News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

VisualPSX Suite - major upgrade released

Started by Garry Richards, Tue, 12 May 2015 00:18

kiek

Quote from: Ivo de ColfmakerHi,
i am running version 5.10 build 5498 on windows 8.1 over a network to a computer running prepar3D 2.4 on windows 7 and it works fllawless, so i guess no need to  update here i presume?
ivo
Yes, keep it as it is Ivo. I've tried version 6.0, but no luck sofar....

Nico

Britjet

TrafficPSX in version 7 will not shut down, even through Task Manager,  if it doesn't load correctly.
It is necessary to do a complete reboot. I think we had this before?

Peter

cagarini

There is apparently a bit more of stutter with this new version,

Last night I took some time to test it, and in most of the SITUs I noticed further stutters.

My FSX:SE is clean, in DX9 mode, just for PSX.

I didn't install simconnect because the latest patch of FSX:SE includes a cersion which works well.

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Garry,

I'm so elsewhere right now, but I'll have a look at that release as soon as possible.

While I'm away from my PSX computer, please allow one quick question. I somehow remember (and understood) that the scanning path of the runway offset tool did not included FSX directories like FSX\\Imaginesim or FSX\\aerosoft. Has this been addressed in this issue?

I am asking mainly for one airport, ZSPD from Imaginesim, which has a significant offset from real life due to misplacement by the development team (mainly due to the misplacement - probably because of using non-WGS84 coordinates - of the aerial image in Google maps. [check the alignment between roads and aerial view!]). The significant offset is also visible with FSX + VisualPSX + PSX and I never figured out why. But the ZSPD add-on is in the FSX\\Imaginesim path...

Thanks,
  Markus

Markus Vitzethum

Hi Garry,

I am still trying to get offsets for ZSPD working with the payware scenery from Imaginesim. I tried different configurations, even placing the AFCADs in the \\addon scenery directory but it looks like VisualPSX does not recognize an offset. The "offset airport" field in Visual PSX remains empty.

Is it possible that the AFCAD, or more precisely ADE files are not recognized by RunwaysPSX?

The most recent versions of the ZSPD (payware) AFCADS (2 are needed) are available here: >>> here <<<, perhaps there is a chance that you might be able to check how RunwaysPSX works with these files.

Thanks,
  Markus

Garry Richards

Thanks everyone for trying the latest updates. I hope to have time to consider all the issues you have raised and to respond in the next few days.

I am delighted that so many are trying the new versions, including the many who remain silent or who do not visit this forum. Thanks!
Garry

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi, i am running version 5.10 build 5498, have 2 copies of it, one on the psx machine , one on the prepard machine, both the same build.
When running the version on the PSX. machine, the weather send from PSX to P3D does not show up, it remains the same, no matter what weather setting I use!
When running the version on the P3D machine, the weather follows PSX perfect.
Strange, maybe missed something here?

Also, I have the default 747.400 from  FSX folder copied in to the P3D folder, also installed the posky liverys, but then the plane bounces up and down , it jitters verticaly multiple times per second!
What liverys do you guys use, beside the standard default version?
Ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Britjet

Hi Garry

Re version 7 - I think it is a little smoother- though difficult to quantify - with some stutters, which are most noticeable when the aircraft banks - i(t seems to lock up completely sometimes as the bank takes effect)

The FPS on P3D is usually high on my rig - (in excess of 200FPS if not limited, and all settings at minimum) - but still stuttering even with FPS limited to 30 or so..

Interestingly, I also use Wideview from one P3D instance to another on the same network (not using PSX) and it is really smooth, so I'm not sure why there should be a difference..

TCAS improved - thank you!

Cheers,

Peter

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,
I have an invalid portnumber in SimConnect.cfg on the opening screen of visual psx 7.
It is however the same number with  version 5.10 build 5498.
all settings are identical, but can not get it to work.
any ideas please?
ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!

Joe

Hello PSX colleagues,

I've been trying now to bring to the new of RunwayPSX for P3D v2 running a few days. But unfortunately without success. RunwayPSX shows shows the simulator version (P3D_V2) correctly. But as soon as I press "Start Processing" said RunwayPSX terminated without further specification.
All previous versions have works.
RunwayPSX I run with administrator privileges. Also SimConnect is installed correctly.
Does anyone have an idea where I make the mistake?

Thanks and regards, Joe