News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

JohnH

Peter,

So you are running PSX in full screen and P3D on top of PSX? When you click on PSX doesn't P3D go behind the PSX panel?

A better way (I think) is to run PSX on the bottom half of your screen and P3D on the top half. That way you see both screens. If you like that idea I have a PSX 9 pack layout created for the lower half of the screen.

What aircraft are you using in P3D to run with PSX and ExternalSim?

John

speedbird965

Hi John!

This was only to demonstrate, that P3D and PSX aren't working on my machine. I'm using the POSKY 744 Megapack, as mentioned here in the forum.

However I would be very pleased, if you could share your PSX9 pack with me.

Many, many thanks in advance!!!

Cheers,

Peter

JohnH

Peter,

send me an email at the link under my name.

John

speedbird965

Hi guys!

After downloading the PSX plane from Gary and readjusting the firewall by Marks tool, everything runs smooth. Really great. Thanks for the wonderful work!!!

Have a nice weekend and thanks again for all your help!

Cheers, Peter

JohnH

Glad you got it working, enjoy!

john

Martin Baker

Please can you post a link to the correct plane here? M

speedbird965

Hi Martin B!

As requested:

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:35
Aircraft model is here....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr0ubmcb2qvs8z6/PSX_747.zip?dl=0

Also just another reminder that the firewall when set to 'off' isn't actually off.  We fixed the issue with kev32bs setup tonight on Teamviewer by doing the following :-

1) Start > Run > mmc
2) Add 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security'
3) Right click properties
4) In all 3 profiles (public, private, domain) set the 3 options to 'On','Allow','Allow'

Cheers, Peter

Gary Oliver

Peter,

I have a much better model (in the new BOAC repaint) that has proper dynamic lighting if you fancy it?

goliver one nine eight four [at] gmail.com and I'll send you the link.

Cheers
G

speedbird965

Hi Gary!

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Fri,  8 Mar 2019 22:36
Peter,

I have a much better model (in the new BOAC repaint) that has proper dynamic lighting if you fancy it?

goliver one nine eight four [at] gmail.com and I'll send you the link.

Cheers
G

EMail sent. Thank you so much! I'm very interested...  :D

Cheers,

Peter

Martin Baker

speedbird965

Hi Gary!

Again many thanks for that fine piece of software. Did a couple of flights now and I'm still very impressed about the smoothnes this runs on one PC only. It's quite amazing. BTW: I noticed Prepar3d starts flickering when the menu bar of P3D is hided. So I leave it on now and I'm getting the best results!

Great work - again many thanks!

Cheers,

Peter

nabbster

Hello. Sorry for the stupid question.

If using 2 PC's, are you supposed to connect them with a single ethernet cable, or do you need some other network equipment? Thanks

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

This depends a bit on the electronics of your network card. Luckily you can test it easily.

In theory, two PCs cannot be just connected by a straightforward Ethernet cable. In theory, you must have a network switch in between, which for various reasons is a good idea anyway (since it has LEDs so you can SEE what is going on). Such a thing is about $20 for a 4-port one and you can find many of them second-hand. If you have an internet router, there is all the chance it already has four ports.

In previous times, you could buy special crossover or null Ethernet cables that had wires flipped, specially for connecting two PCs directly. However these would shut down any network with a switch in it, so they were considered "dangerous".

Today, most Ethernet cards in anything can detect flipped wires and will just adjust to whatever you use them for.

Hence, connecting two PCs with a straight-through Ethernet cable should be no problem.

You would need to set up either PC with a static IP address, so that they don't start asking each other for one using DHCP. And then simply ping either way to see whether it works. Do you know how to do this?

Lastly... if both your PCs are already connected to a WiFi router, they most likely already can see each other anyway.

Hoppie

nabbster

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Tue, 26 Mar 2019 09:39
This depends a bit on the electronics of your network card. Luckily you can test it easily.

In theory, two PCs cannot be just connected by a straightforward Ethernet cable. In theory, you must have a network switch in between, which for various reasons is a good idea anyway (since it has LEDs so you can SEE what is going on). Such a thing is about $20 for a 4-port one and you can find many of them second-hand. If you have an internet router, there is all the chance it already has four ports.

In previous times, you could buy special crossover or null Ethernet cables that had wires flipped, specially for connecting two PCs directly. However these would shut down any network with a switch in it, so they were considered "dangerous".

Today, most Ethernet cards in anything can detect flipped wires and will just adjust to whatever you use them for.

Hence, connecting two PCs with a straight-through Ethernet cable should be no problem.

You would need to set up either PC with a static IP address, so that they don't start asking each other for one using DHCP. And then simply ping either way to see whether it works. Do you know how to do this?

Lastly... if both your PCs are already connected to a WiFi router, they most likely already can see each other anyway.

Hoppie

Thanks for the reply.

I do have two modern PC's, so I assume that a simple Ethernet cable will do the trick. I will set a static IP for both PC's, and check if they can communicate, I think I know how to do this yes.

From there I will follow the externalsim instructions. I will be back with more questions if I can't get it to work. Cheers.

Bug738

Hi everyone,

I've just successfully installed version 2.5.0 in a test setup on 2 networked systems (one with P3D V4.4 and the other with PSX 10.73). I am using the aircraft model mentioned by Peter in reply #646 and the installation itself worked just fine after following the included description. The router output is really very helpful.

So, many thanks to Mark and Gary (and everyone else involved) for providing this wonderful software to the community. This is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Michael

mokeiko

Thank you everyone for this thread and Mark for PSX.NET ExternalSim. Latest build 2.5.0 working really well (single PC).

Can anyone send me the latest BOAC livery or email a link. I tried goliver one nine eight four [at] gmail.com but never got return email. Much appreciated.

fly safe

Francisco
Francisco Blas

Gary Oliver

Replied this morning,

Hope you got it.

Cheers
g

mokeiko

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the email, I will give this a try today.

Much appreciated

fly safe
Francisco Blas

JohnH

For those interested, I just tried ExternalSim v2.5.0 with the newly released P3D v4.5 and everything seems to work as expected.

Also BACARS by Gary Oliver works fine.

ENVDIR, ENVTEX, ENVSHADE have been updated to work with P3D v4.5

The only product I have which doesn't work is FS Global Real Weather, but I would expect an update will be released soon.

John

Edit: As of today Apr 11, 2019 FS Global Real Weather has also been updated to work with P3D v4.5

SIMU-3G7

Hi Gary
can you be kind to send me your  better model (in the new BOAC repaint) that has proper dynamic lighting if you fancy it? or just send me a link where to download it Please.

Thanks a Lot :-)

gilles.de.moz[at] gmail.com

Happy Landings

Gilles-Gabriel
Up There With The Best Of The Best...