fine but locked up when fully depressed and released afterwards.
I wonder what could cause this behavior.
Thanks,
Guy

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Guy,

do the magenta hooks on the info tag (see Aerowinx manual page 472 at the bottom in the middle) move independently, and fully up and down?

Regards,

|-|ardy

Guy

Hi Hardy,
The magenta hooks move independently up and down but they move up only half-way when depressing the brake pedals fully When the parking brakes are applied, the hooks move up all the way.
I was unaware of this display of the brakes and I am still amazed about all the features in your PS10.
Because of these findings I did some more checking and I found out that depressing one pedal fully results in a slight asymmetrical deviation of a rolling aircraft (not at all like I get in a real Cessna 172!) and also that there is actually a little of braking action but both pedals need to be depressed to get some decent action.
Apparently there is a scaling problem which I need to correct somehow.