News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Looking for a 747 motorised throttle

Started by GodAtum, Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:45

B747-400

Quote from: the mad hatterJust for you Hans

I got a flicker account so I will upload pics there.. Back to this auto throttle I am lucky in some respects as the ....

Hi,

looking forward to the pics ... and yes, our hobby is very challenging. Especially the more  sophisticated our approaches are. But perhaps ...  thats why we love it?

BR Hans

B747-400

Quote from: farrokh747Hi Hans

That was from some years ago, ....

fc

Hi,

you said "years ago" .. how do you drive your motor today?

BR Hans

farrokh747

Hi Hans

My AT system is not yet functional (with PSX) - Im using the Simstack Solution for all my I/O -

Two Options:
1. Use the PWM servo output from the Simstack card, and use the H Bridge like earlier
2. Run the DC Motor directly from the card (3A limit per output channel) - perhaps not the right way..

As discussed elsewhere, John and Rod are adding functionality to the system daily... So Im still deciding... Ive been focusing on switches, pots and lamps first... will move on to servo and other exotic bits down the road..

In theory, A PWM servo signal should be able to drive the H Bridge

Perhaps there will be functionality in the cards to run the OEM AC motor down the line...

there's a slightly long-winded post of my earlier system..

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14926&p=74779&highlight=#post74779

FC

B747-400

Hi FC

thx for the infos and the link to the posting - will go thru it. Same here. The motor is a nice to have ... but first a lot of must have's needs to be done.

BR Hans