News:

Precision Simulator update 10.178 (27 September 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Problem to post within the forum

Started by JP59, Sun, 28 Jun 2015 18:09

JP59

Hello guys,

Since about two weeks I have problems to post messages on this forum. I try from my Ipad (safari) and laptop (chrome) the problem is the same. I fill the text message, and when I press ok to send, the page reloads with the message box empty, and the message is not send.

To send this message, I had to try many times. Do you have the same problem ?

Thanks

tango4

Hardy Heinlin

No problem here either.

Jean-philippe, are you using any wireless stuff?

|-|ardy

JP59

Hello Hardy,

Yes I am using a wireless connection. I disabled IPV6 on my router and it seems to work fine now. I can post from my iPad.

Will report if the problem persists.

Thanks.

cdpohl

For those who run OS X on a MAC and have problems to log in, check the following link on how to disable/reenable IPv6, which is the 'culprit'. I can not do this thru the router, unless I missed things, but OS X offers a way out of it. I suggest you use it as a temporary measure while you spend time in the Forum.

I changed over to IP-based telephony and required a new router from Telekom-Germany. As a consequence, I could no longer log in while in the 744Forum.

http://osxdaily.com/2014/04/18/disable-ipv6-mac-os-x/

JP59

I confirm disabling IPV6 on my router solved all my login and posting issues, both on my Win7 laptop, and my IOS 8.2 iPad.

Cheers

Hardy Heinlin

I wonder why these devices cannot handle both Ipv4 and Ipv6. Other systems can do it, luckily, otherwise we would get a world-wide desaster.

|-|

tim96

Quote from: cdpohlFor those who run OS X on a MAC and have problems to log in, check the following link on how to disable/reenable IPv6, which is the 'culprit'. I can not do this thru the router, unless I missed things, but OS X offers a way out of it. I suggest you use it as a temporary measure while you spend time in the Forum.

I changed over to IP-based telephony and required a new router from Telekom-Germany. As a consequence, I could no longer log in while in the 744Forum.

http://osxdaily.com/2014/04/18/disable-ipv6-mac-os-x/

That ist exactly the same problem as i have. Post it recently here on the forum with my solution. Provider is also Telekom Germany. We changed to IP- based telephony. Before we had cable DSL and everything works fine with the forum.

Best Regards
Volker

godot

Hi all,
a PS 1.3 user here from the 90s. Going to purchase PSX and tried to register in this forum for preparation.

Like tim96, I am using a mixed IPv4 and IPv6 DSL Internet access provided by Deutsche Telekom. This was never causing any problems, I am regularly accessing many websites via IPv6.

While trying to register, I couldn't get past the anti-spam question (ND range; to be honest, I had to look the answer up in my old PS 1.3 manuals). Whatever I entered in the answer field, I could not get past the question.

Found this thread then and registered via my mobile. That worked flawlessly (IPv4).

Another workaround in Firefox is to set "network.dns.disableIPv6" to "true" in about:config.

I think something is wrong with the forum software for IPv6 addresses...

Regards,
Christian