News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

VisualPSX Suite - major upgrade released

Started by Garry Richards, Tue, 12 May 2015 00:18

Garry Richards

The VisualPSX Suite has had a major upgrade and is now available in two versions:

Version 6.0 works with Microsoft FSX, Microsoft FSX (Steam Edition) and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D version 1. If you are already using VisualPSX applications successfully, this version will work with your current system. It continues to use the Microsoft SimConnect.dll and is limited to the .NET framework 3.5. It works with Windows XP and Windows 7. It may work with Windows 8.

Version 7.0 works with Lockheed Martin Prepar3D version 2.5 only. It uses the latest SimConnect.dll from Lockheed Martin, requires Windows 7 or 8 and the .NET framework 4.5. Although it is not labelled as such, version 7.0 should be considered as a beta. It has had very limited testing so far and may not function properly in your system.

If you are thinking of upgrading to Prepar3D version 2.5 please be aware that the recommended hardware levels are much higher than the minimum requirements. In my opinion you are unlikely to be satisfied with it's performance, or that of VisualPSX, unless your system meets the recommended hardware levels and can handle DX11.

Please archive your current version of the VisualPSX Suite in case you have to reinstall it. I will not have much time to deal with any bugs in version 6 or 7 due to other commitments.

Happy flying!
Garry

cagarini

You're an Angel !

Rushing fetching it before leaving to work!!!!

Just 1 thing...

When it starts ( v6 with FSX:SE ion my case ) it says it can't find "Runways_PSX_v61.vpx"
but it was generated and placed in the VisualPSX folder ?

cagarini

Ok,

problem with the "Runways_PSX_v61.vpx" solved!

I noticed that mine was generated with a v62 instead of v61, manually changed the name, and it works perfectly.

What happened is that when I run RunwaysPSX, it identifies two installs - FSX and FSX:SE. I choose FSX:SE, because that's the only version I have installed, and that's the problem. I had to say it was FSX instead, and then the correct v61 was generated :-)

Strangely I had the same problem with an installer from Aerosoft for the Madeira airport. If I say it's FSX:SE, it ruins my scenery database... FSX:SE quirks, but all beautifully running now!!!

Thx Garry!

kiek

Thx Garry!

Question for clarification: What about P3Dv2.4? do we use Version 6.0  for that...?

Regards,
Nico

cagarini

Yes, i think I can answer that :)  - use 6 for P3D pre 2.5

kiek

That's what I thought too, but the Documentation says Prepar3D version 1 ...
Will give it a try.
Thx

brian747

:D  :D  :D

Fantastic, Garry — thank you so much!

Frustratingly, I won't be able to try it for a day or two (life's like that ), but I greatly look forward to doing so.

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

kiek

Quote from: jcommYes, i think I can answer that :)  - use 6 for P3D pre 2.5

Well tried it, but the Runways aplication of version 6.0 cannot find P3DV2.4 ... It lists None in the box with the Flight Simulators found, and again a message that it is for Prepar3D v1

Is your answer based on experience, or  ;)

cagarini

Oops!  Sorry for that...

I misinterpreted the docs, and no, I do not even have P3D on my rig :-/

Regarding the first experiences with this New version of VisualPSX, I can say that I am very glad with the new rw offset calculation method, which doesn't run when you're on short final but rather from a higher alt, so that when we are nearing final everything is really smooth and beautifully aligned!  

Thank you Garry! This is looking GREAT!

hi there,

I copied the files from vers 6 over 5498. VS 6 found that fsx and fsx steam is installed, when selecting the FSX steam (or FSX) from the list and start create psx runway.exe nothing happen, just closed the whole applicacation/operation.

with the 5498 version not such problems occured.

any Idea what I did wrong??

regards
CJK

cagarini

You also need the new "Common files" that come in a folder when you unzip the package, and you need to edit them and modify the IP addresses. Make sure that you place the "SimConnect.xml" after editing in the proper FSX folder under ROAMING in win7/8

Then, if you're running FSX:SE only ( like me ) make sure that you choose FSX and not FSX:SE when running "RunwaysPsx.exe", because otherwise it'll create an offset file with the wrong name, and ViauslPSX will not find it!

hallo jcomm,

thanks for your prompt reply, but unfortunately it does not work i.e. although I have done everything as before and pointed to the FSX the runway exe do not start.

regards
CJK

cagarini

Did you copy:

"Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll"
"RunwaysPsx.exe"

from the folder named "Verision 6.0" replacing the older files in your "VisualPSX" application folder ?

Are you by any chance using "Panda" antivirus, which considers "Runways.exe" as a threat and disables it's execution (and in my case even moved the file...)?

You might also need to run some of the installers / updaters under the "Utilities" folder.

hallo jcomm,

yes I did everything as I did before with the version 5498 which worked perfectly under FSX as well as under FSX Steam.

I guess the problem is that Visual PSX although he informed that he found the FSX resp. FSXSteam do not recognize the folder i.e. D:\\fsx and therefore stop acting before creating any file.

Will look into that matter this everning as I have to leave now.

anyway thanks a lot for kind assistance

regards
CJK

kiek

Quote from: kiek
Quote from: jcommYes, i think I can answer that :)  - use 6 for P3D pre 2.5

Well tried it, but the Runways aplication of version 6.0 cannot find P3DV2.4 ... It lists None in the box with the Flight Simulators found, and again a message that it is for Prepar3D v1
Fixed that with the Migration tool fooling it is FSX. Now runways.exe lists FSX, FSX SE and P3D v1. After choosing P3Dv1 it produces a ..v63.vpx file. However, VisualPSX does nothing, it not even recognizes PSX...

Well, I'll better  wait till Garry jumps in.

Nico

Avi

Thanks Garry,

There were no problems with the installation and it looks ok at first glance.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Hessel Oosten

FSX version here: no problems.

[size=8]Had (of course) to change in new cfg and xml files the i.p. addresses for my local settings.[/size]

Hessel

Britjet

Thanks, Garry

For P3D 2.5, then - do we have to use version 7?

Peter

PS1744

Thanks a lot Garry.

Perfect as usual.

Never thought that Switzerland was located down under.  :mrgreen:

Cheers  :lol:

Gilles.

Ivo de Colfmaker

Hi,
i am running version 5.10 build 5498 on windows 8.1 over a network to a computer running prepar3D 2.4 on windows 7 and it works fllawless, so i guess no need to  update here i presume?
ivo
A day at this forum is a day learned!