News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

want the aerowinx psx but first a few questions, could you help me out?

Started by florismulock, Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:35

Panos Bilios

Hi

Another way to verify how accurate the flight Dynamics of PSX vs FSX/PMDG
is fly the PSX straight and level and then step hard on the rudder, the airplane
will roll and then go to a spinn as any airplane will do, then try the same manouver
on a PMDG aircraft, there is a slight yaw and roll but nothing dramatic it almost correct
itself out.  There is nothing out there that can even compare to PSX period.

Panos

Britjet

I saw that. It affected the engine oil. They put heated mufflers round the engines on a 45-minute turnaround on a 737.
It was in Irkutsk.
Peter

tango4

Hi again guys,
Just taking the opportunity here to ask one more question regarding this asymetrical flight issues.
I guess as you mentioned all aircraft in FSX/P3D are affected by this limitation (except the majestic Q400 which uses a custom flight model). Do you know if it is better in X Plane , especially in recent releases like IXEG 737 Classic or PMDG DC6 ?
Just curious here.

Charles

Will

Hi Floris,

Quoteis the normal procedure and abnormal procedure manual included in aerowinx?

The included manual is 600 pages long, and includes normal and abnormal procedures.

Quoteand does the psx included navigations and airport charts (sids stars etc)? or is there a easy addon to show the charts in the simulation?

PSX does not include navigation charts, however the SIDS, STARS, airways, and approaches are all included in the FMC's worldwide navigation database. So you can program the FMC to fly anywhere in the published real-world navigation system.

And as in the real aircraft, you can also use the FMC to create a custom RNAV approach to any runway in the entire world. (Britjet has a video of this in the tutorial section.) As for displaying charts, you can get them in PDF version from something like SimPlates, and then open them up in a PDF viewer anywhere you like, perhaps in a window over the cockpit, or perhaps on your iPad.

Also, PSX is compatible with flight planning software such as PFPX. If you can plan a flight in PFPX, you will be able to fly in in PSX, with all waypoints accurately positioned and displayed on the ND.
Will /Chicago /USA

Will

Floris, this tutorial will give you a sense of what you can do as far as customizing the displays in PSX:

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1999.0

Note that the tutorial assumes a one-monitor installation. If you have multiple monitors, or multiple installations, then you can achieve significantly more complexity.
Will /Chicago /USA

tango4

Sorry Floris,
I forgot you had an un answered question...

Regarding the manual, PSX manual is very well done but does not include "abnormal procedures" per se. It is more an "explained version" of what you would find in an FCOM. (A VERY WELL explained by the way).

I won't post a link here but if you google B747 FCOM, you might find what you are looking for... ::)

Regarding the database, it comes with a complete database from 2014. You can buy an upgrade for AIRAC1603 for 28€ if I remember correctly (and it unlocks access to some improvements on the WX Radar too).

Charles

cagarini

tango4,

as I pointed out at one of the posts above, it is particularly poorly modelled in the PMDG tubeliners. Even the default b747-400 has much more plausible asymmetric behaviour.

Regardin X-Plane, yes, it does model thrust asymmetry a LOT more accurately. A well designed b747-400 in X-Plane, with a proper choice of airfoils and Radii of Gyration, as well as other details, can behave very weel, compared to similar FSX offers.

Hardy Heinlin

The PSX manual includes "Abnormal Lists" based on those used by Lufthansa. But not all lists.

The lists in the PSX manual do not explain more than the lists in other manuals. They use the "tree" lay-out for use in the cockpit with various "branches" that lead to certain conditional questions and associated to-do items.

Regards,

|-|ardy

GodAtum

Quote from: Britjet on Sat,  9 Jul 2016 19:25
I saw that. It affected the engine oil. They put heated mufflers round the engines on a 45-minute turnaround on a 737.
It was in Irkutsk.
Peter

That was it :) Is the engine oil freezing simulated in PSX?

Hardy Heinlin

Yes, but it won't happen because the virtual ground engineers always put heated mufflers round the engines.

tango4

Apologies Hardy,
I forgot there was actually an abormals part in your manual because I use mostly an FCOM.
Nevertheless, I still think the biggest part of your manual, explaining all the systems is very well written and has proved to be an excellent help in understanding the real FCOM which can be sometimes a bit cryptic, to say the least !