News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

tango4

Hi again guys,

Sorry for the double post but I think you might have missed my post above a few days ago.

I just tested the latest version which seems to be working fine. But as I use default scenery (just improved a bit by ORBX Global products) I have the offset problem. Depending on the airport, PSX scenery and P3d scenery won't agree and I will not be aligned with the runway, which is a bit of a no go for me at the moment.

Just wondered how you deal with it in your sim ? Do you only use payware scenery to ensure quality geo-referencing or is there a workaround ?

Charles

Gary Oliver

Hi Charles,

Like you suggest most of the addon airports fix misplaced runways in P3D.

Most of the places we fly to the runways line up perfectly.  However we do run into problems at some airports. 

Unless doing approaches in bad weather we find we are just a little out requiring a bit of visual approaching and live with the problem.

I wonder if we could reuse the offset files generated by Visual PSX.  I will have a chat with Mark and Garry to check he doesn't mind.

The problem we found with visual PSX offsets was the random slewing of the aircraft on approach.

Cheers
G

tango4

Hi Gary and thanks a lot for your answer.

Another strange thing is that it seems that this problem does not exist with X-View, using X-Plane as a scenery generator. Perhaps X-Plane handles scenery in a different way, or Mike has been able to figure out a clever solution.

Charles

PS: One reason I am highly interested in using P3D as a scenery generator is to take advantage of Active SKY to feed winds aloft through JP744 addon.
So I considered running P3D in the background to allow that connection and use only PSX internal scenery. But the problem is that using PSX.Net.P3d, Prepar3d is the "master" when it comes to ground elevation (logical of course). But for example at LFPG, the runway is lower in P3d than in PSX so I appear below the runway in PSX. Do you know if there would be any easy way to disable that feature ? Probably not, but just asking anyway !

Have a nice day !

cavaricooper

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:16

The problem we found with visual PSX offsets was the random slewing of the aircraft on approach.

Cheers
G

That was the biggest issue with Visual PSX, especially when flying online....

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: tango4 on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:51
Another strange thing is that it seems that this problem does not exist with X-View, using X-Plane as a scenery generator. Perhaps X-Plane handles scenery in a different way, or Mike has been able to figure out a clever solution.

The cause of those offsets isn't strange; it's simple:

FSX standard scenery designers didn't always place their runways according to public databases.

FSX add-on scenery designers mostly placed their runways correctly according to public databases.

X-Plane scenery designers always placed their runways correctly according to public databases.

Regards,

|-|ardy

tango4

I was not aware of the 3rd point about X-Plane. That explains everything.
The good news is,for once, the explanation is simpler than I thought ! Usually, it's the other way round...

cavaricooper

Mark-

I have kept working at it and now the wheels are back!  I can connect to vPilot, however, there is NO voice still....
I updated vPilot to the latest beta- no joy

Next, as I run it in HOST and REMOTE mode, I changed the HOST and REMOTE connect port from the default 8009 to several others, without any success- I can still connect- but NOT join the voice channel....

Also- the FIRST start of PSX.NET P3D tends to have the TimeModel at 0.... if I restart it begins to climb.... and once THAT happens, I can control P3D visual time with PSX sim time....

Any thoughts?  Lest this be mistook for complaining, I want to reiterate my gratitude that you have taken on this arduous task...  Per Ardua ad Astra :)

Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Gary Oliver

I too now hard to restart the router to get the time to update.  One for the issuettes list

Mark

Quote from: cavaricooper on Fri, 20 Jan 2017 19:10
I can still connect- but NOT join the voice channel....

I'm missing something here - why is this related to ExternalSim?

cavaricooper

Mark-

Because it only occurs when using ExternalSim (with Gary's PSX744 aircraft).... with all others vPilot works correctly.

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Frans Spruit

Hi Mark,

ExternalSim2 is working fine. The smoothness is excellent,
for witch many thanks.

Regards,

Frans Spruit

Britjet

Hi Mark,

Still enjoying the wonderful smoothness, but am sadly finding that sometimes the aircraft wheels often don't tie up with the tarmac - they are usually in the air or deeply buried. (Yeah - like my landings, before the jokes start)
I have the ExternalSimData in the Aircraft.cfg file set to 75,75,100 but even changing that doesn't seem to make a difference. As far as I can tell this has only started happening with your recent update, but I'm not completely sure.
I wonder if you have any ideas?
Could this be something to do with flying to airfields with sloped runways?
Thanks!
Peter.

hunijjang

Quote from: Britjet on Fri, 27 Jan 2017 15:40
Hi Mark,

Still enjoying the wonderful smoothness, but am sadly finding that sometimes the aircraft wheels often don't tie up with the tarmac - they are usually in the air or deeply buried. (Yeah - like my landings, before the jokes start)
I have the ExternalSimData in the Aircraft.cfg file set to 75,75,100 but even changing that doesn't seem to make a difference. As far as I can tell this has only started happening with your recent update, but I'm not completely sure.
I wonder if you have any ideas?
Could this be something to do with flying to airfields with sloped runways?
Thanks!
Peter.

