News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

WX RADAR & ATC CONTROL PANELS

Started by 744sim, Sat, 21 May 2016 13:43

744sim

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for the Supplier Name and Part Number of the following B747-400 original modules, with exactly the same exterior appearance like PSX (thank you Hardy!):

- Weather Radar Control Panel
- ATC Control Panel

As know, both panels are placed on P8 panel (pedestal).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Javier / Barcelona (Spain)

John H Watson

The weather radar control panel is the Collins 622-5130-801. This number is found in an online pdf file for the Collins Multiscan WXR-2100.

The ATC Control Panel, I believe, is the Gables G6990-24 (Do a Google search for this number and "panel variant descriptions")

Hope this helps
Rgds
JHW

John H Watson

Looks like Gables has brought out a modification for their ATC/TCAS panels to annunciate ADS-B failures

http://www.gableseng.com/gei/product/atc-tcas-ads-b/

744sim

Thank you, John! Is exactly what I need.

Best Regards,

the mad hatter

wonder what that puppy costs and if they can convert exisiting

John H Watson

I can't imagine airlines will want to go through all the extra expense

For G6990 and G6992 models, the control panel modification consists of:

Replacing the LCD module with new module with ADSB fail annunciator on LCD glass.
    Replacing two printed circuit board assemblies to process ADS-B Fault input discrete.

For G7490 and G7492 models, the control panel modification consists of:

Replacing the front bezel assembly to add the ADS-B annunciator.
    Add wiring for the ADS-B fault discrete input.

And that's just the panel

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Interesting that it sits on the 115VAC bus. Typically this means it is not considered emergency equipment. I wonder what the actual transponder gets to power it (and assume that the panel is not required for the transponder to keep working)?

Airframers love 115VAC power and try to feed as much of the aircraft this power as it is much more abundant than 28VDC. But when the s*** hits the fan, 28VDC is available in small quantities for much longer than 115VAC. Adding inverters is likely a hack. They are not very efficient.

Hoppie

744sim

WXR DUAL CONTROL PANEL
P/N: 622-5130-801

Unit Price Reference: $16016.00 USD (Year 2003)

Rgds,

John H Watson

QuoteInteresting that it sits on the 115VAC bus. Typically this means it is not considered emergency equipment. I wonder what the actual transponder gets to power it (and assume that the panel is not required for the transponder to keep working)?

There's an option to run the Left ATC system on 115vac Standby Power. British Airways has this option. Under normal conditions, if the Right ATC is selected, the Upper and Lower ATC Antennas are connected to the Right ATC transponder, but the antenna switching is controlled by DC Bus #2. Without main bus dc power, the antenna switch automatically returns to the left ATC transponder.