News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

AdaptPSX no longer sending output to selected printer

Started by asboyd, Fri, 20 Jan 2017 00:08

asboyd

John,
Based on the BACARS and AdaptPSX query thread, I retested my setup and I am not sure but I think perhaps one the the two latest java updates may have broken the printer pipe from AdaptPSX.
My config is hte same as when I first tested with both the standard ACARS and BACARS, but now I get the print queue started but the doc does not get sent. The monitor screen shows the correct info and a date/time of print send, but no docs arrive in my print queue for my printer.

Would you be able to check this out and see if there is an issue with the prog (Even though the package is labelled V2.6b is shows as 2.7B in the "About" box...
Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

junkun459

Hi

I installed AdaptPSX few days ago, and had same trouble as Alex.
My printer queue accepts AdaptPSX signal, but disappears within a second.  And nothing happens on my printer after that.
I changed printer to "Microsoft print to PDF".  a file"Java printing.pdf" is created, but the file had been destroyed.

Jun

jb747

I'm running Jave V8 Update 111 (build 1.8.0_111-b14) and AdaptPSX is working fine with the printer.  I don't know how my version number compares to yours though.

The Java version I'm using that still works with AdaptPSX is available here: 

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html#jdk-8u111-oth-JPR

Cheers,

Jon

asboyd

I am currently running Java build 1.8.0.121-b13 and the print spooler problem is happening.
Will try and get a java log...

Cheers,
Alex B

asboyd

Have uninstalled java and reinstalled build 111 b14 but the print spooler starts but no output to the printer...
I do not have any earlier versions....

Cheers,
Alex B

Egyptair687

Hello,

has this been solved ?

I have the same issue too ...

Kind regards

Ahmed

John Golin

I'll have a look...

Sadly it worked for me with Java 17 and the latest Adapt v1.2.2

Can you ensure the 'Enable Printer Output' is ticked at the top of the Printer tab?

John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

asboyd

I cannot let you know if it works or not as I managed to get hold of a thermal printer for my cockpit and wrote my own printer driver client.

I am sure John will help out.

Cheers,
AlexB

John Golin

G'day - but I AM John lol.

edit:

I've uploaded the latest build to the Simulator Solutions Website - I have verified both printing and Engravity are working with this release;

https://simulatorsolutions.com.au/simulator-solutions-software/adaptpsx/

There are some minor bugfixes (I forget which without checking the git history!) and now a Dark theme...
John Golin.

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: asboyd on Fri, 21 Oct 2022 23:00I cannot let you know if it works or not as I managed to get hold of a thermal printer for my cockpit and wrote my own printer driver client.

I am sure John will help out.

Cheers,
AlexB

And that one works perfect! Thanks Alex!
Ton

Egyptair687

Works perfect, thank you John !

Ahmed

Quote from: John Golin on Sat, 22 Oct 2022 02:20G'day - but I AM John lol.

edit:

I've uploaded the latest build to the Simulator Solutions Website - I have verified both printing and Engravity are working with this release;

https://simulatorsolutions.com.au/simulator-solutions-software/adaptpsx/

There are some minor bugfixes (I forget which without checking the git history!) and now a Dark theme...

asboyd

Quote from: John Golin on Sat, 22 Oct 2022 02:20G'day - but I AM John lol.

I was actually trying to reply to Ahmed... I KNOW you are John....  ::)  ;D

John Golin

John Golin.

Egyptair687

Hello Alex,

thanks for your reply.
Everything is working with the newest version of adaptpsx.

Kind regards

Ahmed

Quote from: asboyd on Sat, 22 Oct 2022 22:33I was actually trying to reply to Ahmed... I KNOW you are John....  ::)  ;D

Gary Oliver

asboyd