News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Real 747-400 ACP cannon plug

Started by Blake H, Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:21

Blake H

Hi Guys,

Just open one of my real ACPs to my surprise not wire diagram for the cannon plug. Anyone know what pin does what?

Cheers,

Blake Hauswirth

Gary Oliver

The one connector we didn't document in our master spreadsheet... I'll see if i can get you a photo of our hand written notes when I am next in the sim.

Blake H

Hi Gary,

Sweet. Great effort for working it out ;)

Thanks Blake

Mark

Hi Blake, what are you intending to do with the ACP?
In my notes I've got pins
1-2 - Backlighting
21 - 28v DC (24v works)
22 - 0v
15-17 - PTT switch
10-13 - Comms bus

Blake H

Get them work using the ARINC protocol through an interface.

Cheers,

Mark

Hopefully others will add notes with their success.
(ADDED) " and unsuccessful notes"

Gary Oliver

Good luck reading ARINC from the ACP (they don't use it)... Mark will add more here.

the mad hatter

I am still trying to cope with  ...as to how Mark get everything to function without the AMU ...And maybe there is a mod required to the ACP .. I see how it gives you interphone etc but not the rest ... In short its not easy manage unless you take a FDS solution .. How you going to power it all Blake ? then you have to get all four to talk to the RCPs etc

Edo and I and Nic (mainly Edo) wired the ACP/RCP heads to the AUM using the aircraft wiring and power and we still do have it as operational as we would would like I mean they light up function as per but no sound  its on our list after we get the overhead fully interoperable with PSX

Maybe Mark can share more details of how he did it ... I can send you pictures of what you are letting yourself in for

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   THE PENNY DROPS GOT IT FINALLY

Gary Oliver

John Golin

Quote from: Gary Oliver:roll:
:mrgreen:
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

martin

Quote from: John Golin
Quote from: Gary Oliver:roll:
:mrgreen:
:shock:

Blake H

Hi Mark,

Can you please explain why the ACP can not be interfaced using an ARINC/USB interface on this post?

Cheers,

Blake

Gary Oliver

The biggest reason is that it doesn't communicate via ARINC.

Blake H

Hi Guys,

Question, what is pin 1, 5 and 6 on the cabin interphone panel in relation to TX RX Common? Also what is the board rate for interface with the R232?

Cheers,

Blake

John H Watson

Not sure what you're asking, but 1 is TX (from panel to CIC), 5 is RX (CIC to panel) and 6 is return.

Board rate or baud rate?

Gary Oliver

Yep as john said, obviously the TX on the panel goes to RX on the ftdi.

1200 baud

Cheers
Gary

Blake H

Thank you.

I will let you guys know how it goes.

Hopefully no smoke and sparks.

Cheers

Blake Hauswirth  :D

Blake H

Hi Guys,

Cabin Call working! YAY

Now for the big challenge, to get the ACP functioning. Could someone please help me with exact description for the ACP pins 10, 11, 12 and 13. Which pin is TX RX common ect???

Cheers,

Blake Hauswirth

John H Watson

Do you have the schematic and wiring diagram for this? These are the data lines but the labelling is slightly different on each diagram.
12 and 13 seem to be a clock signal (with the schematics assigning a "+" sign to pin 12 and "-" sign to pin 13 (In the wiring diagram, pin 13 is labelled as the "return"). Pins 13 and 10 also form a pair and are labelled as the input to the ACP). Pin 10 is labelled "-" (but also "data in", on the wiring diagram)
Pin 11 is an output (back to the AMU). Pin 14 is an earth inside the ASP as part of the shielding for the data lines. I don't know if 11 and 13 form a pair.

Make any sense?

Rgds
JHW

b744erf

Hello my friends. This seems a very old post, but very useful. I recently purchased three OEM ACPs. I would like to interface them with PSX without disassembling them. Would any one share how to do that?
A good news is I just got the OEM RCPs work.

Regards

Jack

Roddez

Quote from: b744erf on Thu, 23 Feb 2023 23:43I would like to interface them with PSX without disassembling them. Would any one share how to do that?
A good news is I just got the OEM RCPs work.

Hi Jack,

Simulator Solutions have a plug and play solution for the ACP's.

Drop us an email and we can provide you with full details.

Cheers,

Rod.
Rodney Redwin
YSSY
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au