News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

GodAtum

Quote from: evaamo on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 23:51
Hey guys, if any of you is using the POSKY model (from the Megapack posted above), I found these values for the eyepoint to work pretty well:

eyepoint=64.8, -2.0, 10.9

Zoom .50

cheers
-E

What camera in p3D do you use?

GodAtum

Quote from: Mark on Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:08
Andrea

Delete the 1.6.0 files:
PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Managed.dll
PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.Managed.Wrapper.dll
to get 1.7.1 to work (1.7.1 only requires the PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim.dll file)

Joerg

Thanks for pointing out the time issue, the fix for this is now in the next version, not yet released.

Hi Mark, thank you for the continuing development :) I upgraded to 1.7.1 from 1.6.0 but now when I load into P3D, P3D suddenly disappears with no errors in the Windows logs.

Zapp

Thanks Mark, that did it. Now I have a perfectly functioning 1.7.1 version tested on a nostalgic (for me) Singapore - Perth flight. Perfectly smooth with clouds and Orbx Australia + Jandakot (notoriously heavy).

Great job sir!

Andrea

noels7

Hi Mark

Congratulations on your fine piece of software to enhance our enjoyment of PSX and P3D.
However, I have had to resort to reusing VisualPSX until the problem I have been chasing is rectified.

I have read all the posts in this topic many times but my problem remains.
Firstly:
1. Downloaded and installed Project Opensky 747-400 ER in P3D Ver 3.3.5 Sim Objects folder.
    Aircraft (747-400 ER)  runs (engines running, all gauges appear to be working, am able to select2D or Virtual
    cockpit panels and gear down in P3D using VisualPSX.   
2. Downloaded PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim 1.7.1 and installed all items as per included PDF. Have tried Version
    1.6.0. ( Problem the same).
3. Removed all remnants of VisualPSX from Aerowinx and User/Roaming/Lockheed Martin.
4. Windows firewall allows inward/outward connections. (Have also tried disabling firewall - problem remains) 
5. Aircraft (747-400 ER)  runs in P3D when PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim is installed but with problems.

I believe that PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim is working as 1st attachment shows:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/06/23/External.jpg

Next attachment shows a stationary position of PSX 747:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/06/23/PSXposition.jpg

Finally and here is the main problem I experience when PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim is in use:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/06/23/P3DVer3.3.5.jpg

As can be seen from last attachment, No aircraft displayed. Black object a runway entrance is I presume the virtual cockpit. Outside of aircraft reveals no wheels on aircraft or on the pavement. I can get 2d panel using F10 on keyboard but not virtual cockpit via F9. Finally no engines are running and no buttons etc on panel are operating in stark contrast to the same scenario when using  VisualPSX where everything is running smoothly.
I use single computer with PSX and P3D installed but drag P3D to 2nd monitor when using PSX.

My apologies for such a long post but would appreciate some assistance/advice with the problems described.

Many thanks

Noel Southam
noels7
YPAD

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,
my apologies for this late reply.

To Joerg
I tried your advice and it do works. Thank you sir for that, although I can not see the logic, open all doors and the cat can't come in, close 1 door and she can enter.
But it works,

and to Mark

Amazing smoothness, this makes PSX  and PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim a wonderful combo.
Thank you sir for that.

To Garry , also a big thanks for all the years of dedicated enthusiasm to make our flight experience great fun  and  more realistic .

Mark, I can confirm that version 1.7.1 now works  with  my 2 pc's, when disabling the local firewall settings on both pc's, and the public firewalls on both pc's enabled.
this is  the only way it works.
I also noticed that even when working correct the connection status of  the router->P3D stays unknown .the router<-P3d stays  not connected.

Now is the model in P3D of the 747 designed to be used in 2D panel state?
In 3D if have the same odd screen  as Noels .
the benefit of 3D panel state is  that you can pan around with the hat switch  , in 2D you only have  left, right, back and forward .
So I personally would not mind to have  no panel shown in a 3D view.

ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

cavaricooper

Mark-

I am far from my sim and reading all of this with rapt attention.  The smooth motion of PSX transferring into P3D was my only niggle with VisualPSX and reading this post it would appear that you have conquered this last hurdle.

