News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

VisualPSX Issue

Started by Velj, Mon, 6 Apr 2015 15:14

Velj

Hi Everyone,

I just installed VisualPSX according to the Manual provided in the zip file. Having followed the steps, I have successfully attained a connection between PSX and FSX according to VisualPSX.exe. All programs are running off the same PC.

The Problem I'm having is the following: Even if it says the connection exists, which I can confirm by the fact that when I change situation in PSX it immediately does so in FSX, the outdoor scenery does not show-up in SPX at all. I have attached a screenshot of VisualPSX.exe to this Dropbox link

If anyone has any ideas on how I could resolve this, that is to find a way to display the scenery of FSX in the PSX simulator I would be very grateful.

Cheers!

simbro

Hi Velj

I think you have misunderstood the purpose of VisualPSX as it does not replace the PSX visuals with those from FSX but only communicates the location (and various other parameters) of the PSX aircraft to FSX thus displaying the appropriate view inside FSX - not inside PSX.

In other words, it seems to be working for you as it should - but not as you were apparently expecting it to.

For VisualPSX to be of any real use you need a second monitor  - the first with PSX and the second showing the FSX visuals.

Kind regards
Simon

Velj

Hi,

Thanks for that but it might be the way we expressed the problem. In a nutshell, when I look out of the window, I do not see any FSX scenery, just the existing PSX generic view. It all appears to be connected, as per the screenshots, but clearly something is preventing us getting the airport/runway visuals etc.  Thanks

Velj

Sorry but have just read your post again. Are you saying that a second monitor is essential to see the FSX visuals ?

Avi

You can set your FSX window (frame) in the upper half on your screen and the PSX window (frame) in the lower half of your screen.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

simbro

What I mean to say is that you cannot replace the PSX view with the FSX one inside PSX. The PSX out-the-window view is integral to PSX and cannot be 'overwritten'.

As Avi says, it is possible to place the two separate windows (PSX & FSX) on one screen but is rather cramped due to space restrictions and the limited resolution.

The better solution is to have a second monitor connected to the PC. One for the PSX window/frame and the other for the FSX window/frame.

Velj

Many thanks for getting back to me. It's all clear now and I take the point about a cramped screen. Probably a 2nd monitor is the answer - on the case !