News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

GodAtum

Hi Gary, I've learned that BA don't use taxi lights on their 747s. But would it be possible for you to have that working in externalsim?  ;D

Gary Oliver

beat578

Dear Gary
If you are around, could you please send me the link to your model? I'd like to try out PSX.net with my Prepar3d installation.  Thank you so much. You products are so great!
Cheers Beat
LSZH

Gary Oliver

Steve - Browny

Hi Gary,

Is there a way to turn off the radio and transponder models being pushed to P3D? We have particular radio and transponder units that connect to P3D. I've tried getting TrafficPSX to send P3Ds radios to PSX but when using externalSim you aren't able to change the frequency - you move it around but after a second it reverts back to the original frequency in PSX. We need the option of ExternalSim to either send the frequencies to go from P3D to PSX or ignore them completely. Is this possible?

The way around it I've found is when doing a frequency change is to close ExternalSim, perform the frequency change, then start up ExternalSim so it uses the new frequency sitting in PSX.

I hope this explains it well enough.

Gary Oliver

Hey Steve,

Yep there's a config file entry you have to make that we added in when Joe had the same problem in his Sim :)

If it's not obvious in the XML file I'll dig out the entry when I get to my dev pc

Cheers
Gary

Steve - Browny

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Mon,  8 Jul 2019 22:19
Hey Steve,

Yep there's a config file entry you have to make that we added in when Joe had the same problem in his Sim :)

If it's not obvious in the XML file I'll dig out the entry when I get to my dev pc

Cheers
Gary

Thanks for the info Garry I found it - I didn't realise there was an XML file on the Router instance as well. For anyone else that needs it: C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\PSX.NET\PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router is the directory. I'll let you know if I have trouble.

James H

Hi all,

I was flying on VATSIM today, and another pilot told me that it appeared to them as if my P3D aircraft was slewing along the ground at some 500 kn or so. On my system, Aerowinx, P3D, and VatScope all showed a 747 flying along happily at FL390.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's the first time I've heard it :-\

James.

Mark

What VATSIM client are you using?

James H

Hi Mark,

I use vPilot.

James

Berndo

Hi Gary,

could you please send me an e-mail with a link to the updated model? fon1 -at- gmx -dot- at

Thanks,
Bernd

farrokh747

Hi all

In some saved Psx situations, Ive noticed that if I change the time of day in PSX (inst Time page), the 3 P3D clients don't update the time....  Ive tried switching off/on "set zones by flighttrack." (PSX WXR page) , PSX Internet off/on, FS Global Real Weather on/off, etc -

My system:
PSX + PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim 2.5.0 >> 3x P3D PC's
Running FS Global Real Weather on P3D PC's  for real time wxr update

It works in most situ's, but a few will not update the 3 P3d client's time....

Not sure what im doing wrong....  any thoughts?

cheers

fc

Gary Oliver

Click the clock button on the glareshield to force a timesync.

farrokh747

Thanks Gary - will try it

fc

farrokh747

QuoteClick the clock button on the glareshield to force a timesync.

Happy to report that this works! thanks Gary.....

fc

Hopkinsstevea

Hi Gary,

If possible can you please send me an e-mail with a link to the updated model? I would appreciate it so very much
Steve
Hopkinsstevea"at"gmail"dot"com

Martin Baker

Is there an updated model which fixes the issue where flaps deploy when the Beacon is set to both? M

farrokh747

Hi Gary/Mark

One Feature Request:

Would it be possible to have an option for ExternalSim to send PSX wxr to P3D for non-realworld wxr flying (Psx and P3d both offline) -   for example, approaches with low cloud base, etc -

right now, Im using FSGW on the p3d pc's and downloaded metar on psx, and it works well, but there's no way to use the psx wxr window as a 'controller'

cheers and thanks for all the great work!

fc

cagarini

Quote from: farrokh747 on Sat, 12 Oct 2019 05:39
Hi Gary/Mark

One Feature Request:

Would it be possible to have an option for ExternalSim to send PSX wxr to P3D for non-realworld wxr flying (Psx and P3d both offline) -   for example, approaches with low cloud base, etc -

right now, Im using FSGW on the p3d pc's and downloaded metar on psx, and it works well, but there's no way to use the psx wxr window as a 'controller'

cheers and thanks for all the great work!

fc

That was actually the option I used with XView when running PSX with X-Plane for teh visuals. XView had an option to injcet PSX's weather into the visuals sim.

In ELITE we're debating with the same problem but it's really not that easy to translate the weather between PSX and P3D. ELITE v9 has a port for P3D ( being used in beta right now ), but not yet injceting real world weather - just weather defined in ELITE's weather menu.

It's ok for reduced visibility operations, but the algorithm to translate between the PSX "coverage" and how to paint it in P3D might be a bit tricky...

John Golin

Strange issue tonight on VATSIM;

I was running PSX, AFV (6.30) and vPilot (current) as well as ExternalSim 2.5.0 with PTT through AFV.

Everything was normal except

PSX had XPDR on TA/RA but vPilot reported Mode C was NOT active. 

Position updates seemed ok, radio freq and voice were ok.

When I pressed Mode C in vPilot it flickered on briefly but went off again (I assume clobbered from somewhere else).

I tried:

- cycling the transponder in PSX through all settings
- loading a situation in PSX
- restarting vPilot and AFV

Nothing worked.

- then I closed and opened ExternalSim and it was working again.

I was not able to replicate the issue... Very strange. Haven't seen that before.
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au