News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

active sky next

Started by florismulock, Tue, 12 Jul 2016 12:06

florismulock

Hi all,

question about the active sky next.  if i use this software instead of the standart weather,  will the weather still be that realistic as the normal psx weather options in the game.  (wind still effects the plane realistic etc)

p.s. lol i still havenit found the option to start my plane from eham ( where is the option to place your plane to an airport)

thanks a lot!!!

cagarini

ASN, and now AS16 and ASCA can be used to feed upper winds and temperature ( above 20,000 feet ) using PSXAloft .

Bellow that PSX's own weather engine, which is the most advanced I have ever used in any sim, does the job. Of course it also does it above, up and above tropopause ( I guess to a reasonal limit according to the b747 operational limitations ).

If you're not concerned with your sim data not matching real world winds aloft forecasts used by flight planners like pfpx in combination with asn or as16, then that's the best choice because IMO it is more realistic in terms of combining it's own upper winds with the jetstream cluster modeling - the only flight simulator I ever knew or used that models Global Scale weather phenomena in such a comprehensive way.

If you're vlying with real world weather then you can have PSX weather and for the visuals you can inject ASN or AS16 weather into prepar3d or fsx.

VisualPSX, which just as XView will probably not be further updated by their authors, alllows for the injection  of the PSX weather into FSX / P3D, and you should not use ASN, AS16 or any other FSX/P3D weather injector if you opt for that.

With X-Plane the same applies for XView, which can inject PSX's weather into X-Plane.

Honestly, no other sim can do weather so well as PSX, only the visuals of course, can look better if using another flightsim for the out of windshield views...

There are many details of how unique PSX's weather engine is. A very "basic" difference is simply the way it models variable and gusting winds as well as turbulence. X-Plane and FSX / P3D can't get anywhere near IMO, and when we couple that with the flight dynamics then, there's no chance...

In my present setup I have been using PSX + PSX.NET + P3Dv3 + AS16 + ASCA all running on the same desktop PC, in Windows 10 Professional, 16 GB DDR3 RAM + GTX 960 Nvidia 4 GB GDDR5 graphics card. Processor is an old i5 2500 @ 3,3Ghz.

Runs smooth of silk! The same applies when using X-Plane and Xview. But on both sims I set autogen to NULL - I just want the airports / rws.... the mountains and seas and the skies, the rest ( autogen buildings and trees, cars on roads, even other aircraft ) being useless for me...

Sometimes I feel better even using PSX standalone.