News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Flex

Yes just tried it and you're correct. I'm using Gary's model and when switching views I can't get back to the original VC. Is there something I should know?

Lastly, I'm guessing external sim isn't compatible with GSX? Changing the cfg to external sim I guess changes how P3D handles it?

Felix

GodAtum

how can i set the parking brake in p3D, so that the VA software can start?

Hessel Oosten

CTRL + . (period) in P3D itself (and FSX), or.. did you mean from PSX to P3D ?

Hessel

Mark

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim 2.1.0 now released. See post 1 of this thread for download link.

Change log:
- Transponder code now set in P3D
- Radio frequencies now set in P3D
- Parking brake now set in P3D

Note 1: If you're upgrading from 2.0.0, the XML files require no change.
Note 2: If you're upgrading from prior to 2.0.0, the XML files need to be replaced.

cavaricooper

Mark-

DL NOW... this is the thread I spend the most time in.... thanks mate!
Ok, downloaded and tried with this latest version, and still I cannot connect.... I have rising numbers in each Published Count.  BTW the TimeModel still takes 2 starts to begin counting.  As far as P3D connectivity- nothing.

PSX, P3D and PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim all reside on the same machine.

I have done as Gary suggested-

1) Start > Run > mmc
2) Add 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security'
3) Right click properties
4) In all 3 profiles (public, private, domain) set the 3 options to 'On','Allow','Allow'

I have even deleted all rules in the Windows Firewall, and then run your ExternalSim.Firewall Program again.  I saw it created 2 rules, and then when I ran PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim Windows Firewall popped up and asked for the third....

In every trial I can connect just fine with v1.8 and cannot with any v2.x .... I would very much appreciate any advice or pointers at this moment... it is beyond me.... and yet, having known what was possible in v1.8 I am thirsty for the waters of v2.1 :)

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Britjet

Carl - are you absolutely sure you haven't got any legacy dll's hanging about on the drive from previous versions?
It might be worth a search?
This tended to be my problem..
Peter

cavaricooper

Peter-

I did a search, and did not find any.... where were yours located?

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Mark

Quote from: cavaricooper on Mon, 20 Feb 2017 14:27
I did a search, and did not find any.... where were yours located?

There should not be any DLLs (with a name like PSX.NET.something.dll) in the main P3D folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

If you're working on 1.8 and you're trying to use 2.1, are you aware that the 2 XML configuration files are not compatible between these versions?

cavaricooper

Mark-

Here is ALL I have installed.  The v2.1 installation uses ONLY v2.1 files- all others are DELETED before copying over.  FWIW I deleted and overwrote the 2 files in Public/documents after seeing the date in the screenie, and that date does not change...

Here is my MMC screenie-

Thanks for all your work!  I look forward to enjoying the fruits of YOUR labour soon! 

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

JohnH

Hi Carl,

Are you using the PSX_747 model? make sure you replace the file PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.dll with the updated file.
The default location would be,,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PSX_747\PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.dll

John

cavaricooper

John-

Yes I am, and yes I have.... I still get the following... (makes no difference if I start with double-clicking the .exe or using the Affinity Setting Batch File....

Thanks for attempting to help, it is appreciated!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Mark

I think your image provides a clue - you're sat at the end of a runway.
If you had the external sim loaded, you'd be in the middle of the sea (Lat: 0, Lon: 0, Alt: 0).

For whatever reason (wrong aircraft selected? category=ExternalSim?), the External Sim is not loaded in P3D.

cavaricooper

Mark-

I have tried enabling LOGGING by changing to TRUE but I get no log file.... I don't really know what else to do.... sorry!

I am using Gary's PSX_747 SimObjects folder and have deleted and then added your NEW .dll file.  This same folder works fine with v1.8 and the old .dll

I just downloaded the folder again, and deleted the contained .dll, added your new 2.1 .dll and selected the a/c- same outcome...

Here is my folder showing ONLY 1 (latest) .dll file

Here is my .cfg file.... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6f5PP5O9uA6enJmVkdOVmRxWG8/view?usp=sharing

I would very much appreciate any thoughts....

Ta!

C

PS- reading Vo's post below, I went and got a new POSKY 744, edited the .cfg, added the dll and still the same result.... sat at the end of the default runway (now in the POSKY 744)....
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Mark,
Version 2.10 works for me, to update the time I have to close the router and reopen again, after that it updates every time.
I use the Posky flightmodel in P3D , and upon landing I sink in the ground,
FeedBackmodel is 0 and  Ground Elevation is NaN
Thanks for all your effort !
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

JohnH

Quote from: cavaricooper on Mon, 20 Feb 2017 17:31
Mark-

I have tried enabling LOGGING by changing to TRUE but I get no log file.... I don't really know what else to do.... sorry!

I am using Gary's PSX_747 SimObjects folder and have deleted and then added your NEW .dll file.  This same folder works fine with v1.8 and the old .dll

I just downloaded the folder again, and deleted the contained .dll, added your new 2.1 .dll and selected the a/c- same outcome...

Here is my .cfg file.... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6f5PP5O9uA6enJmVkdOVmRxWG8/view?usp=sharing

I would very much appreciate any thoughts....

Ta!

C

PS- reading Vo's post below, I went and got a new POSKY 744, edited the .cfg, added the dll and still the same result.... sat at the end of the default runway (now in the POSKY 744)....

your aircraft.cfg file looks good
the only other 2 files to check are
psx.net.p3d.externalsim.router.xml
psx.net.p3d.externalsim.xml

they both go in the folder,,  C:\Users\Public\Documents

what is your setup? are you running all on 1 pc or are you running multiple pc's on a network

John

cavaricooper

John-

They are both there correctly... as I mentioned to Mark- there is NO log being created...

Everything is on 1 PC....

Thank-you!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

lentik

Try this in PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim:

<Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <RouterSubAddress>tcp://<router IP HERE>:10760</RouterSubAddress>
  <FeedbackPubAddress>tcp://<router IP HERE>:10761</FeedbackPubAddress>
  <RouterSubBind>tcp://<router IP HERE>:10760</RouterSubBind>
  <FeedbackPubBind>tcp://<router IP HERE>:10761</FeedbackPubBind>
  <DebugPubBind />
  <DebugLogToFile>false</DebugLogToFile>
</Settings>

RouterSubAddress vs RouterSubBind ...
FeedbackPubAddress vs FeedbackPubBind ...

Im not shure which one is correct, but i think i edited some stuff here. If you run all on one PC you have to fill in the <ROUTER IP HERE> with 127.0.0.1

JohnH

the default file works ok on one pc

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <SettingsVersion>1</SettingsVersion>
  <RouterSubAddress>tcp://localhost:10760</RouterSubAddress>
  <FeedbackPubAddress>tcp://localhost:10761</FeedbackPubAddress>
  <DebugPubBind />
  <DebugLogToFile>false</DebugLogToFile>
</Settings>

When looking at your router.exe. clip it is not the same as mine, I don't have

/B "" /affinity A0 "C:\PSX.NET.P3D.External,,,

Not sure what that is, Mark would know.

John

cavaricooper

Lentik & John-

Thanks!

Yes, the default ought to work on 1 pc.... I'm considering taking up drinking heavily atm ;)

Here are my files....

They "look" ok to me.... but I'm lost... obviously...

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Britjet

Carl,

Mark is correct, of course...

You still have a category=airplane in your aircraft config - halfway down - you have to change all category= lines.
I suggest you do a "find"

Peter