Hello Peter

When you look at tires, the tires are never moving and the upper and lower of Beacon lights and Tail nav lights are outside the fuselage of the Gary's PSX B747 aircraft file.

Also, If NAV lights are turned on, the Strobe lights will continue to operate. It is never stopped until be NAV lights are turned off.

Unfortunately, When I tested the PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim 2.0 or lower version to during the starting with the iFly B747-400 latest version,

Its makes to the Prepar3D V3(I am using of the lastest a Professional version) error occurs.

However, with the VisualPSX is working as well with the iFly B747-400 lastest version, At least If there are touch down of the runway, then smoke actions occurs.

Of course there are some have to problems too.

1. Flaps does not synchronized.

2. If turned to Left and right runway turnoff lights or Taxi lights,, then iFLY B747-400s only works to landing lights on only.

Another part I needs to be checked again.

Tomorrow. I will be capture's screen then upload the that video file.

exactly what parts working or what parts not working with the VisualPSX and iFly B747-400 V2 latest version of Combination works.

Anyway, I found this video at youtube, It is so amazing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyQLqycxlkQ : Landing at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport underneath a Boeing 747 - HiRes

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Britjet

Hi Younghoon,

Mark can fix anything. He is a genius. But he is also a busy genius..
I'm happy to wait - envious of your smoking rubber though...
Peter

hunijjang

Quote from: Britjet on Fri, 27 Jan 2017 17:39
Hi Younghoon,

Mark can fix anything. He is a genius. But he is also a busy genius..
I'm happy to wait - envious of your smoking rubber though...
Peter

Hello Peter

I just wanted to let you know my test results and I am not suggesting this case to here.

Yes, Mark is Genius of genius.  :) and It think Its not easy to free developing an without money.

so, I think it is necessary to Donationware, before.

Like you said, Maybe I'm thinking, Mark is updating the this add-on in a busy situation.

I think the minimum method for this add-on to will be updates longer, I think it is better to Donationware than only freeware.

Here's what I think about the idea.

Also that is really better way more than use to them(VisualPSX with the iFLY B747-400 V2 lastest version).

When I bought it, because, I went to use this add-on aircraft, before.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Britjet

My problem is fixed. RTFM issue.
I hadn't assigned my network IP in the PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.xml to the FeedbackPubAddress so the router wasn't getting any runway elevation updates.
Another genius - Gary O - helped with the fix. Many thanks and sorry for the senior moment..
Peter.

hunijjang

Quote from: Britjet on Fri, 27 Jan 2017 19:35
My problem is fixed. RTFM issue.
I hadn't assigned my network IP in the PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.xml to the FeedbackPubAddress so the router wasn't getting any runway elevation updates.
Another genius - Gary O - helped with the fix. Many thanks and sorry for the senior moment..
Peter.

Peter

When you look at tires, the tires are never moving and the upper and lower of Beacon lights and Tail nav lights are outside the fuselage of the Gary's PSX B747 aircraft file? and Does the smoke to when you touch down? or Does everyone work well?

Ah, I checked this again : https://youtu.be/LGKsxEYhCxc There are not seems to like this...

Thanks

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Flex

Hello,

I've got this up and running and it seems to be working Okay.
I have found however the landing gear wont retract (visually) and I have little control over the external lights. The strobe light is also a long way aft of the a/c. What am i missing?

Felix

JohnH

I find sometimes that after I run PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router.exe some of the items listed in Published Counts show '0'. So I close it then re-start and check the items listed do not show a '0'

John

Quote from: Felixsaddler on Sat, 11 Feb 2017 18:49
Hello,

I've got this up and running and it seems to be working Okay.
I have found however the landing gear wont retract (visually) and I have little control over the external lights. The strobe light is also a long way aft of the a/c. What am i missing?

Felix

Mark

Quote from: JohnH on Sat, 11 Feb 2017 20:05
I find sometimes that after I run PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Router.exe some of the items listed in Published Counts show '0'. So I close it then re-start and check the items listed do not show a '0'

Absolutely right. I've just fixed this in my internal build so this should be a thing of the past in the next public release.