News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RELEASED: Open beta of PSXseeconTraffic

Started by kiek, Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:10

kiek

Hi,

Today I've released an open beta version of my (free) PSXseeconTraffic add-on for PSX. It builds upon Balt's and Garry's work.
With it you can fly with REAL LIFE / REAL TIME (-30 seconds) traffic in FSX SP2 or Prepar3D versions 2.5 or later.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- you need Balt's "RealTraffic for PSX", version 5.0.17 or later, Windows version;
- you need Garry's VisualPSX or Mark's PSX.NET P3D ExternalSim;
- you need my (free) tool to generate a list of your installed AI Aircraft liveries;
- you have to set your AI traffic sliders in FSX/P3D to 0%!;
- for FSX:  do not select "Aircraft cast shadows on the ground" in your Scenery generator;
- make sure you have real life / real-time weather in PSX.

More information (Manual, Download info) can be found at [url=http://www.lekseecon.nl/PSXseeconTraffic.html]my website

Merry Christmas!

Nico

EDIT: July 3, 2018:  Version 9.39 is up.

Hessel Oosten

I tried it in the mean time (as could be expected from another Dutchman) and it works great.

Spectacular experience to fly between ... ;) real aircraft in real time and to see them in the ND (Balt) -and- in the scenery generator (Garry and now Nico in another way).

I couldn't resist to follow some aircraft into their ILS pattern.

Important to install as many as possible AI-aircraft from freeware libraries (instructions in manual).

Thanks Nico !

Hessel

Hessel Oosten

I realised later on that strickty speaking the internet data come from Balt's RealTraffic,
and that PSXseecon generates the visuals in the ND (and the data in de CDU).

H.

kiek

Version 1.0.2 is available.

issues fixed:

* aircraft taxi sideways 
* aircraft taxi in reverse
* aircraft take-off sideways

rgrds,
Nico

Garry Richards

Congratulations Nico! You've created an addon that extends the PSX experience even further. Well done!

Cheers,
Garry

kiek

Quote from: Garry Richards on Sun, 27 Dec 2015 18:20
Congratulations Nico! You've created an addon that extends the PSX experience even further. Well done!
Thank you Garry, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Nico

kiek

Version 1.0.3 is available.

Issue solved: in FSX, Error 42

Detection of landing altitude improved.

rgrds,
Nico

GodAtum

Thanks for developing this addon. Maybe I'm confused but how does this improve on RealTraffic?

kiek

PSXseecontraffic not only injects the max (7) aircraft that are in TCAS range to PSX, it also injects ALL traffic within 40nm in your Scenery Generator (FSX or Prepar3D v2.5+), by generating the right liveries for it. It is similar to what vPilot does with VATSIM traffic.

PSXseeconTraffic updates the position of traffic in your Scenery Generator 20 times per second, so it looks smooth. It also controls gear and lights.

The Traffic that PSXseeconTraffic injects in PSX to be made visisible on the Captains ND is more stable than that of RealTraffic. This is due to the internal buffering of 40 seconds, which makes it possible for PSXseecontraffic to take care of erorrs and hick-up's.

Read more at my my website. You may find there a link to a  short You Tube video too.

Nico

kiek

Britjet

Hi Nico

Thanks for the 1.04 update. I had a very successful flight LSZH to EHAM just now with LIVEATC providing the ATC  at the same time - great fun to see the aircraft live. I followed a Transavia 737 all the way from Top of Descent, landing, behind him on the taxiway and parked next to him - great fun!
I am sure the 40-second buffer is a nice idea - it clashes a little with the live atc but one learns to make allowances for it.
One thing - I find that P3D only shows a "label" on the traffic when it is within about 10 miles - have you or anyone any idea on how to extend the label range? The aircraft are there in P3D but difficult to spot at distance - I would like to cheat a bit :-)

Again - many thanks!

Peter

BW901

Hi Nico,

Many thanks for your work on this. I used the initial release before guests arrived for Christmas and was mesmerised watching arrivals and departures at Abu Dhabi with different P3D camera views. Real world traffic injection adds a whole new dimension to the sim. After family had left I tried v3 last week, but it seems unstable on my PC so I'll install v4 ASAP (unfortunately I deleted the original release file).

Could there be a future option to assign aircraft model/livery by aircraft registration as well as by airline prefix?

