News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

World Cup Miracle

Started by Will, Tue, 15 Jun 2010 23:14

Zinger

Back in the sixties during college, I shared a Birmingham dormitory with a British friend whose father was a Sabena B707 captain. They resided at No. XX Limburg Stirum, Wemmel, Brabant, not far from the Atomium.

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers...and yes there is a South-Brabant and yes there is another Limburg and yes they are in the neighbouring country and yes there are sentiments to recombine... but with the hopeless results of last elections in both countries, this may take a while...

About the world cup event, The Dutch team somehow didn't manage to retain their excellent footbal exhibited in all earlier matches, Germany had a similar situation. What bothered me most are:

a. The empoverished South Africans who continue to live meters from the beautiful stadiums
b. The intentional fouls prevalent in soccer. American football, where the whole team is punished for individual fouls, should act as model here.
c. The amount of referee bad calls, American football, where video is utilized to confirm referee calls, should act as model here too.
Regards, Zinger

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Brilliant air-to-air footage. And I fear "we" have two orange F-16s now...

http://www.zie.nl/video/opmerkelijk/F16s-begeleiden-vliegtuig-Oranje/m1fzjn6fdkuw

OKD

Guys....

Remember we wrote about the North Korean Team better of defecting instead of going home after the world cup....

Well, we should be their advisors....take a read....and i just wonder if we will ever see the whole squad and coaching staff ever again...!!

Thursday July 29, 2010
Report: N. Korea's World Cup team reprimanded

SEOUL: North Korea's national football team and coach have been reprimanded for losing all three games at the World Cup in South Africa, a news report said.

The team and coach Kim Jong-hun were summoned to a meeting at the People's Palace of Culture in Pyongyang on July 2, the US-financed Radio Free Asia reported on Monday.

Sports Minister Pak Myong-chol was among some 400 government officials, athletes and others at the six-hour-long closed-door session, the report said.

Team members were forced to reprimand their coach at the end of the gathering, the report said.

Japan-based players Jong Tae-se and An Yong-hok were exempted from the meeting, RFA said.

Competing in their second World Cup Finals after an absence of 44 years, North Korea exited at the group stage, beaten 2-1 by Brazil, then lost to Portugal 7-0 and to Ivory Coast 3-0.

The report cited two unidentified sources in North Korea and a Chinese businessman named Yu, described as knowledgeable about North Korea affairs.

South Korea's National Intelligence Service, the country's main spy agency, said yesterday they could not immediately confirm the report.

Groups in Seoul that monitor information out of North Korea said they could not corroborate the report, and there was no mention of any such meeting in Pyongyang's state media. — AP

Quote from: OKDjust jump into any ambassy while they are out of their own country....but then, need to think for their own families...

Quote from: AviIf it was me, I would have defect now!
OK....I am ok, if you are ok...!!

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Dutch media published a pretty cynical cartoon about this...

OKD

Hey Jeroen...

Better if we may have the translation?...

anyway....just read another piece of news....

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/news/article/-/7674538/north-korea-footballers-publicly-humiliated
OK....I am ok, if you are ok...!!

martin

Title: "North Korean WC players undergo chastising after losing"

No6: "Of course I'm happy with the thrashing (by sticks)... It's quite less painful than playing against Nigel de Jong in the finals."

:mrgreen: