News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

VisualPSX landing on wrong Runway

Started by robwell, Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:32

robwell

Have made a flight from London to Paris (LFPG).

Using VisualPSX version 7.2 with P3D 2.5, and Beta8 of PSX.

On ILS to runway 26R (on final) I had a very strange effect. The Aircraft was moved from right glideslow to the left one for the runway 26L. (On P3D) I sure, I was moved by VisualPSX.

On PSX I was landing on Runway 26R. But on P3D I was landing finally on Runway 26L !!! When I touched the runway I was moved agane completly out of any runway!

Not sure if this issue come because of the beta8 or VisualPSX 7.2. Unfortunately I changed both the same time.

I don't remember that I had this problem before. But in fact it was first landing in LFPG.

tango4

Just to chime in I also have the same issue.

Garry Richards

That's a strange one. Would you mind repeating the approach from intercept to final and reporting what the runway display in VisualPSX says and what colour it is until PSX has its nose wheel on the ground.
Garry

cagarini

Also try the same situ by first disabling the offset calculations.

Presently I use no offset calc, because the airports I fly from / to are pretty much aligned with PSX's ...

tango4

Hi again,
Sorry for my very brief message yesterday, I was a bit in a hurry  :D

Actually, I have never been using visualpsx a lot because I always had some issues. With your latest release I was very pleasantly surprised by the stability and smoothness I was able to reach if I reduced the LOD on P3D. But after several tests I stumbled on that problem.
I did not want to bother you with it given the time you already dedicated to this freeware, so I kind of gave up on visualpsx.

For me it was a dealbreaker as I frequently fly from LFPG.

I don't have all the details in mind but it happened on several runways. It is indeed really strange. Same as Rob, I was on final to a given runway and it put me on final to the other runway, with the eicas message associated (and I could see on visualPSX interface that it was the cause). I made at least a dozen approach at CDG and if I remember correctly, either I did not have the issue on some runways, but on the runways where I had the issue I had it all the time.

Garry, please tell me if you want to investigate and need more info.

All the best.

Charles

tango4

And I forgot, but if I disable the offset calculation there is a bit of offset at CDG and I won't land on the centerline.

Garry Richards

Hi Charles,

Could you provide data as in post #3 above.

Thanks,
Garry

tango4

No problem, I'll do that ASAP. Perhaps today if I have time.
Thanks a lot for your time !

tango4

There you are !
I started the flight before intercepting 26R.
Strangely I did not see the EICAS message that I remember seeing in my previous tests.
Tell me if I can do anything else.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ab44ltoy9hadwe/20150621_091555_001.mp4?dl=0

If you hear some "background noise" that's my son playing...

Charles

cagarini

Charles,

try the same with All offsets disabled - works the best way for me most of the time...

tango4

Well, I already did, unfortunately I ended up with a slight offset at LFPG so it was kind of disconcerting not landing on the centerline...

cagarini

Confirmed here too.

If I set offset calculations for dest. airport in VisualPSX, I end up landing in 26L, while in PSX I'm landing in 26R.

If I totally disable the offset calc, then there is indeed a misalignement...

robwell

Sorry garry, was busy last time ... I will tray out agane.  ;)

robwell

Yesterday, I made same flight agane and it was all ok. This effect was no more. So  this issue happen not allways. My configuration was all the same.

Garry Richards

Thanks guys,

To my surprise I was able to reproduce this behaviour, exactly as in Charles' video. I don't yet know why but there may be a clue. The background of the runway display changed to black when the offset was applied but I have no code in VisualPSX to change the background colour so it's possible that the executable has compiled incorrectly. I will investigate.

Cheers,
Garry

tango4

Thanks a lot for your efforts Garry !

robwell

Thanks. reproduce -> starting to find a solution for the problem :)

Garry Richards

I have found the cause and fixed the problem.  8) The fix will be in the next release.  :D
Garry

tango4

Awesome !
In that case I will definitely give VisualPSX another try !

robwell