News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PTT button with TrafficPSX/vPilot

Started by simbro, Fri, 10 Apr 2015 10:08

simbro

For some reason I'm having no luck getting the PTT button in PSX to work with vPilot via TrafficPSX... Everything else works - the comm frequencies and transponder codes/mode are synched correctly but the PTT button doesn't do a thing.

Current HW setup is PSX on a Mac and FSX/vPilot an a Win7 PC.

I have configured the PTT button in PSX to a joystick button which is working according to the USB display on the Instructor page. The PTT button in vPilot is set to the L-CTRL key and this key is also configured in TrafficPSX in the appropriate box.

When I press the PC key I get the awaited 'buzz' that comes when tuned to a non-voice channel but on pressing the PTT key in PSX nothing happens.  It seems to me that the L-CTRL keypress is not being transmitted by TrafficPSX as I am expecting...

Have I overseen something obvious?  :?

Kind regards
Simon

Gary Oliver

Simon,

I found that in the later versions of vPilot the window name has changed.  I will have a look at the values I found which worked when I boot the sim up this evening.  You just need to edit the .cfg in TrafficPSX to change the window name.  

In the meantime try WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.1078a10 as the window name in the CFG.

I also found that even with UAC diabled in Windows 8 you still need to run vPilot and Traffic PSX as Admin or after a few minutes PTT stops working... Very random indeed.

Cheers
Gary

simbro

Hi Gary

Thanks for the tip! I double checked the windows class name for vPilot on my system and it was exactly what you suggested!

Small modification in PilotClients.cfg and the PTT button in PSX now works with vPilot as expected!!  :D

Kind regards
Simon