There seem to be a few software options available to delay audio aimed at synchronising radio commentary of sporting events to (delayed) TV picture feed. Running LiveATC on an Iphone or Ipad with headphone jack to PC sound card looks like it could work. Another gadget to add to the rig, at this rate we'll have the kettle and microwave hooked up to PSX next! Then we'll need an App to auto-tune LiveATC.....

Thanks again. As Britjet rightly said - great fun!  ;D ;D

Cheers
Jon

PS. Also big thanks to Balt and Garry!

kiek

Hi Peter,
Yes it is very interesting indeed to see real traffic.

Hessel came up with the idea to-optionally- let the landing aircraft stay (in the Scenery Generator) at the gate for say 45 minutes (Easyjet and Ryanair 25 minutes :-) ), instead of removing them when they are no longer in RealTraffics foreflight stream. That would make the airport look even more real. Of course one should not tick the Airports scenery option to have static aircrafts at gates.

Quote from: Britjet on Sun,  3 Jan 2016 22:34
One thing - I find that P3D only shows a "label" on the traffic when it is within about 10 miles - have you or anyone any idea on how to extend the label range? The aircraft are there in P3D but difficult to spot at distance - I would like to cheat a bit :-)
I don't know, I'm sorry, maybe someone else can join in.

Regards
Nico

kiek

Hi Jon,
Quote from: BW901 on Mon,  4 Jan 2016 15:04
Could there be a future option to assign aircraft model/livery by aircraft registration as well as by airline prefix?
No that's not possible I'm afraid, while the aircraft registration information is not in the Foreflight data stream that I am getting from Balt's ReafTraffic add-on.

Regards,
Nico

BW901

OK no problem Nico. I think UT2 has a facility to randomise the livery it displays where there's more than one available for a particular airline/aircraft combination, but this is really just a nice to have to allow variation and special liveries to be displayed.

Once again thanks so much for making our PSX world even better.

Jon

kiek

Quote from: BW901 on Mon,  4 Jan 2016 17:30
I think UT2 has a facility to randomise the livery it displays where there's more than one available for a particular airline/aircraft combination,
PSXseeconTraffic already randomises the livery, if here are more then one posssibilities for an airline/aircraft combination...
So install as much liveries as you can. I have 5843 ;-)

Nico

Frans Spruit

Hi Nico,

Installed everything today....... and i like it.

Cheers,

Frans Spruit

Zapp

Hi, I am using P3D3 as a scenery generator. Connection works,  sees 68 liveries, but then it doesn't send any aircraft either to P3D or PSX (PSX works with traffic injection from RealTraffic tho).

The log file has one line for each aircraft in the area, saying that it could not be created. Maybe I didn't install the AI models in the right directory? I just installed the WOAI models in a folder called WOAI in P3D3/SimObjects/Airplanes

Thank'you

Andrea

kiek

Quote from: Zapp on Tue,  5 Jan 2016 10:19
(PSX works with traffic injection from RealTraffic tho).
That's not right, you should tick Disable PSX traffic injection in RealTraffic.

Quote from: Zapp on Tue,  5 Jan 2016 10:19
Maybe I didn't install the AI models in the right directory? I just installed the WOAI models in a folder called WOAI in P3D3/SimObjects/Airplanes
You did not indeed, you should install WoAI aircraft in a separate folder ../SimObjects/WoAI
and do not forget to add an entry to that folder in the P3Dv3's simobjects.cfg file  (in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg

Then run VMRGenerator's Pass1.exe to generate an AI_liveries.txt file

rgrds,
Nico

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi Nico,
thanks for this great add on , it is a real treat to see all this traffic in real time rolling over the tarmac, landing and taking off.

there are some programs that handle ground services for FSX or P3D, nice to watch, but this is so much better.
together with real ATC and the flightradar24 app on my Ipad it looks like I am standing beside the runway, I have now a worldwide spotter place!
And flying amongst them is great fun, Thank you so much !

I know nothing of programming, and it might be a dumb remark, but
"Hessel came up with the idea to-optionally- let the landing aircraft stay (in the Scenery Generator) at the gate for say 45 minutes (Easyjet and Ryanair 25 minutes :-) ), instead of removing them when they are no longer in RealTraffics foreflight stream. "

I suspect that when they are injected from the RealTraffic foreflight stream they are positioned at the correct gate?
Can it not be done then that  whenever a new plane occupies a gate the old plane  automatically is been removed?
just a thought,
ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!