News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

cavaricooper

Mark-

Hope all is well at your end? Have you made any refinements re. traffic and external light controls?  There are absolutely no complaints, just optimism about something good, getting better :).

As ever, I remain obliged.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Britjet

Mark,

P3D ver 4 is coming out on the 30th May. Any thoughts ?
Peter

Gary Oliver

Providing Lockheed Martin haven't retired the external sim functionality, and rumours are they haven't, it should just be a case of recompiliing the DLL and testing it in V4.

Fingers crossed

evaamo

Gary-

Feel free to throw Mark into the cargo hold until he finishes compiling the thing for 64bit, I'll make room for him even if it means lending him a few blankets to overcome the lack of aft cargo heat! :-D
Enrique Vaamonde

Mark

I'm currently in the middle of the countryside with dial-up internet speeds... v4 compatibility TBD next week!

Britjet

cavaricooper

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Chris Kilroy

Britjet

Mark said "TBD" of course - not "TBA".....
I'm sure that being the genius he is, there won't be a problem!
Peter

cavaricooper

Peter-

Surely gratitude can't be premature...?

;)

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Mark

I really appreciate all the positive support! I'll be returning back to civilisation tomorrow, I'm looking forwards to getting my hands on v4.

I've been reading through the developer documentation for v4... some very interesting possibilities, mostly behind the scenes improvements that I'll be looking into.

For any developers following this thread, check out this large change log for v4!
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/what_is_new/new_v40.html

Mark

Update:

I've got ExternalSim working in P3D v4 however it seems that a recent version of PSX has caused an issue with incorrect elevation (i.e. always 0) so I'm going to resolve this first.

Mark

For those who like a bit of adventure to try the 64 bit version in P3D V4:

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim 2.3.1

Install as usual but then go into Aircraft.cfg, locate this line:

ExternalSimModule = PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.dll

change it to:

ExternalSimModule = PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.x64.dll

cavaricooper

Mark-

Downloading now... TA MATE!

Just installed and it correctly positioned my a/c!  Just going for a couple of circuits and bumps at TNCM to check things out. 

I am only just starting to install all the bits and bobs that make up my world wide visuals and so I am hoping to keep v3 running for a bit longer..... While each sim version a/c .cfg file will be different, will this version of ExternalSim work with BOTH platforms (v3 & v4) or do we need to maintain 2 folders (one x32 and one x64)?

Thanks again- C

PS- Works a treat!  I shall have to work OT moving fully to v4 now!
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

evaamo

Mark, thanks so much! Great work!  The fluidity of ExternalSim in P3Dv4 is amazing.

Thank you!
cheers
-E

Enrique Vaamonde

Mark

Quote from: cavaricooper on Mon,  5 Jun 2017 01:50
While each sim version a/c .cfg file will be different, will this version of ExternalSim work with BOTH platforms (v3 & v4) or do we need to maintain 2 folders (one x32 and one x64)?

The 2.3.1 package works with v3.4 and v4.0 - just change the line in the aircraft.cfg for v4.0. Forget the idea of maintaining any kind of x32/x64 folders, it simply isn't required.

(Lower than v3.4 is unsupported by myself for the sake of my sanity. It may work on v3.3 but certainly not any versions significantly lower than this.)

For anyone who is on a very low version of P3D - V4.0 will install side-by-side with V3.x, so this might be a good chance for you to update to V4.0 but still keep your V3.x install whilst you're getting everything working in V4.0.

Britjet

That's brilliant!
Thanks Mark!
Peter

SIMU-3G7

Thanks Mark!
PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim for P3DV4 is working like a charm here. Like the Good wine you are getting better and better.
Keep the good work ahead and many thanks for our community.

Cheers....

Gilles-Gabriel :D
Up There With The Best Of The Best...

joergalv

+1 very happy User. Much smoother than with P3Dv3.
Thank you Mark!!

Joerg

Chris Kilroy

Phooey to all of the "much smoother!" commenters! Now I'm going to have to dive into this in the sim! :(