News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

"Set parking brake please" before push is complete

Started by Chris Kilroy, Sat, 13 Aug 2016 05:46

Chris Kilroy

Hi Hardy,

I've noticed that whenever I use PSX's internal pushback feature, the "set parking brake" .wav file likes to play before the airplane has completely stopped moving.

Video evidence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwFIdUrhFoY

Note that I've recently changed the .wav files associated with pushback to sound a little less like Gary Oliver, but I noticed this same behavior before I did that, too.

For now, I'll just edit the appropriate .wav file to add 10 seconds of silence before the "set parking brake please" command, but I wanted to post just in case this was a bug that had crept in at some point.

Thanks!

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Chris,

strange!

Which PSX version are you using?

Is an add-on controlling the pushback?

Regards,

|-|ardy

P.S.: Nice video :-) I just noticed your FDS hardware has the LCD type of IDU frames. To get a perfect LCD style flightdeck, you may select the LCD style display in PSX too, instead of the CRT style. To see the difference you may toggle this checkbox: Instructor > Model > Equipment > "IDS screens and symbols: LCD version".

DougSnow

You need an F/O - and be a part of WorldFlight!

cavaricooper

HH-

I have this occur as well.... the parking brake message announces before motion is completely stopped.

I want to say GS is 0 in PSX but there is still visual motion (scenery generator). This occurs both with VisualPSX and PSX.NET P3D. It's not something I notice on my standalone Mac... Just when using the big screen for visuals.

Will verify the GS 0 bit tomorrow.

HTH- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

It may be a side effect of the motion dampening algorithms in the scenery generator. You also should see the same delay in turns. When the PSX IRS compass stops turning, the visual should keep turning a bit longer.

Hoppie

G-CIVA

I see it too - I am running PSX across a network albeit at the other end of the spectrum from Chris;

PC 1 - PSX running 3 instances to 3 monitors

PC2 - P3Dv3 as the scenery generator to a single large monitor.

PC3 - VisualPSX & TrafficPSX connecting PC1 & 2 which also runs Active Sky 2016, vPilot & PSXAloft on a single monitor.

I normally just wait until the GS on the ND goes to 0 before setting the Park Brake.
Steve Bell
aka The CC

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sat, 13 Aug 2016 09:40strange!

Which PSX version are you using?

Is an add-on controlling the pushback?

Thanks for the reply, Hardy. I'm currently on 10.0.8. No addons controlling the push.

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sat, 13 Aug 2016 09:40P.S.: Nice video :-) I just noticed your FDS hardware has the LCD type of IDU frames. To get a perfect LCD style flightdeck, you may select the LCD style display in PSX too, instead of the CRT style. To see the difference you may toggle this checkbox: Instructor > Model > Equipment > "IDS screens and symbols: LCD version".

Yes sir, this is checked. Thanks for the compliment!

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Sat, 13 Aug 2016 11:58
It may be a side effect of the motion dampening algorithms in the scenery generator. You also should see the same delay in turns. When the PSX IRS compass stops turning, the visual should keep turning a bit longer.

I don't think so. In my video, you can see the PSX ND is still spinning. I'll have to double check today, but I also don't believe groundspeed is 0.

Hardy Heinlin

I can't reproduce this problem on my system. First, the turn rate goes to zero, and the heading remains stable ... then the groundspeed goes smoothly to zero ... and then comes the call.

I could add a delay. But first I want to understand the cause of the problem. It's better to fix the cause than throwing in pills against the symptoms ...

|-|ardy

Avi

I can't help here but I do have a question which I think it is important.
Does it happen during AUTO pushback or MANUAL pushback (or both)?
Avi Adin
LLBG

joergalv

It's happening if you 'Stop' the Pushback during the turn... in both modes, i.e. 'Auto' or 'Start'

edit: PSX without any add ons

Cheers,
Joerg

Hardy Heinlin

I see. I've always used Auto.

When you use the manual mode in a turn, you should tow it along a straight line before you select Stop. It does this automatically if you program a final heading (true north) in the edit field.

Cheers,

|-|ardy