News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Egyptair687

Gary,

thank you, I'll go for it and hope, that frame rates will be the same.
I have the option to buy Version 3 or 4 for the same price, but want to keep up the frame rates, better go for Version 3 ?

Thank you,

Ahmed

Gary Oliver

Ahmed,

I have found v4 to be smoother than 3 on the same hardware and much more reliable as well as a lot better looking.

What's gfx card have you got? I was running a GTX 770 on an i7 skylake and found that it was fine as long as I didn't want dynamic lighting, for dynamic lighting I upgraded to a 1080ti.

Cheers
Gary

Egyptair687

Gary,

it's a GTX 1060 with 3 Gb RAM and a Core i7 920 with 2,66 Ghz quad core CPU. 4 GB of RAM.
Prepar3d V2 is running smooth and great, I wonder, if I can keep uo the frame rates with v4

Gary Oliver

I would suggest even more so than v2 with those specs.

Egyptair687

Thank you Gary, I'll go for it.

Greetings from Hameln,
Ahmed

Adrian FW

I've managed to raise the funds to buy a new single PC on which to run PSX, P3D v4 with PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim in the middle.  I'm getting there with the set-up, many thanks to all who have contributed to this addition to the PSX world.  I'm going to have lots of fun!

I have one issue.  Whenever I do anything in PSX e.g. change heading while in HDG SEL P3D pauses the external view.  I have to focus on the P3D window and press P and movement resumes.  It is OK until I do something else and it pauses again.  Have I missed something obvious?

Thanks,
Adrian

Gary Oliver

Adrian,

Glad to hear you've joined the smooth world of external sim.

In p3d go into the options -> general and you will find an option called "pause on task switch" and turn it off.

Cheers
Gary

Adrian FW

Many thanks Gary that did the trick.  Onward with the setup and config and maybe a little trip EGCC to KJFK later.

Thanks again,
Adrian

Egyptair687

Hello Gary,

today, I switched over to Version 4 and installed everything according to the insctrucion on page 27 in this topic.
Everything is working great and smooth.

Thanks for your help

Ahmed

asboyd

Just wondering if there has been any work done regarding GSX V2...
I like the look and feel of the SODE jetways and passengers coming and going.... :)

Cheers,
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

GodAtum

Hi Gary,

Just wondering how the speeds are reported. According to FSUIPC, the P3D IAS value is being taken from the PSX TAS value?

Mark

SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "PLANE LATITUDE", "radians", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "PLANE LONGITUDE", "radians", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "PLANE ALTITUDE", "meters", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "PLANE PITCH DEGREES", "radians", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "PLANE BANK DEGREES", "radians", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "PLANE HEADING DEGREES TRUE", "radians", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "VELOCITY BODY X", "m/s", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "VELOCITY BODY Y", "m/s", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "VELOCITY BODY Z", "m/s", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "VELOCITY WORLD X", "m/s", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "VELOCITY WORLD Y", "m/s", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "VELOCITY WORLD Z", "m/s", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);
SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, MOVEMENT_DEFINITION, "VERTICAL SPEED", "m/s", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);

The only speeds injected into P3D are the actual speeds computed by the movement of the positional boost variables over the WGS 84 globe model, FSUIPC is probably using the 'VELOCITY BODY Z' value. No speeds are taken directly from normal PSX variables.

Mark

Quote from: asboyd on Wed, 13 Feb 2019 04:07
Just wondering if there has been any work done regarding GSX V2...
I like the look and feel of the SODE jetways and passengers coming and going.... :)

As far as I know, no plans to do any work. If Gary thinks it'll add value to the sim, we could investigate it.

Martin Baker

I can now connect fairly reliably with ExternalSim and am using the model which is linked to earlier in this thread, and which appears in BOAC colours interestingly. One oddity: if I switch the beacon to "both" the visual model's flaps deploy. If I then switch it to "off" or "lower", they retract. Is this the behaviour you would expect?

Martin

speedbird965

Hi Gary,

Just installed Prepare3D v4 and PSX.NET on my PC. Ran the External Sim Configurtation, started PSX with the boost server on, then started P3D External Sim Router and then P3D (all on the same machine)

The SimRouter shows the following information:

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router 2.5.0
Started at:               08/03/2019 14:58:19 (UTC)
Currently:                08/03/2019 15:05:43 (UTC)
PSX server:               127.0.0.1
Loaded config from:       AppData
Feedback publish enabled: False

---PSX Received Counts---------------------------
Boost:                    33584
PSX:                      285
---Published Counts------------------------------
FlightModel:              33583
TimeModel:                2
GearModel:                220
FlapModel:                220
LightingModel:            220
SpoilerModel:             219
ControlSurfaceModel:      219
TransponderModel:         220
BatteryModel:             220
ParkingBrakeModel:        220
RadioModel:               220
EngineModel:              209
---Misc-----------------------------------------
PSX elevation updates:    135
PSX time:                 08/03/2019 15:05:39
Primary P3D Machine Name: DESKTOP-954L5VU
Last 'load1'              08/03/2019 14:58:20 (UTC)
Elevation inhibit:        False
Time sync inhibit:        False
Scheduled time sync:      08/03/2019 19:00:53 (UTC)

---Clients--------------------------------------
Name:                     DESKTOP-954L5VU
GroundModel:              136 [Last RX: 08/03/2019 15:05:43 (UTC)]
WeatherModel:             29 [Last RX: 08/03/2019 15:05:43 (UTC)]
Data:                     Elevation: 25.30m

Unfortunately when I change the aircraft position in PSX nothing happens in P3Dv4. Disabled the windows firewall as well, but nothing helps.

Do you have an idea please?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Peter

JohnH

Hi Peter,

It looks like you are connected ok. Check your P3D options, general and make sure 'pause on task' is unchecked.

When you look at the aircraft in spot view in P3D are the wheels on the runway or below ground?

John

speedbird965

Hi JohnH!

Many thanks for your kind reply!

Pause on task is unchecked and the wheels are on the runway.  So everything seems to be ok. However it does not work   :o

Peter

Gary Oliver

Peter,

Definitely not in slew mode or paused?

Cheers
G

speedbird965

Hi Gary!

Thanks for your help. No slew mode: here is a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czh0q9v7i4rt4v2/Bild2.png?dl=0

Cheers,

Peter