News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim

Started by Mark, Fri, 17 Jun 2016 14:05

cavaricooper

Peter-

I began with the assumption that it was user error.... I still believe it to be so... however, I am adrift atm...

I deleted the PSX_747 folder, started fresh with a Cargloux POSKY SCD Freighter...
added the .dll from v 2.1 and edited the .cfg (finding both entries this time).

Restarted everything... still no connection. 

Re-downloaded Gary's PSX_747 folder, and reinstalled latest v2.1 .dll from a fresh DL from Mark

Edited the .cfg to add Category = externalsim (IN 2 LOCATIONS THIS TIME).

Still nada...

What baffles me is that I can work it all flawlessly with v1.8....

Thanks for helping, I'm at my wits end (albeit that's not very far)!

:)

C

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Carl,
Still struggling myself here, 1.80 worked for me also and 2.10 moves my aircraft, but ,
No FeedBack model, it is 0
No Ground Elevation, it reads NaN
No Elevation updates
No name for my P3D machine
And no client name

Tried every setting I can think off, sure it is a firewall thing, but do not find a solution.

In the end thinking of running PSX server minimized on the P3D machine, and the computer running the instrument screens as clients,

But you run  all on 1 machine, that is even more weird.
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Ivo de Colfmaker

Just thinking, does it has to be . NET 4.5.1?
i have version 6 installed

Ivo

cavaricooper

Ivo-

I have NO idea at the moment... spent all day trying various things without success. 

In re. your.... In the end thinking of running PSX server minimized on the P3D machine, and the computer running the instrument screens as clients" that's basically what I do... have PSX Boost Server and P3D on the SAME machine, with the PSX window tiny (only showing the elevator trim strip at a steady 72 FPS).

I am ready to kick the cat (and I don't have one) so I shall take Peter's advice and walk the dog (don't have one of those either)....

;)

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Carl,
Do you have .NET 4.5.1?
Or also a higher version?
Ivo

Mark

I'd be happy to use TeamViewer to log into your PC and take a look. You should be able to click on the envelope icon near my username on the left of this post to send me a message with your teamviewer login details.

Mark

Last message is for Carl or Ivo, but I'm only around for the next 30 minutes otherwise we'll pick this up another day.

cavaricooper

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Ivo de Colfmaker

Thanks Mark,
Tried it on 1 machine and it works like a charm, so it is for sure a firewall thing.
thanks for  your offer,
If I can't resolve it I might take you up for it.
Gonna write down the things I have done tommorow, and post them
In the mean time I hope you can help Carl.
For Carl, if you like I send you my Posky aircraft file, it works here.
Ivo

Ivo de Colfmaker

The next 2 days they gonna upgrade the internet connection in my street to glassfiber, possible for 2 days no internet , tv, and phone.
Back to the Flinstones.
Ivo

cavaricooper

Well Chasps-

Some GOOD NEWS.... 15 minutes with the Master and I was good to go.... turns out the latest version of PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim needs the latest Simconnect version (contained in P3D v3.4) and I had rolled back to v3.3 for some VAS testing with another airframe.... as usual an 1D1_OT error.

Mark sorted it in no time... and allest gut once more..... I haven't flown the increased smoooooooothness of v2.1 so I am very much looking forward to the next PSX session.....

THANKS MARK- YOU'RE A STAR!

C

PS- For others with issues (Vo double check your P3D version)-
      Mark's Firewall Program does the trick
      Use P3D v 3.4x

PPS- Mark is aware of the time stamp issue (requiring 2 starts)
        Also, for some reason, the RA/TA selection does not squawk MODE C anymore (I did update vPilot today)

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Hessel Oosten

One -one- PC all is functioning great here.
Very happy.

Thanks Mark !

Hessel

Mark

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim 2.1.1 now released. See post 1 of this thread for download link.

Change log:
- Fixed bug with incorrect radio frequency in vPilot at the 0.025 and 0.075 intervals
- Fixed bug with some router counts remaining at 0 (this should therefore mean you don't have to restart the router anymore)

Note 1: If you're upgrading from 2.0.0 onwards, the XML files require no change.
Note 2: If you're upgrading from prior to 2.0.0, the XML files need to be replaced.

Frans Spruit

Hi Marc,

Works in one go!
Thank you very much,

Regards

Frans

cavaricooper

Ta Mark- A flawless update!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

JohnH

Thanks for all your work Mark, the updates is working perfect!

John

Flex

Works great but I seem to get a drastic drop in FPS when switching from the default 747 to Gary's PSX model set up as external sim. Im running on an i7 with a gtx1080 and usually find the sim runs at 40-60fps with my current settings using lets say the A2A Cherokee; when i load up Gary's PSX model the fps drop to between 20-30. Any ideas?

Mark

Do you still get the FPS drop if you use Gary's 747 whilst *not* in ExternalSim mode? If so, it sounds like a normal quirk of a complex visual model... not really ExternalSim related. If you do find a 747 model with a better FPS... I'd be interested to hear about it so I can test it with ExternalSim.

Flex

Mark

PSX.NET.P3D.ExternalSim 2.2.0 now released. See post 1 of this thread for download link.

Change log:
- vPilot Mode S and Ident now operable from PSX
(Mode S trigger = ALT RPTG ON and transponder switch not on STBY.)
(Ident trigger = IDNT button. 20 second timeout exists before IDNT can be pressed again.)
- Engine states now set in P3D
(Engine is 'on' when fuel flow > 300 kg/h)

Note 1: If you're upgrading from 2.0.0 onwards, the XML files require no change.
Note 2: If you're upgrading from prior to 2.0.0, the XML files need to be replaced.