News:

Precision Simulator update 10.174 (26 April 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

TQ and reversers ... once more ;o)

Started by B747-400, Sun, 5 Apr 2015 19:10

B747-400

Hi all,

I know, this has been discussed some time ago .. but I did'nt found the conclusion to my question ..  :oops:

Working on my 747 TQ I'm implementing the pots for the thrustlevers. My genuine TQ uses a pushrod to bring the lever AND reverser movements to one resolver (potentiometer).

So my question: can I split the pot value to sense btw. thrust and reverser, or is it best to implement two potentiometer for each lever: one for thrust, one for reverser?

Any suggestions or discussions welcome!

Thanks a lot and BR from Vienna
Hans

Gary Oliver

Hans,

I wired my throttles using a couple of these:-

http://www.autosportlabs.com/product/celesco-sm1-linear-string-potentiometer/

I mounted them in the bottom and attatched them to the 'turny bit' where the pushrod connected to, removing the pushrods and making it a self contained unit.

I then used a bodnar card and wrote a quick program to take the pot value, calibrate it to 0 and then inject the variables to PSX.

One pot per lever

I could send you what I have got if you want?  goliver1984@gmail.com

Cheers
Gary

B747-400

Hi Gary,

a similar solution comes into my mind. But using linear pots instead of strings. 4 of this pots are not really cheap  :(

But then I was stuck with splitting values. A programm which injects the values seems to be a great idea to me.

BR Hans

AndrewTurner

What are your pots connected to ?

B747-400

Hi Andrew,

at the moment - for testing purposes - I'm using two Opencockpits USB-AXES Cards.

BR
Hans