News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Mac Keyboard without Num Pad

Started by United744, Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:42

United744

Hi,

Does anyone know how to access the num pad keys on a Mac keyboard that doesn't have a num pad?

Thanks!

simbro

Only by adding an external usb/bluetooth numpad.  :D

Contrary to most 'windows-targeted' notebooks the apple devices don't have a function key to enable a num pad within the layout - there is no combination of ctrl/alt/cmd or such like available.

I solved the problem by adding a bluetooth numpad...

Regards
Simon

PS. I'm very willing to be corrected on the subject by anyone who knows better!!  :D

cavaricooper

@simbro

Unfortunately you are correct, in so far as I can tell.  I ordered an older Apple BT keyboard with number pad but it had issues, and so I am just using the newer version w/o the number pad.  I use the mouse to select the occasionally used view layouts and have mapped the joystick hat-switch to the 5 most used view layouts.  I keep vacillating between using all my hardware on the PCs, and getting totally minimalist when away with my rMBP..... still PSX allows for both- and that is fantastic!

Best- C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

United744

It's only a minor inconvenience. I was trying to program the FMC via the keyboard and suddenly realized I couldn't type the numbers.

I'll keep looking for a solution!

cavaricooper

Quote from: United744It's only a minor inconvenience. I was trying to program the FMC via the keyboard and suddenly realized I couldn't type the numbers.

I'll keep looking for a solution!

Should you have an iPad handy...which I do when traveling....
http://www.psxremote.com

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA