News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

Ivo de Colfmaker

Carl,
I to have  EZCA but do not use it, it  somethimes screws up my views, maybe because I use  1mouse and keyboard for both pc's.

i see no reason for it because there is no VC in PSX, and the outside view shows no panel. if you want it to use with other aircraft I suggest you remove the entry in the  exe.xml, this way you can start it whenever you want.

Since you run all on 1 pc there should not be any firewall issue.

I use a cleaned Posky file, with only 1 livery, would you like me to  see if I can put it in dropbox for you to try?
Ivo

A day at this forum is a day learned!

cavaricooper

Ivo-

That would be greatly appreciated- Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

here you go, the dll is already in place, and the aircraft.cfg done.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15927645/Boeing_747_400_OP.zip
ivo

cagarini

How does PSX.NET cope with runway alignement problems ?

Regarding weather, a 3pd injcetor like ASN or default P3D weather must be used to feed P3D with the weather, right ? Or does PSX.NET also have the option to inject weather from PSX into P3D ?

Thx

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Jose
No weather injection, you have to use AS next or FSX opus to get the weather!
I have both and AS next is for me the best ,  one big advantige for me is the option to import a weather scenario you use in PSX,  and get the same weather in P3D.

The few times I used  PSX .net i did not have any alignment problem.

And I was very sceptic to upgrade to windows 10, but have to admit it makes for me  a huge difference.
Maybe it's the new drivers for my GPU, I don't know, but it runs as smooth as butter, for the first time I now have the same feeling as flying  in prepared itself, no lag, no stutter,
Tommorow gonna give it a go on 3 monitors, very curious!
Ivo

Mark

Quote from: cavaricooper on Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:16
Is the fact that I am running on 2 separate HDs causing this?

There isn't anything in the code that explicitly relies on everything running on C drive. The public documents folder (where the config file is located) is referenced in the code as:

string file = Path.Combine(System.Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.CommonDocuments), name + ".xml");

So you see this loads the path from the registry rather than a hard coded path thus running on different drives should be fine.

Mark

Quote from: jcomm on Tue, 28 Jun 2016 19:28

Regarding weather, a 3pd injcetor like ASN or default P3D weather must be used to feed P3D with the weather, right ? Or does PSX.NET also have the option to inject weather from PSX into P3D ?

We've not noticed any issues with runway alignment in our sim, I think that might be due to choosing good scenery add-ons?

No weather injection. I'm not planning any weather injection soon either.

Mark

cavaricooper

I've just caught up on the last few pages of this thread and was saddened to see you're still having issues.

- Does the aircraft move in P3D as PSX moves?

If so, I still suspect a firewall issue.
I'm struggling to think of other causes... there is a very tiny chance you already have something else bound to ports 10760/10761/10762 but that's unlikely.

cavaricooper

IVO:
First, thanks!  I DL your file, deleted my FSX 747 folder and tried- no luck- exactly the same issue as before.

MARK:
I have checked Firewall permissions and there in an incoming and outbound rule for the router allowing all connections.  There is NO P3D movement.

I do have ports open and in use, however, they are 6811, 500, 29800, 29764... not the mentioned ones....

BTW- w/o Wx injection Wx should be fine for METAR based scenarios around airfields, but how do you solve the waypoint winds issue enroute at FLs in you sim?

Starting to feel a bit helpless... but keeping the faith :)

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cagarini

Ivo and Mark, thx for your answers.

I'm planning to use the successor of ASN with it, just to check how it goes :-)

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: jcomm on Tue, 28 Jun 2016 19:28

Thx

I ran into a slight misalignment problem at TJSJ when I was first trying it out, but later found out that the stock P3D TJSJ scenery has runway placement issues. Since replacing the stock scenery with that from LatinVFR, the alignment issue corrected itself. I've flown probably 30 ILS's (and a fair few RNP/RNAVs) to other runways since then with ZERO alignment issues whatsoever.

+1 Vote for OpusFSI here. It's fantastic, and the weather data (at least by comparing full-text METARs) matches what PSX pulls down from the internet perfectly.

cagarini

Chris, thank you for the additional info.

Are you using the "combination" in a single PC ?

Chris Kilroy

Quote from: jcomm on Wed, 29 Jun 2016 06:42
Chris, thank you for the additional info.

Are you using the "combination" in a single PC ?

Not quite, lol. I have 3 image channel PCs (for the left, center, and right projectors) each running a copy of the PSX.net client and P3D, 3 additional PCs running PSX for the instruments and avonics (with the "main" PSX computer, which serves as the Instructor Station, running the boost server), and a seventh, separate PC solely running an instance of PSX along with the PSX.net Router in order to take advantage of a constant, stable 72fps data feed over the network to the PSX.net clients. OpusFSI server is running on the center IG computer, with clients on the other two IGs (to keep the weather synced up) as well as another client, also on the Instructor Station PSX machine, to allow me to manipulate the weather, tie it up with flight plans, etc.

cagarini

OMG   8)  ....

That's quite the opposite of my setup .... Will probably give it a try anyway :-)

Thx again!

Ivo de Colfmaker

hi Carl,
Sorry to hear that,
Maybe a stupid suggestion,  but  like I said  for me it worked when I installed win 10 and P3D all over again,
It sure will not be installing win 10, but what it did also whas enabling  both firewalls,  with both firewalls enabled  when starting P3D it asked me if it could be  thrusted .
Maybe if you delete all the rules regarding  P3D , enable all firewalls, to force  the firewall window to open  , it will work then?
Just a thought.

Thinking what Chris said, I run PSX with 3 monitors , and the main and boost server. Often the frame rate drops to the mid 40's , depending on which data it has to display.
Would it benifit me to run a second instance on the same machine, with a rescaled window as small as possible, to get stable frames, and run the boost server from this client?
Ivo

Greg Hateley

Quote from: Chris Kilroy on Wed, 29 Jun 2016 07:14

Not quite, lol. ......................................................, tie it up with flight plans, etc.
Wow, what a set up.
Hey Chris, I am about to embark on a 3 projector setup myself soon. Any chance I could pick your brains on what works and doesn't in terms of PC hardware, graphics cards ect? I am very interested in what you have done. Could you PM me and I will reply.
Regards
Greg

G-CIVA

Quote from: cavaricooper on Tue, 28 Jun 2016 22:54but how do you solve the waypoint winds issue enroute at FLs in you sim?

Starting to feel a bit helpless... but keeping the faith :)

Best- C

With PSXAloft running in 'dynamic mode' like you already have WITHOUT ANY ASN FP to lock it in .... it just pushes live ASN upper winds abv F200 into PSX via SimConnect???
Steve Bell
aka The CC

cavaricooper

Oh brilliant! I'm not sure why now, but I thought PSXAloft was VisualPSX centric. Now, if I can just solve my connection issue....

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

bublegom

Hi,

All is working well except PSXseeconTraffic. I use PSXseeconTraffic 2.2. It connects to the scenery generator (p3d v3) and to PSX.
In the right side of the PSXseeconTraffic window the number of aircrafts increases but I do not see the traffic in P3D. On the left side of the window the number of aircraft stays always at 0 and I do not have traffic in PSX.

Regards

François

kiek

Quote from: bublegom on Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:09
All is working well except PSXseeconTraffic.
Wat does the .log file tells you? Could you post it here, please.
Nico