I will not return to my simulator until next week, and until then will keep salivating at the thought of the perfect flare.

Thank-you so very much!

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Mark

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Thu, 23 Jun 2016 18:01
I also noticed that even when working correct the connection status of  the router->P3D stays unknown .the router<-P3d stays  not connected.

This indicates to me that you still don't have full connectivity, you'll probably notice ground elevation problems as a result.

With regards to the black box - I suspect you don't have the eyepoint and/or camera set correctly. The ExternalSim module sets the aircraft model position only, not any camera positions.

Mark

I should probably point out that the ExternalSim module is only intended to make P3D act as a scenery generator for PSX. There is no design reasons why you couldn't use 2D or 3D cockpits in P3D (I am just setting aircraft position based on the data coming from PSX) but I'm not specifically aiming to make this work.

evaamo

Quote from: GodAtum on Tue, 21 Jun 2016 20:42

That would be "Virtual Cockpit" (F9 key).

Ivo, I had the same issue you're having. I reckon you're using POSKY Megapack? If you are, it uses a 3D Virtual Cockpit. Try using these values:

It did the trick for me. Hope this helps.
Cheers
-E
Enrique Vaamonde

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi E,
thanks, but it did not changed anything, still this little panel piece.
do use the Posky megapack, but tried with default stock FSX , the same problem.

Mark, you are right, no ground elevation no feedback model, and no PSX elevation updates.
Will keep searching
ivo

GodAtum

Quote from: evaamo on Thu, 23 Jun 2016 19:02
Quote from: GodAtum on Tue, 21 Jun 2016 20:42

That would be "Virtual Cockpit" (F9 key).

Ivo, I had the same issue you're having. I reckon you're using POSKY Megapack? If you are, it uses a 3D Virtual Cockpit. Try using these values:

It did the trick for me. Hope this helps.
Cheers
-E

I was stupid. I left the ddls from 1.6 inside the P3D folder so it kept crashing. Now it seems to work fine. I get the plane in exterior view, and a 3D cockpit. Both router statuses are connected. I am running everything one 1 PC with POSKY model.

How are you viewing from the virtual cockpit? Do you just zoom so you cannot see the panels?

Ivo de Colfmaker

http://www.hoppie.nl/forum/var/reverse1.jpg

use normal zoom 1, this is 4 and it looks like I see something from the back, mirrored
ivo

Ivo de Colfmaker

got it, it seems my view is from within the cabin, used fsi opus to move my eye point before  the nose.
made a new  virtual camera  point , now good to go.
for the moment running  PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim on the Prepard machine, and the  main and boost server on the PSX machine.
It works fine.
thanks
ivo

GodAtum

Quote from: Ivo de Colfmaker on Thu, 23 Jun 2016 21:12
got it, it seems my view is from within the cabin, used fsi opus to move my eye point before  the nose.
made a new  virtual camera  point , now good to go.
for the moment running  PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim on the Prepard machine, and the  main and boost server on the PSX machine.
It works fine.
thanks
ivo

Glad to hear, i dont use any view addons atm.

Britjet

Hi Mark,

1.7.1 is working well for me.
Thanks so much!

Peter

Greg Hateley

Hi Mark,
Same here. 1.71 working too.
Just a small note to say that ASN crashes on the first start then works on the second while running External sim.

Regards
Greg

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Mark,

congratulations on your new add-on!

I have no Windows, so I can't test it; nevertheless it's obvious to me that you have developed a fantastic add-on! :-)

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Britjet

I've done some measurements using the Boeing Airport planning manual and some fiddling with P3D views and I have found that with the POSKY 747..

92.5, -2, 10.7 works well.

Peter

Thepsxflyer

Just to confirm, this is for P3D only and will not work with FSX?

Tony

Chris Kilroy

Hi Mark,

Just as information, I upgraded from 1.6.0 to 1.7.1 just so I'd be ready for any future enhancements, and 1.7.1 introduced very noticeable stutters on all three of my image channels. Simple motion like moving straight ahead on the runway is still smooth, but when making turns (either on the ground or in the air), things became very slideshow-ish with noticeable brief stutters a couple times each second. I rolled back to 1.6.0 and things were immediately back to smooth-as-buttery goodness.

For what it's worth!