News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Rear Cockpit...

Started by SwissCharles, Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:39

SwissCharles

Hi Folks,

Getting at it again...
Does anybody have pictures from the rear part of the 744 cockpit (I do have the shell and liners from FDS..).

Since I don't want the sim to end at the back rest of the pilots seats, I would like to procure a few parts for the aft cockpit section.

Having browsed airliners.net back and forth, I wasn't able to source pictures from the rear cockpit except of a few glimpses left an right from right behind the piltos seats. I can barely see half of cb-panel P6 plus part of some interior liners looking like book shelves, but that's about it.

Anyone having pictures from the rear parts of the cockpit where I can see what's there or even a few measurements?

Any help most appreciated!

Charles near LFSB
Charles from Basel, Switzerland
Near LFSB

John H Watson

Do you know anyone with PMDG's 747-400? They have a beautiful rendition in 3D (using real dimensions).

I have a few odd photos plus some hand drawn diagrams with dimensions which now make no sense to me  :P

Note that some crew rest compartments vary (doors/compartments on different sides)

Of course, I can't show pics of the cockpit door. Even PMDG doesn't show this.

Rgds
JHW

United744

QuoteOf course, I can't show pics of the cockpit door.
That's just silly. "Security through obscurity" is no security at all. *sigh*

Knowing what the door looks like should not affect its ability to keep people out. If secrecy is required, it already failed.

John H Watson

I have my reasons. I'm not going to explain them here, no matter how many times you *sigh*.

SwissCharles

Hi John,

Unfortunately, no, I haven't access to PMDG's software..

If it's not too much hassle to send them over to me that would really be nice!
Contact link in my profile should work.

Oh if its' of any consolation to you the half-life-period of stuff I write or even draw is measured in ever smaller units...  :shock:

Many thanks for your offer - much appreciated!

-----------------------
Charles near LFSB
Near LFSB

B747-400

Hi Charles,

here are two links I found some time ago .. you can see someting, hopefully that what you are looking for ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-gWwLTpZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zduFsjLyhxA

BR Hans

United744

Quote from: John H WatsonI have my reasons. I'm not going to explain them here, no matter how many times you *sigh*.
I'm not asking you to. :)  As I said, it's stupid to rely on secrecy to prevent someone coming through the door. Knowledge of how the door works should not affect security. If it does, it's a crap system, and needs calling as such.

Protecting people's lives is far too serious to have BS security.

Let me put it another way: if you ever go skydiving, let me pack your chute. I might know how to do it properly.  :roll:

If it makes you feel any better, I already know how the door works. Don't forget germanwings. Clearly the Captain, with this apparent knowledge of the door, still couldn't get in, so it must be pretty good.

Don't take my comments personally. :)

John H Watson

Charles, your email address is hidden to me (must be a website option).

United... I understand your point of view, you don't need to elaborate... I used to think the same way, too. The Germanwings (and MAS 777) incident doesn't affect my change of heart/mind.

I'll try not to take too much offence  ;)

Rgds
JHW

SwissCharles

@ John: Sorry for that. I've sent you a PM.

@ Hans: Danke schön! The videos do give a general overview.

Thanks!

Re cockpit door - they are even selling one on eBay right now  :shock:

Charles near LFSB
Near LFSB

United744

QuoteRe cockpit door - they are even selling one on eBay right now
The winning bid gets put on a no-fly list for life.  :lol: